Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

I like AR more everyday

I've been on the fence about Rodgers for a while, more than a lot of other people. I've been sick of him for years, but still couldn't help liking the guy on some level - or at least, finding some really likable things about him. Kinda like some friends many of us had in college, who never seemed to grow up as much as the others and you never knew what stupid thing he was going to do next to irritate people, but you still can't help liking him.

Now I'm done with him. He's completely lost...

NOTE: Removed link because “new” poster doesn’t know better.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Frozen. You can’t be posting straight up political links in the Packers area. You are welcome to in FYI which is where ALL things politics go. While it is mentioned on this thread that Rodgers is potentially running that is where it ends. Going deeper into the subject other than the football side of it is discussing politics and will get you booted for a week the first time around.

Yeah it’s complicated so best to avoid it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    As opposed to worshipping a guy just because he was a great athlete, and give him a free pass on being a total jackhole because he's entitled to some double standard?

I guess character matters more to some people than it does to others.
    A gigantic HELL YEAH to that. We're Packer fans, and both QBs (now maybe all three) gave us a helluva lot of pleasure for a LONG time. I don't give two shits about the alleged crap, true or not, and shame on any ingrate fake Packer fans who do.

That, and the God damned media attributing shit to them, to me that just reinforces what a bunch of assholes the God damned media people are.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Saw an article in the Athletic in which neither writer could really believe Rodgers would really do such a thing; and if he did, they suppose he'd have to miss part of the season - thus the new Jest backup QB.

It's just not going to happen. How can it? Unless RFK thinks Rodgers's playing football on Sundays is as good as campaigning - that it IS his campaigning.

Guess we'll see.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

It'll never happen. It would take RFK's people too long to learn the hand signals.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I'm not certain, but him running might make it difficult or impossible for networks to show games that he plays in. Which would cause a lot of financial headaches for the NFL, or force him to be on a reserve list (or suspended). The Jets might try to reclaim some of the bonus they paid him in that case. So I predict he will just play for the Jets until he gets hurt again.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It'll never happen. It would take RFK's people too long to learn the hand signals.
    Hahahahahahahaha

Tip toeing

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    "Bobby, did he just wave away the last call you made, or did he just fart and he's waving the smell away?"
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Meh. He's a knucklehead and some other's team's problem. It's a distraction for the NYJ they don't need, but it gives Rodgers some of that spotlight he covets. You'd think he has some media competition with Russell Wilson.
    One thing you have to wonder about: if he's considering this, how committed is he really to playing QB? Seems like if you are interested in multiple career paths at once, you aren't really committed to any. For a pro football player that's ... not great.

Ultimately he won't be a VP candidate, and RFK is a kooky truther who won't get enough votes anyway.

It does make for a lot of fun on social media on a slow day, though.

Blog Entries
    I remember when all you fuckers loved Rodgers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Those days are gone, amigo,

Long gone.

A lot of ingrates in here.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Meh. He's a knucklehead and some other's team's problem. It's a distraction for the NYJ they don't need, but it gives Rodgers some of that spotlight he covets. You'd think he has some media competition with Russell Wilson.
    One thing you have to wonder about: if he's considering this, how committed is he really to playing QB? Seems like if you are interested in multiple career paths at once, you aren't really committed to any. For a pro football player that's ... not great.

Ultimately he won't be a VP candidate, and RFK is a kooky truther who won't get enough votes anyway.

It does make for a lot of fun on social media on a slow day, though.
    Ah, you just hit on it. IF Rodgers accepts as the VP candidate, he's two-thirds of the way to "MVP"!

KYPack

Who?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Ah, you just hit on it. IF Rodgers accepts as the VP candidate, he's two-thirds of the way to "MVP"!
    Wow that's the most profound thing I've seen for a while hahahaha. Fritz, you're really doing the math.
    Last edited by texaspackerbacker; 03-15-2024 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Who?
    You were the 2nd or 3rd member of the club I started but took you almost a decade to join.

We all thought you were just being an overly-sensitive/dramatic Mexican.

Turns out you were right all along.

One year ago today.

Clear the runway: Aaron Rodgers is preparing to land in New York as the newest Jet.

Green Bay and New York are finalizing a trade to send the four-time NFL MVP to the Jets, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported on Monday.

The Jets receive Rodgers, the Packers' 2023 first-round pick (No. 15 overall) and a fifth-round pick (No. 170) in exchange for New York's 2023 first-rounder (No. 13), 2023 second-round (No. 42) and sixth-round (No. 207) picks, as well as a conditional 2024 second-round selection that could become a first if Rodgers plays in at least 65 percent of the Jets' snaps this year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen