Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Picks I Liked

He's for Barry's replacement.

In the meantime, Bisaccia will use him as a flier on punt coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    I don't know. I thought the Carrington pick was an absolute steal in the 7th this year.
    According to Wayne Larrivee, Carrington has stood out to him so far during camp.

Yep, its early, but everything I read on him is positive. Hopefully you nailed that one.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Is it just me or is this draft class looking supremely good from this very early angle?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Is it just me or is this draft class looking supremely good from this very early angle?
    I think every pick in the 1st 5 rounds looks the part. Carlson has a big leg, but is a big question mark at this point. Valentine looks like a potential 7th round steal. The other 7th rounders haven't had enough chances yet to really evaluate them.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think every pick in the 1st 5 rounds looks the part. Carlson has a big leg, but is a big question mark at this point. Valentine looks like a potential 7th round steal. The other 7th rounders haven't had enough chances yet to really evaluate them.
    Yeah, missing two PAT's - not good. Not good.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yeah, missing two PAT's - not good. Not good.
    Not good. But missing an extra point is not as bad as missing a makeable field goal. 1 point vs. 3 points. Hell need to improve, but they're not going to panic over this. The important thing is to not let this snowball which leads to a lack of confidence. He needs to bounce back.

Not good. But missing an extra point is not as bad as missing a makeable field goal. 1 point vs. 3 points. Hell need to improve, but they're not going to panic over this. The important thing is to not let this snowball which leads to a lack of confidence. He needs to bounce back.
    This is absolutely it. Okay, he missed extra points - not good. But if he lets that get into his head, he's finished. I think that's what happened to Brett Conway. He seemed to feel the pressure of beng a fairly high draft pick, then I think he twinged his hammy or something, then he started missing, and then he just completely fell apart. We'll see if this kid, Carlson, is tough enough to bounce back.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries

Have we found our QB after the Love Machine craps on himself ? J/K...................J/K
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I'm not ready to give up on Carlson yet. He got good distance on his kickoffs. He kicked that 45 yarder without it being a low driving kick like often gets blocked. I don't know what to make of the missed PATs. He missed them both the same way, almost like he was experimenting or something. Hopefully he snaps out of it. I said long ago, bring Crosby back as an assistant special teams coach. That way he's close if you need him and can keep ready working with the team.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I still like last years class better. Tom, Doubs and Enagbare were absolute steals where we got them. Valentine could be the wild card that tips this years class over the top though.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm not ready to give up on Carlson yet. He got good distance on his kickoffs. He kicked that 45 yarder without it being a low driving kick like often gets blocked. I don't know what to make of the missed PATs. He missed them both the same way, almost like he was experimenting or something. Hopefully he snaps out of it. I said long ago, bring Crosby back as an assistant special teams coach. That way he's close if you need him and can keep ready working with the team.
    I think (can't be positive) the league has rules about teams signing a coach to the roster. Basically they don't want teams to navigate around the roster limits/salary caps.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I think (can't be positive) the league has rules about teams signing a coach to the roster. Basically they don't want teams to navigate around the roster limits/salary caps.
    They don't allow it. Teams asked for permission a couple of times and were denied by the NFL as it would violate roster limits.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...up-and-play-qb
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Didn't LaFleur tear his achilles tendon while performing as a QB in some kind of practice setting? Or was he just running around on the sideline?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Didn't LaFleur tear his achilles tendon while performing as a QB in some kind of practice setting? Or was he just running around on the sideline?
    He did some of that in practice. But he tore his achilles playing basketball at Lambeau.

Reports were great day for Love today. Carlson missed "game winning" 40 yard field goal after successful 2 minute drive.
    Another tough day for Newman.

Kyle Malzhan
    @KyleMalzhan
    Wow. Royce Newman just got walked all over on and dominated at the line. So much so that Luke Butkus came over and chewed him out.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 08-16-2023 at 01:49 PM.

Royce and Myers have been sliding down the ladder so much the last 18 months, I kinda have to wonder... what the hell?

Newman clearly yes, but Myers? I really don't think he's been sliding - other than the brief bad snap thing which appears to be over and done with now.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Don't quite agree with you on Myers, though I think you may have a point in that once we get a report on a guy ("Myers has sucked") we tend to go with that as the overall assessment, as opposed to understanding that his play might change. But it would help a lot if he'd have some good practices and get mentioned in the media for doing so. People might relax a bit if they hear he's doing better.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Don't quite agree with you on Myers, though I think you may have a point in that once we get a report on a guy ("Myers has sucked") we tend to go with that as the overall assessment, as opposed to understanding that his play might change. But it would help a lot if he'd have some good practices and get mentioned in the media for doing so. People might relax a bit if they hear he's doing better.
    Stenavich yesterday gave Myers a pretty good but not great review. "He's put together some solid practices. Still some things to work through, but he's done a good job".