Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I'm curious now. What's my schtick?
    Being reasonable and solid.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

You're . . . Sharpe.

Getting back to Arod in this thread, I heard it floated on Detroit sports radio yesterday that maybe the Vikes could hook up with the Jest and trade Cousins over there, so the Jest can salvage their season. Apparently, some of the defensive players are getting annoyed at how protective Long Tall Saleh has been of Zach Wilson. They all know if they played defense like he plays offense, they'd be benched and bitched at. So there's unrest in the Big Asshole.

And Minny would have an interest in getting rid of Cousins.

But do the Jest have to run that by ol' Aaron first, make sure he's cool with it?

Or if they don't, or if he's cool with it, since Cousins is in the last year of a contract, what if Cousins plays really well? Do the Jest dare to offer him a contract and call the Aaron experiment a failed one?

Again: the joys of having an aging HOF quarterback...
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Getting back to Arod in this thread, I heard it floated on Detroit sports radio yesterday that maybe the Vikes could hook up with the Jest and trade Cousins over there, so the Jest can salvage their season. Apparently, some of the defensive players are getting annoyed at how protective Long Tall Saleh has been of Zach Wilson. They all know if they played defense like he plays offense, they'd be benched and bitched at. So there's unrest in the Big Asshole.
    Not sure they can make that work with Cousins contract? Seems like just water cooler talk to pass time.
    I can't imagine trading Cousins 3-4 weeks into the season, it's a bad NFC and you're waving the white flag awfully early. You're also hoping the Bears and Cards do better than you so you can pick a top 3 QB. The Minny fan base is cranky already, if they trade their QB away they'll be really mad... and so will Justin Jefferson. You want to extend him with nobody at QB? No matter what, Vikings are in a tricky spot.

As for Jets defensive players, they'd have to send some over in the trade, probably. I might prefer to play for Saleh and hope to stick around for Rodgers' return next year.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Not sure they can make that work with Cousins contract? Seems like just water cooler talk to pass time.
    I can't imagine trading Cousins 3-4 weeks into the season, it's a bad NFC and you're waving the white flag awfully early. You're also hoping the Bears and Cards do better than you so you can pick a top 3 QB. The Minny fan base is cranky already, if they trade their QB away they'll be really mad... and so will Justin Jefferson. You want to extend him with nobody at QB? No matter what, Vikings are in a tricky spot.

As for Jets defensive players, they'd have to send some over in the trade, probably. I might prefer to play for Saleh and hope to stick around for Rodgers' return next year.
    If I recall correctly, Cousins is in the last year of his contract. And Aaron Rodgers did regnegotiate so the Jets would have some cap room.

Sure, it's early, but it sure looks like Cousin's not coming back to Minny anyway, so why not get a pick or two for the rebuild? It can't matter to much to Justin Jefferson, as Cousins wasn't coming back anyway.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Rodgers has to go to the Vikings per the Favre rule. Maybe the Jets cut bait and trade him to the Vikings.

Rodgers has to go to the Vikings per the Favre rule. Maybe the Jets cut bait and trade him to the Vikings.
    Cool thought, but I can’t imagine why a rebuilding Vikes team would want an aging injured HOF QB.

But you never know.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Cool thought, but I can’t imagine why a rebuilding Vikes team would want an aging injured HOF QB.

But you never know.
    Because it's preordained.

Don't get ahead of your skis. First a dick pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Don't get ahead of your skis. First a dick pic.
    Check your PMs.

Check your PMs.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Same as most of us. Make outlandish claims then never admit when you're wrong. Its entertaining and harmless. Tex is the true master of it though, the rest of us are mere padowans.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Same as most of us. Make outlandish claims then never admit when you're wrong. Its entertaining and harmless. Tex is the true master of it though, the rest of us are mere padowans.
    I tend to be pretty boring in my claims.

Rodgers throwing in warmups today. Worst scenario for Packers would be Rodgers comes back to help Jets win games but doesn't play 65% of snaps. Could be a late 2nd pick.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rodgers throwing in warmups today. Worst scenario for Packers would be Rodgers comes back to help Jets win games but doesn't play 65% of snaps. Could be a late 2nd pick.
    That's a publicity stunt. No way he's back and ready to play an NFL game until late in the season, and by then it might take time to shake the rust off.

Sure, Cam Akers tore his Achilles in July and made it back for Week 18, but he was a much younger man, and his performance left something to be desired.
    I wouldn't doubt Rodgers is using all kinds of crazy drug cocktails invented by some Bulgarian to help him recover faster and make crazy claims on the podcast circuit... but a 40 year old human body can only recover so fast.

He's probably throwing just because he wants to keep the muscle memory of it, and he probably genuinely misses doing it on the field.

Rodgers has never had a PED suspension so I think a first is only 4 games. He should be shooting the HgH with both hands. Come back in week 13. If he gets busted he serves it out during the time he would have missed if he stayed clean.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    That's a publicity stunt. No way he's back and ready to play an NFL game until late in the season, and by then it might take time to shake the rust off.

Sure, Cam Akers tore his Achilles in July and made it back for Week 18, but he was a much younger man, and his performance left something to be desired.
    I wouldn't doubt Rodgers is using all kinds of crazy drug cocktails invented by some Bulgarian to help him recover faster and make crazy claims on the podcast circuit... but a 40 year old human body can only recover so fast.

He's probably throwing just because he wants to keep the muscle memory of it, and he probably genuinely misses doing it on the field.
    Cam Akers probably doesn't have the money to get the good stuff the way guys like Peyton, Kobe, etc do. Anybody think Rodgers isn't doing some crazy shiz here? I have no doubt he is getting every possible sketchy ass intervention. I would too with my legacy on the line. He kinda looks like a chump if he can't come back and do well in NYJ after the way he left.

There is no chance that Rodgers plays later this season. He can live in a hyperbolic chamber for the next 3 months…won’t matter. He’s not at an age where that injury is going to heal in 4 months.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    There is no chance that Rodgers plays later this season. He can live in a hyperbolic chamber for the next 3 months…won’t matter. He’s not at an age where that injury is going to heal in 4 months.
    How, exactly, is Rodgers moving so quickly? Jaramillo points primarily to the "speed bridge" technique used to accelerate recovery, which allows for early weight-bearing. It's a fairly new procedure that few surgeons are trained to perform, he said, and Rodgers' surgeon, Dr. Neil ElAttrache, a close colleague of Jaramillo's, is "quite the pioneer in sports medicine." He notably repaired Tom Brady's torn ACL in 2008, and the former Patriots QB "only got better," appearing in five more Super Bowls before retiring at 45.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

The point is that Akers returned to football in a timeframe that would mean Rodgers could return for the Super Bowl if he came back at the same time. Akers had the same surgeon, but was also 15 years younger.

I’m sure he’ll do plenty of prancing around on the sidelines and in pregame the rest of the year. The diva can’t become a wallflower.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Cam Akers probably doesn't have the money to get the good stuff the way guys like Peyton, Kobe, etc do. Anybody think Rodgers isn't doing some crazy shiz here? I have no doubt he is getting every possible sketchy ass intervention. I would too with my legacy on the line. He kinda looks like a chump if he can't come back and do well in NYJ after the way he left.
    Sketchy ass intervention is probably more likely to increase the time it takes to heal than shorten it. Rodgers probably got something akin to an internal brace ( abstract here), but there is still a big difference between able to move around decently and being healed enough for full contact football.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!