Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Rodgers is a good QB but a total tool. I think fans loved Rodgers before all the weird stuff came out. Many fans saw Russell Wilson and his nanobubbles and Cam Newton with... whatever, and Michael Vick with his dogs and were willing to overlook Rodgers weirdness.
    Being a jerk isn't against the law.

Joe Douglas was recently asked if he'd do the trade again and he said he would 15 out of 10 times. I find that funny; Rodgers has turned that team into a circus and probably has one year left in him. 2023 Jordan Love outplayed 2022 Rodgers and did it with a bunch of rookie receivers (and without Aaron Jones for half the season).

Rodgers was also recently spouting a conspiracy theory long debunked.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/sp...overnment.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Denver

I'm becoming more convinced that he's got CTE and is a public hazard if given a platform and a microphone.

I wonder if his believing in these looney ideas are related to his psychedelic usage:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ticity/672910/

The thing is, all those changes aren’t necessarily all good. Neuroplasticity just means that your brain—and your mind—is put into a state where it is more easily influenced. The effect is a bit like putting a glass vase back into the kiln, which makes it pliable and easy to reshape. Of course you can make the vase more functional and beautiful, but you might also turn it into a mess. Above all else, psychedelics make us exquisitely impressionable, thanks to their speed of action and magnitude of effect, though their ultimate effect is still heavily dependent on context and influence.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I wonder if his believing in these looney ideas are related to his psychedelic usage:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ticity/672910/
    I know a lot about psychedilcs, and I wouldn't rule it out. I'm not sure just how forthcoming he's been about his usage patterns, but the fact that he's gone on multiple multi-day ayahuasca retreats, speaks frequently about mysterious friends who are deeply into all sorts of out-there "new age-y"theories and philosophies, and seems to suggest that he uses psilocybin frequently and in fairly large doses all make it sound pretty plausible to me. If he's doing multi-day darkness retreats and multi-day psychedelic experiences, that means he's likely getting way, way, wa-a-a-ay inside his head at times when his mind is pretty malleable, and if (once he gets all the way in there) he's spending a lot of time thinking about the odd theories of his new age friends, there's no telling what the inside of his mind looks like anymore.
    Last edited by Frozen Tundra; 04-24-2024 at 05:19 PM.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Unsurprisingly people try to blame the drugs. He was always a shit human being. You just didn’t care when he threw a ridiculous amount of TDs and yards.

You, MadTown, are almost certainly the ONLY one in here who can really comment on what the guy is like as a person because you almost certainly are the ONLY one in here to have any personal interaction with him.

Everybody else is merely believing shit spewed by God damned media shitheads doing their damnedest to stir up trouble. Myself, I really don't know either, but your last line about not caring as long as he was performing in a GOAT-like way for the Packers, THAT is absolutely my perspective about him. Now that he's somebody else's QB, I really don't give a shit at all.

As for the supposedly weird things he supposedly said, don't discount the distinct possibility that he was just messing with those stupid media pukes.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Unsurprisingly people try to blame the drugs. He was always a shit human being. You just didn’t care when he threw a ridiculous amount of TDs and yards.
    Yeah, but now he's a WEIRD shit human being.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

You guys sure talk a lot about someone you don’t like.

He’ll still go down as one of the best to play the game and arguably the best Packer.

And there are a fair amount of people who don’t think he’s crazy or shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Rodgers is a good QB but a total tool. I think fans loved Rodgers before all the weird stuff came out. Many fans saw Russell Wilson and his nanobubbles and Cam Newton with... whatever, and Michael Vick with his dogs and were willing to overlook Rodgers weirdness.
    Being a jerk isn't against the law.

Joe Douglas was recently asked if he'd do the trade again and he said he would 15 out of 10 times. I find that funny; Rodgers has turned that team into a circus and probably has one year left in him. 2023 Jordan Love outplayed 2022 Rodgers and did it with a bunch of rookie receivers (and without Aaron Jones for half the season).

Rodgers was also recently spouting a conspiracy theory long debunked.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/sp...overnment.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Denver

I'm becoming more convinced that he's got CTE and is a public hazard if given a platform and a microphone.
    Oh run, do you really have to inject politics into this thread? Lets bring this one to FYI so I can thump it like it deserves. In the meantime, please don't tempt me to get banned on the morning of the draft.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Except you are blaming the drugs for him saying something he never actually said. A headline isn't a quote, and mad, you of all people should realize this belongs in FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post

He’ll still go down as one of the best to play the game and arguably the best Packer.

Agreed. I think he is different for sure. I think he has a chip on his shoulder. I think he pushes the edge on some things and then a quote gets taken out of context. Most of all I think some people never learn about injecting politics into the football forum and I don't get to respond properly because I'll get banned.

Rodgers was a great QB for us, but now he is a Jet. Bye Felicia, was nice watching you but you gone.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Oh run, do you really have to inject politics into this thread? Lets bring this one to FYI so I can thump it like it deserves. In the meantime, please don't tempt me to get banned on the morning of the draft.
    yeah fair point. lol my bad.

Rodgers was a great QB for us, but now he is a Jet. Bye Felicia, was nice watching you but you gone.
    Agree with this too.

I enjoyed watching Rodgers and he had some otherwordly seasons, but those days are long gone.
    Favre was incredible for us and he's basically unmentionable to some now because of off-field stuff.

Love the player, strongly dislike the person's words/actions off the field. As a fan of the team, that's ok. Not a Packer now, he can take his crazy to the Jets.

So maybe let’s not idolize athletes at all… and learn that Love might be great on the field and a dick elsewhere too…

So maybe let’s not idolize athletes at all… and learn that Love might be great on the field and a dick elsewhere too…
    agree, and I don't. The NFL is full of bad people, and that isn't unique to the NFL.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Except you are blaming the drugs for him saying something he never actually said. A headline isn't a quote, and mad, you of all people should realize this belongs in FYI.
    I was getting a reply ready for him but since he is not a repeat offender like Tex or you he got off light. I do appreciate you being my CI, been looking for one.

So maybe let’s not idolize athletes at all
    Whoa! Just stop with the crazy talk.

I remember when all you fuckers loved Rodgers.
    I remember when he was somewhat loveable.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I remember when he was somewhat loveable.
    Not a lot of jocks will push someone’s grandma across an airport, a la Aaron Jones. In fact, a lot of jocks are pompous motherfuckers. Hell, Bill Schroeder once refused to sign an autograph for teenage me unless I shell out $20 for a Packers swimming suit calendar. The Packers lack female cheerleaders. Told Schroeder I ain’t gay and have no use for a calendar full of half-naked men.

Much like ole Fosco, I have grown fond of Butte.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Hell, Bill Schroeder once refused to sign an autograph for teenage me unless I shell out $20 for a Packers swimming suit calendar. The Packers lack female cheerleaders. Told Schroeder I ain’t gay and have no use for a calendar full of half-naked men.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's a story he still tells, 30 years later.

There was a clip of him throwing behind garret wilson a few days ago and packer fans had to chime in that it was behind him. But the efficiency that he has when he uncorks the ball was a thing of beauty. Count me out of the hater list. Plus I love acid and psychadelics and odd ball thinking so I like the off field stuff too.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Damn I was hoping the Jest would take JJ McCarthy.

Or at least a defensive player.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack