Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Packers Picks I Liked

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What happened to Wicks? I haven't seen anything about an injury.
    I think he has a hamstring injury.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think he has a hamstring injury.
    Yep. First he missed time with a concussion, now both he and Doubs have hamstring injuries.

Did Dubose flash anything last night? I could see the team shelving Wicks for the season if they think Heath and Dubose got the rookie WR/special teams thing covered.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Did Dubose flash anything last night? I could see the team shelving Wicks for the season if they think Heath and Dubose got the rookie WR/special teams thing covered.
    I don't think they want to shelve Wicks for the entire season. I think they keep him and maybe put him on IR after the season starts so he can be brought back. With Wicks and Doubs having hamstring injuries, they might keep all 7 initially.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't think they want to shelve Wicks for the entire season. I think they keep him and maybe put him on IR after the season starts so he can be brought back. With Wicks and Doubs having hamstring injuries, they might keep all 7 initially.
    Yeah I don't think they want Wicks to miss the season and what that means for his development. He'll make the 53 but they could IR him after cutdowns and bring him back. If they IR him before cutdown to 53 he's done for the year. They could also waive him injured and settle with him, but there's no way you're doing that with a R5 pick who has shown some potential when he's been healthy enough to play.

I like Dubose, but I think he's more likely to be on the PS than the 53. Has shown some promise but was too far behind from missing so much time. Jadakis Bonds also developed a lot from OTAs to now; he might make the PS too. I expect them to stash 2 RBs and 2 WRs on the PS.