Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Official OTA/Minicamp Thread

Peter Bukowski
    @Peter_Bukowski

Considering Jordan Love was QB1 all of OTAs last year, and then at least half the 2022 in-season practices while Aaron Rodgers dealt with rib and hand injuries, he's probably had more reps with Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs than Rodgers at this point.
    An interesting point.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I thought 2018-2019 might have been when Rodgers really started reducing his MOF throws. That was when he lost Randall Cobb, and maybe didn't trust the younger guys who replaced him. Obviously, the draft picks of Reed, Musgrave and Kraft point to the Packers wanting to attack the middle of the field. I wonder if they would have made those picks if Rodgers were still going to be here.
    Guess that would depend on whether GM Aaron Rodgers would approve.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Musgrave is the TE version of Christian Watson. Big, fast, athletic, raw. Very boom or bust. Early reports are the size and athleticism are legit, helmets and shorts isn't real football.
    Both he and Kraft should have a huge catch radius to catch a less accurate Love's throws and more upside than Lewis or Tonyan.

Jayden Reed and Toure likely fight for the slot role. If either pans out that will be huge. I'd think they'll give Reed every chance to win that job since he's a R2 pick. I think they were best when they had so many weapons on offense (Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Finley) that they couldn't all be covered. When it was just Adams and JAGS it stifled things. Getting back to adding more weapons is the way to go.

I think if Rodgers was still here there would have been more pressure to bring back at least some of the vets (Cobb, Lewis) so it's possible they would have drafted less receivers. (Lazard was probably gone, ya gotta get paid while you can.) They needed a big update at TE though. I think there would have been a lot of eye rolling and ignoring open players because ROOKIEZ CANT BE TRUSTED

Seems like every year this time you get reports of a rookie with some mysterious injury that keeps him out for a long time and puts him behind. This year's guy like that is the Kraft kid, the tight end. Will this be another third round bust??
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Seems like every year this time you get reports of a rookie with some mysterious injury that keeps him out for a long time and puts him behind. This year's guy like that is the Kraft kid, the tight end. Will this be another third round bust??
    IDK, Kraft was participating at the early OTAs. Wicks has missed some time too. Grant DuBose is the one who has sat out all of them so far.
    I'm hoping these are just GB being very cautious with their players and not that they drafted a bunch of badly injured kids.
    The draft prep process right after the CFB season might have some of them worn down?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    IDK, Kraft was participating at the early OTAs. Wicks has missed some time too. Grant DuBose is the one who has sat out all of them so far.
    I'm hoping these are just GB being very cautious with their players and not that they drafted a bunch of badly injured kids.
    The draft prep process right after the CFB season might have some of them worn down?
    I think that is probably true. The college kids literally transfer from football related workouts to drill specific workouts to improve their combine scores.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

In all three cases - Kraft, Wicks, and Dubose, the Packers got them seemingly as bargains where they were drafted. It's possible the reason that happened is that there was something injury-wise causing them to drop. If they snap back, great, we got good players later than expected. If not, the Packers didn't have all that many weaknesses anyway. They could afford to take a couple chances.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?