Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2023 7th Round Pick #256 WR Grant DuBose

Clark, Gary, Alexander, Stokes, Walker, Wyatt, Savage, only 8 if you count Van Ness. I sure don't see 4 busts in there. Who other than Savage are you calling a bust?

The biggest bust is JoeBarry.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Clark, Gary, Alexander, Stokes, Walker, Wyatt, Savage, only 8 if you count Van Ness. I sure don't see 4 busts in there. Who other than Savage are you calling a bust?

The biggest bust is JoeBarry.
    Literally one of them is a great player. Two are good starters and the rest are average at best. It’s not like he has 8 probowlers. 8 first rounders don’t mean shit when most first rounders aren’t that good.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Whatever, but this came from your post: "50% of first round picks bust". Who are you calling "great", Jaire or Clark? I'd say both are top 3 or 4 in the league at their positions. Ditto that for your guy, Gary, before the injury. Walker, Wyatt, and Stokes aren't to that level yet, but the potential certainly is there, and they have been at least good overall even as rookies. That leaves just the rookie and Savage. I could see people writing Savage off as a bust, although even he still could turn out decent/above bust level.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    We have 8 first round picks on defense. But 50% of first round picks bust. So we have 4 good players. 8 first round picks isn’t what ya’ll are making it out to be.
    You're thinking about this backwards -- just because there are 8 R1 picks on defense doesn't mean 4 of them are by definition busts. Some GMs draft better than others, some HC and DL coaches are better.
    It's too early to say on Walker and Wyatt, and do we ever know about Stokes yet?

Jaire and Clark both signed top 5 contracts for their positions at the time, that's not a bust. Gary will likely sign for top 5 money too.
    I absolutely think the seat is hot for Joe Barry and the rest of the defensive staff (esp. Jerry Montgomery) based on Gute's comments about having high expectations for the defense. I know they talk like that every year, but there was something in how he repeatedly said it that makes me think Barry's head will be on the chopping block, and MLF will lose some cachet for sticking with him as long as he has.

I'm not sure what this all have to do with Grant Dubose (the topic), but whatever.