Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So we are guaranteed a 1st rounder if AR does his 65% snaps with Jets.
    What if he’s hurt week one at Jets vs Buffalo and is done for the season, what happens to our “guaranteed 1st rounder,” then????

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    So we are guaranteed a 1st rounder if AR does his 65% snaps with Jets.
    What if he’s hurt week one at Jets vs Buffalo and is done for the season, what happens to our “guaranteed 1st rounder,” then????
    Then it's a 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Then it's a 2nd rounder.
    Yep, and the argument about if we were better in 2023 with Rodgers vs. Love becomes pretty evident. You'd be starting Love with more draft capital and cap space.
    I think it's highly likely Rodgers hits the 65% mark, but I also think he's likely to get there pretty banged up. I'd take GB's OL over NYJ's any day.
    Aging players don't get more injury resistant, especially as they approach 40.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Yep, and the argument about if we were better in 2023 with Rodgers vs. Love becomes pretty evident. You'd be starting Love with more draft capital and cap space.
    I think it's highly likely Rodgers hits the 65% mark, but I also think he's likely to get there pretty banged up. I'd take GB's OL over NYJ's any day.
    Not to mention all the games that will be played on turf. Only Miami has a grass field within their division.

Jets - 13 of 17 games on fake turf
    Packers - 4 of 17 games on fake turf

I think it's a strong bet he gets the 65% too. It would be funny if he missed a game or two and was close at the end of the season, and the Jets were out of the race, if they sat him to keep him under 65%. A second rounder is a fairly decent consolation anyway.

I think Rodgers has an excellent year for the Jets, same as he woulda had for the Packers. I don't think he gets pressure by the pass rush more than he did/woulda for the Packers - as I always said and people, of course, disagreed with, the Packer O Line is overrated BECAUSE of Rodgers. I also don't think the turf thing will do him much harm - QBs don't take off and run that much in most cases. They will have a decent record but not make it to the Super Bowl.

I expect Rodgers to finish his career with the Jets in maybe 3-5 years and go into the HOF as a Packer. just as Favre did.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

The Packers should trade Bakhtiari to the Jest for next year's second, and as a condition of that trade, automatically bump up the Roders pick to a first rounder with no strings attached.

Then you'd have the Jest first- and second-rounders next year. Cool!

Or, to protect the pick for Rodgers as a likely first-rounder, you could also trade Bakh to the Jets for their 2025 second rounder.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack