Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Since every thread is devolving into talk about Rodgers, it's time we have this thread to collect all the crap commentary about the most recent ex-Packer MVP, HOF bound QB.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Just hanging out with a few friends at the Kentucky Derby.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I recognize a lot of those dudes but not all.

Who's the tall guy next to Rodgers? Who are the two dudes next to tall guy? Is Bak's brother in front of Rodgers?

Lotta Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

Who's the tall guy next to Rodgers? Who are the two dudes next to tall guy? Is Bak's brother in front of Rodgers?

Lotta Packers.
    I think the tall guy is Jimmy Graham. Don't know who the other 2 guys are.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

Lotta Packers.
    It's NoHo Hank!

"The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The skinny one is Matt Shneidman
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    The skinny one is Matt Shneidman
    I don't think so, he was in GB for mini camp not at the derby.

Hawk, Cobb, Rodges, Graham, Eric Bahktiari(?), ?, Davante, Lazard, Flynn, Bulaga
    ? and David Bahktiari squatting

(I could be wrong)

It's offseason, slow news cycle

On another note, I read somewhere - I don't even remember where - that Rodgers is going to skip whatever the next team activities are. So those who were somehow ticked off or concerned that Rodgers was now suddenly all-in, well, maybe he's not. Or maybe what he thinks he needs to do to be ready for the season, to be "all in," is different than showing up for every team thing.

A different offseason program than, say, Patrick Mahomes, who apparently shows up for everything, even the janitors' training sessions.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    On another note, I read somewhere - I don't even remember where - that Rodgers is going to skip whatever the next team activities are. So those who were somehow ticked off or concerned that Rodgers was now suddenly all-in, well, maybe he's not. Or maybe what he thinks he needs to do to be ready for the season, to be "all in," is different than showing up for every team thing.

A different offseason program then, say, Patrick Mahomes, who apparently shows up for everything, even the janitors' training sessions.
    Mahomes is only 27 and already married...with children. Ain’t like he aspires to travel round the world, a-banging all “types” of women.

When Butte was 27, the bachelor in him coulda skipped the meaningless OTAs and traveled ‘round the world, a-banging the many types of women biology has evolved. Yet, there he was, shoveling snow in the middle of May in cold, dark and dull Wisconsin.

Fucking point is, Butte never once skipped the meaningless OTAs in his prime years. As for Butte skipping the meaningless OTAs as a greybeard, ask yourself this: is it cool for a 40 year old burger flipper with 10+ years of slavery, err, experience flipping burgers to be bonding with a bunch of young pups at the burger joint that enslaves, err, employs said hapless 40 year old burger flipper?
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 05-09-2023 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Listening to “Little Talks,” by Of Monsters and Men.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

There's a reason why you don't find people saying burger flipping is a team sport.

It's not all about Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    There's a reason why you don't find people saying burger flipping is a team sport.

It's not all about Aaron.
    Burger flipping still takes a tons of good teamwork to prepare orders efficiently. Otherwise, the Karen’s are gonna cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Burger flipping still takes a tons of good teamwork to prepare orders efficiently. Otherwise, the Karen’s are gonna cry.
    It isn't just about you either.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    hahahaha Careful. With talk like that, they might make you a manager, and then you'd have to stop whining about minimum wage.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahaha Careful. With talk like that, they might make you a manager, and then you'd have to stop whining about minimum wage.
    They still refuse to promote me. At this point in space-time, I am just looking for an inspiration to quit while trying not to burn down the bridge. I mean, there’s a burger joint in every town. Much as I loath burger flipping, it’s better to keep the bridge intact in case one has to crawl back to the burger joint out of desperation.

I thought Butte’s departure would inspire me to quit. Alas, I remain timid and indecisive.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 05-11-2023 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Watching YouTube clips of Lukas “Vanilla Ice” Van Ness.

All I'll say is Rodges was one of the all-time greats for GB.
    Owned the Bears, which was especially great.

He'll be in the ring as a PHOF and in Canton, first-ballot.

Beyond that, don't care as long as he's not a criminal.

So we are guaranteed a 1st rounder if AR does his 65% snaps with Jets.
    What if he’s hurt week one at Jets vs Buffalo and is done for the season, what happens to our “guaranteed 1st rounder,” then????

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    So we are guaranteed a 1st rounder if AR does his 65% snaps with Jets.
    What if he’s hurt week one at Jets vs Buffalo and is done for the season, what happens to our “guaranteed 1st rounder,” then????
    Then it's a 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Then it's a 2nd rounder.
    Yep, and the argument about if we were better in 2023 with Rodgers vs. Love becomes pretty evident. You'd be starting Love with more draft capital and cap space.
    I think it's highly likely Rodgers hits the 65% mark, but I also think he's likely to get there pretty banged up. I'd take GB's OL over NYJ's any day.
    Aging players don't get more injury resistant, especially as they approach 40.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Yep, and the argument about if we were better in 2023 with Rodgers vs. Love becomes pretty evident. You'd be starting Love with more draft capital and cap space.
    I think it's highly likely Rodgers hits the 65% mark, but I also think he's likely to get there pretty banged up. I'd take GB's OL over NYJ's any day.
    Aging players don't get more injury resistant, especially as they approach 40.
    Not to mention all the games that will be played on turf. Only Miami has a grass field within their division.

Jets - 13 of 17 games on fake turf
    Packers - 4 of 17 games on fake turf