Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I read the "Fairweather Fluff" ESPN bog article above, and it didn't say that motion made it easier for Rodgers to read the defense; it just said that it's easier for him to run plays before the defense gets set or freeze them until the last second on the play clock.

If LaFleur's offense has motion from one side of the QB to the other, especially for sweeps or sweep play action, then you only have a certain window when you can snap the ball -- and really a small window for the QB to read the defensive key. If it's the motion that I'm used to from the 90s and 2000s, where a big receiver or back just kinda plods around from the O-line to the far hashmark and re-sets somewhere to move a safety, then that doesn't demand the same kind of precision timing that modern offense does.

" It needs to be a free-flowing conversation between the coaches and the players." - I'm sure that's exactly how Aaron will feel when Zonovan Knight interrupts him to ask why he can't get better touch on block-and-release screen passes when there's a red dog blitz.

Separately, how often did Aaron's cadences actually draw players offside? I know the announcers made a big deal of him and Brett's snap counts, but I don't remember as many free plays or new first downs as they talked it up. It seems like the fear of an offside penalty makes defense less likely to time the snap and more likely to react, which isn't a bad thing either..
    Last edited by NewsBruin; 06-09-2023 at 12:10 AM.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.