Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I also expect you’ll see the Jest investing heavily in the offensive line next offseason, both in terms of drafting and signing free agents.
    I expect the Jets are in full damage control mode and aren't counting on Rodgers to be a good player next season. Not sure what their difficult options are, but rolling the dice on a win-now year with Rodgers sounds like a bad commitment.

I don't go to concerts, Newsbruin, (except some country music decades ago). I don't even know what "freebird" is all about (or care).

Most of the crap you're talking about is totally irrelevant (or should be) to football fans. I assume Favre and Rodgers and most other overpaid athletes hire publicists to put out good shit about him for the people who actually care about that silly shit, and also to counter the media assholes doing their damnedest to dig up bad shit about them.

The ONLY thing that is (or should be) important to Packer fans is what they do in football. And in that area, Rodgers and Favre are probably #1 and #3 best QB all time. Any of the rest of that shit, I don't give a damn.

All of that is in the past, though. Rodgers' future performance if any? Frankly, I don't give a damn, He is no longer a Packer, so the hell with him, same as the hell with anybody else from other teams.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Bruin, you are w-a-a-a-y too nuanced and thoughtful for Tex. Gotta paint with a wide brush for the Texan.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Rodgers saying he’s gonna prove everyone wrong about the timeline. Oof. I know the medical field is trash, but injury timelines don’t seem like an area even they can mess up too badly.

Something tells me he’s gonna be reinjured very quickly on this one.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

The medical field is trash? Dare I go down this rabbit hole? lol
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    The medical field is trash? Dare I go down this rabbit hole? lol
    LOL yeah, I'm not touching that one, other than it's a ridiculously bad take. You could convince me if you were talking about medical billing practices though.

The medical field is like all fields. We have some very brilliant people and some dolts. Like too much of life the dolts end up as bureaucrats and making most of the broad policy.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

The talking heads at ESPN were debating whether the Jest should try to find another QB. Zach Wilson is clearly way, way over his head.

But who the hell is out there that would be worth pursuing?

I wonder if Rodgers is secretly smirking that the Jest are lost without him, or if he's thinking "Geez, my puppet Hackett might be fired, so I hope they win a few games." Or both.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Would you rather have a 40 year old Rodgers with a torn Achilles or Love and two seconds?
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Love for sure.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Would you rather have a 40 year old Rodgers with a torn Achilles or Love and two seconds?
    Tough call. Love can maybe get one play done with only two seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Tough call. Love can maybe get one play done with only two seconds.
    Good one.

Getting back to my previous post, I do wonder how much sway Rodgers really, really holds over the organization. Does Woodhead Johnson hang onto Saleh and Hackett next year, even if this year goes completely in the pooper, because Rodgers wants them back when he comes back? Does Saleh have to wonder if Rodgers really wants him there, or is it just Hackett?

Could Woodhead really fire Hackett and have Rodgers be okay with that, if the offense can't produce at all this year? Would the Jest fire Saleh but tell any new head coach he has to keep Hackett so Rodgers is happy? (Shades of the MLF hiring with Mike Pettine.) Would Saleh be willing to dump a defensive coordinator as a scape goat, but keep Hackett, just to keep his job?

These are the kinds of headaches you get when you get Aaron Rodgers. Even when he's injured and out, he's still a heavy weight on the decision making of the brass.

You can have that.

KYPack

Hackett, Saleh, etc. probably have years left on their contracts, Woody will keep them if Rodgers comes back. I think even if Rodgers doesn't and they get to 6-7 wins they could be back but with a new R1 QB to replace Zach. Their defense is pretty good and they have talent at skill positions...just not at QB.

I'd take Jordan Love and 2 R2 picks over a 40 yo QB with a torn Achilles.
    Rodgers may come back and possibly do so with a vengeance, but his best days are far behind him. Very few 40 QBs have thrown more than 100 passes in the NFL.

He was already losing accuracy and scrambling ability. We all saw it last year

That’s not gonna get better with this injury, no matter how experimental it is

He’ll be 40 coming off a massive injury that impacts your mobility

I bet he fights his way back, if no other reason the collecting that paycheck, but he isn’t going to better then what he was last season

Reminder: last season he never cracked 300 yards and only threw for 3 TDs once - vs. Dallas.
    In NFL-time, he'll be a long time removed from that, never mind his MVP seasons.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Wait, 2 seconds? I guess Love ain’t Black enough, cos, the Blacks are stereotypically known for their reproduction powers.

To answer your question, IF I were a chick or a queer, I’d take a 40 year old man, even one with a torn Achilles (which ain’t in any shape, form, matter or anti-matter a reproduction organ) any night of the week over some sensitive fuck who can’t last more 2 fucking seconds.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 09-22-2023 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Downloading aphrodisiac vids.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

APB, we all pretty much got a schtick in here; I get that. But yours is getting so old it's crusty. You're supposedly a too-old-to-be-flipping-burgers burger flipper, and your "cool cool" hip-hop and music references are now old and worn out, as are your comments about black and white players. Jesus, your "hip hop safety" Harrison Smith is fucking 34 years old now. You know that, right?

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    APB, we all pretty much got a schtick in here; I get that. But yours is getting so old it's crusty. You're supposedly a too-old-to-be-flipping-burgers burger flipper, and your "cool cool" hip-hop and music references are now old and worn out, as are your comments about black and white players. Jesus, your "hip hop safety" Harrison Smith is fucking 34 years old now. You know that, right?
    I'm curious now. What's my schtick?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I'm curious now. What's my schtick?
    Whatever it is, it's good