Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
Yep, and the argument about if we were better in 2023 with Rodgers vs. Love becomes pretty evident. You'd be starting Love with more draft capital and cap space.
I think it's highly likely Rodgers hits the 65% mark, but I also think he's likely to get there pretty banged up. I'd take GB's OL over NYJ's any day.
Aging players don't get more injury resistant, especially as they approach 40.
I think it's a strong bet he gets the 65% too. It would be funny if he missed a game or two and was close at the end of the season, and the Jets were out of the race, if they sat him to keep him under 65%. A second rounder is a fairly decent consolation anyway.

I think Rodgers has an excellent year for the Jets, same as he woulda had for the Packers. I don't think he gets pressure by the pass rush more than he did/woulda for the Packers - as I always said and people, of course, disagreed with, the Packer O Line is overrated BECAUSE of Rodgers. I also don't think the turf thing will do him much harm - QBs don't take off and run that much in most cases. They will have a decent record but not make it to the Super Bowl.

I expect Rodgers to finish his career with the Jets in maybe 3-5 years and go into the HOF as a Packer. just as Favre did.