Thread: Picks I Didn't Like From the Packers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeah, unless they picked Conrad Valentine for special teams work, it's a weird, weird pick. Drafting a guy whose skills don't fit your defensive scheme.

Unless they think he can learn?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yeah, unless they picked Conrad Valentine for special teams work, it's a weird, weird pick. Drafting a guy whose skills don't fit your defensive scheme.

Unless they think he can learn?
    I think he's a ST/developmental pick. He's a good athlete and has the measurables.
    Random thought: with Stokes likely to be on the PUP to start, CV could be one injury away from starting at one of the outside corner spots. I suppose they'd could put Nixon outside and Savage in the slot, but then who are the safeties? Ford and Owens? Meh I guess safety will be a mess regardless.

IIRC Barry's contract is up after this year and based on Gute's comments re: expectations for the defense, it wouldn't shock me if the team goes 7-10 and MLF needs a scapegoat so Barry isn't back. Some other DC comes in and Valentine's skills could become more in-demand and he's in a good spot to compete.