Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    What really surprised me was how out of sync Rodgers and the Jets Oline were. The tackles were doing cut blocks expecting that it would be a quick pads, and Rodgers was searching for just the right pass. Rodgers was hit on all three drop backs. Even if his foot hadn't stuck in the turf, he would have been lucky to last 65% of the snaps in that game.

While many are reading Rodgers last rites on his career, he really needs a priest to teach him the rhythm method.
    Yeah, I read something that said the LT did exactly what he was suppose to do on the injury play. He was upper to cut block the guy, and it was suppose to be a quick dump off. But Arron went off script without telling anyone else

Same type of crap he’s been pulling for years

I’m supposed he wasn’t yelling at the LT for not knowing what he was going to do

In 2019, Tampa gave up 47 sacks.
    In 2020 they gave up 21.
    In 2007 the Patriots gave up 21 sacks.
    In 2008 the Patriots gave up 48 sacks.
    In 2009 the Patriots gave up 18 sacks.

Guess which years Brady wasn't playing.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    In 2019, Tampa gave up 47 sacks.
    In 2020 they gave up 21.
    In 2007 the Patriots gave up 21 sacks.
    In 2008 the Patriots gave up 48 sacks.
    In 2009 the Patriots gave up 18 sacks.

Guess which years Brady wasn't playing.
    Right, and Brady threw very few picks after the first 6 or 7 years of his endless career.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Rodgers averaged about 7 per year after his first couple stinkers and Brady averaged about 9 or 10.

The difference in sacks doesn’t make up for the couple picks. Brady was better.

I'm not going to argue about whether Brady is better, because it's way more complicated and open to interpretation of what you mean by "better."

Brady was better at getting the ball out quickly and had less sacks because of it, despite being pretty immobile.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I'm not going to argue about whether Brady is better, because it's way more complicated and open to interpretation of what you mean by "better."

Brady was better at getting the ball out quickly and had less sacks because of it, despite being pretty immobile.
    "The night is darkest before the dawn," Rodgers, 39, wrote on his Instagram account Wednesday afternoon, his first comments since the injury. "And I shall rise yet again."

Is he channeling his inner Winston Churchill or something? WTF was that?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    "The night is darkest before the dawn," Rodgers, 39, wrote on his Instagram account Wednesday afternoon, his first comments since the injury. "And I shall rise yet again."

Is he channeling his inner Winston Churchill or something? WTF was that?
    The phrase "the night is the darkest before dawn" was first written by an English theologian. Rodgers may have a bit of a Jesus complex going on here.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The phrase "the night is the darkest before dawn" was first written by an English theologian. Rodgers may have a bit of a Jesus complex going on here.
    Maybe more a Vincent Van Gogh fan:

Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.
    — Vincent Van Gogh

In spite of everything I shall rise again: I will take up my pencil, which I have forsaken in my great discouragement, and I will go on with my drawing.
    — Vincent Van Gogh

He is a QB artist, afterall and much like Van Gogh, completely full of himself.

What he says is no longer my concern. I'm good with that.

Brady had an ACL injury. Rodgers had one of those before he turned pro. Rodgers has had a couple of collarbone injuries which could be problematic if they are your throwing side. He had that one year where it was probably a broken leg or something with his knee. Anyway, an Achilles injury is more severe than an ACL in this day and age for NFL pros.
    Another thing to consider: by nature of Rodgers' play style, he has taken way more sacks and hits than Brady did. That counts for something. As players age they get hurt more easily and enjoy those hits less and less.

Finally, Brady's career is an absolute unicorn unless you can prove otherwise. He's so far out there as an outlier, using him as a measuring stick for any QB older than 35 is going to have tons of caveats. You're better off looking at other QBs who have had good enough careers to be starting past age 35. That list is growing because of the passing game rules, but there is a steep decline in performance and equally steep increase in injuries around that age.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Maybe more a Vincent Van Gogh fan:

Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.
    — Vincent Van Gogh

In spite of everything I shall rise again: I will take up my pencil, which I have forsaken in my great discouragement, and I will go on with my drawing.
    — Vincent Van Gogh

He is a QB artist, afterall and much like Van Gogh, completely full of himself.
    Or maybe a fan of the Dark Knight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPfDL1OoV3k

15 years of people telling you how great you are will do that to a complicated fella.
    I think Rodgers will use everything he can as a chip on his shoulder to rehab his way back. Whether his body can agree with his mind on the rehab is another story.

I'm sure the Jets will do what they can to help, although I wouldn't let his conspiracy kook pals on the medical team. If Rodgers retires the Jets have a cap mess on their hands.

Even if he makes it back I'm not sure what that injury will do to his ability in the pocket or accuracy - the legs are a pretty important part that. I guess we'll find out.
    He'll inject himself into the limelight via McAfee and social media (and maybe try to land a gig as a color guy while rehabbing, you never know); he's got an ego and has easy access to the NYC media market.

His injury is bad for the jets and the NFL in general (and the Packer's losing out on a R1 pick) but I'm sure he'll still get exposure, whether it's thru his rehab or some other nonsense.
    I've moved on because he's not on the Packers.

"The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

LMAO

Told ya so.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Haha, seeing his cocky smug grill on Jesus is too much

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Physician, heal thyself!

I'm kind of confused by all the Rodgers hate. When Favre left he was an all time selfish asshole and people on this site were worshipping him. Rodgers wasn't even in the ballpark of prickness and everyone hates on him. People never cease to baffle me.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'm kind of confused by all the Rodgers hate. When Favre left he was an all time selfish asshole and people on this site were worshipping him. Rodgers wasn't even in the ballpark of prickness and everyone hates on him. People never cease to baffle me.
    This. 100%

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Hate is a strong word. Not worshiping him as a person and fine that he left, sure.