Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Jets start off with a national game. If Rodgers plays as bad in game 1 as he has the last two years, things might turn ugly in the big apple.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Yep, and the argument about if we were better in 2023 with Rodgers vs. Love becomes pretty evident. You'd be starting Love with more draft capital and cap space.
    I think it's highly likely Rodgers hits the 65% mark, but I also think he's likely to get there pretty banged up. I'd take GB's OL over NYJ's any day.
    Aging players don't get more injury resistant, especially as they approach 40.
    I think it's a strong bet he gets the 65% too. It would be funny if he missed a game or two and was close at the end of the season, and the Jets were out of the race, if they sat him to keep him under 65%. A second rounder is a fairly decent consolation anyway.

I think Rodgers has an excellent year for the Jets, same as he woulda had for the Packers. I don't think he gets pressure by the pass rush more than he did/woulda for the Packers - as I always said and people, of course, disagreed with, the Packer O Line is overrated BECAUSE of Rodgers. I also don't think the turf thing will do him much harm - QBs don't take off and run that much in most cases. They will have a decent record but not make it to the Super Bowl.

I expect Rodgers to finish his career with the Jets in maybe 3-5 years and go into the HOF as a Packer. just as Favre did.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Yep, and the argument about if we were better in 2023 with Rodgers vs. Love becomes pretty evident. You'd be starting Love with more draft capital and cap space.
    I think it's highly likely Rodgers hits the 65% mark, but I also think he's likely to get there pretty banged up. I'd take GB's OL over NYJ's any day.
    Aging players don't get more injury resistant, especially as they approach 40.
    The Packers should trade Bakhtiari to the Jest for next year's second, and as a condition of that trade, automatically bump up the Roders pick to a first rounder with no strings attached.

Then you'd have the Jest first- and second-rounders next year. Cool!

Or, to protect the pick for Rodgers as a likely first-rounder, you could also trade Bakh to the Jets for their 2025 second rounder.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Depending on the season, Bakhtiari's health and the depth behind him I could see a trade at the deadline somewhere. They've kicked so much of his contract down the road that a team that takes him would be on the hook for something like 2 years/ 22M. That's a steal if you are getting even 85% of pre-injury Bakhtiari. Quality LT's are expensive. I don't think Gute will actively shop him unless ol' Dave continues to go on shows like Bussin with the Boys and give interviews like that. With Njiman on a one year deal I don't think they'd give Bakh away, and they want to have a solid OL in JLove's first year starting.

Which means also they'll be looking to see how Rasheed Wallace is developing. If they think he's the answer at LT, they could wait to closer to the trade deadline, hope Bakh stays heatlhy, then ship him somewhere for a relatively high draft pick - could they get a third?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Which means also they'll be looking to see how Rasheed Wallace is developing. If they think he's the answer at LT, they could wait to closer to the trade deadline, hope Bakh stays heatlhy, then ship him somewhere for a relatively high draft pick - could they get a third?
    I thought Rasheed Wallace moved really well for a big, long guy. He has a shot. We haven’t had a 7th round steal in a long time. Don’t remember the last one.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Mark Tauscher?

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Mark Tauscher?
    Tausch and driver

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gnb/draft.htm

Effective 7th round picks

First one goes back to 2011
    Lawrence Guy 2011
    CJ Wilson 2010
    Brad Jones 2009
    Matt Flynn 2008
    Will Whittaker 2005
    Scott Wells 2004
    Mark Tauscher 2000
    Donald Driver 1999

We haven’t had a good one in over 10 years.

Almost 20 years since we’ve had a really good player from the 7th round.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Almost 20 years since we’ve had a really good player from the 7th round.
    Have some hope for Toure and Rasheed Walker, but the odds are against it.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Lawrence Guy definitely would've counted, but he did his best work with other teams.

I'm a Toure fan, so I'm rooting for him. And Walker looks like he's got the tools, so it's a matter of what's upstairs.

KYPack

I don't think he gets pressure by the pass rush more than he did/woulda for the Packers - as I always said and people, of course, disagreed with, the Packer O Line is overrated BECAUSE of Rodgers.
    The Jets tackles are Mekhi Becton, Duane Brown and Billy Turner.
    Becton's 5th year option was declined and Saleh just told him if he wants to be a LT he has to earn it; not a ringing endorsement. He's been hurt a lot also.
    Brown is 38, that's basically a corpse in NFL years
    Turner is 31, better at RT, and coming off injury.

Their G's are ok (Tomlinson, and Vera-Tucker), their C is Connor McGovern, who is middle of the road. Rodgers used to be good against the blitz and pressure but in the last few years he's actually gotten bad at it. His mobility outside the pocket is nowhere was it used to be. Father Time winning and all that. The Jets gave up 10 more sacks than GB, it's hard to tell on some of that because they've had trash at QB. Yes, before you blame the OL, consider the current belief is that sacks are generally the QB's fault.

Go back and watch the beating Mike White took against Buffalo. Rodgers is very tough but a 40 year old body won't bounce back from that like White tried to.

"the current belief is that sacks are generally the QB's fault" - so all those years when Rodgers escaped from the pass rush and did so mostly without throwing picks, that was because of "the great Packer O Line", but the larger number of sacks and picks in the past injury-riddled season, that was on the QB, Rodgers? Uh. a big yeah right to that hahahahaha.

I'm expecting Rodgers to thrive (assuming good health) even at age 40, even with the supposedly mediocre Jets O Line. I expect him to carry the Jets to a lot better season than they've had in recent years, make that recent decades, but I don't expect them to win it all, probably not even their own division. Why? Because similar to the Bears, most of the rest of the team will still suck. I'll say maybe 11 or 12 regular season wins.

If Rodgers (assuming good health) was still the Packer QB, 13 or 14 wins would be the logical expectation because the team other than QB and DC is pretty much loaded. With Love, who knows? I could see anything from 5 or 6 wins to that same 13 or 14 depending on how he plays, My best guess at this point is he doesn't totally suck but he is basically mediocre, and the team wins 8 or 9 games. I reserve the right to change that prediction up or down, though, depending on how Love looks in the preseason.

I don't think you need to improve your grasp on QB play.

Rodgers was sacked 32 times last year. Guess how many times he was sacked in 2010? 31. How about 2021, his most recent MVP season? 30.
    But go on and think he had a larger number of sacks last year.

As for injury-riddled season, what do you expect out of a soon to be 40 year old QB? The thing about football is the more you play the more likely you are to get injured, and the older you get the longer it takes to recover. So a hit Rodgers used to be slow to get up from will now take him out for the game.

Any sack that a QB takes after 2.5 seconds is his fault. That is actually a pretty widely accepted number.

Does anyone think the Jets have a better OL than Green Bay? I don't.
    I doubt they would have signed Billy Turner if they liked the tackles they have.

Well, I'm not the one whining and blaming Rodgers for the bad season last year. I guess I'm guilty of not looking up the stats - just going by all the anti-Rodgers negativity I read in here. One would think he was absolutely horrible based on that.

I suppose Rodgers' poor old aged thumb just gave out due to age, and the same thing couldn't have happened to somebody 5 or 10 or 15 years younger. I don't recall exactly how the thumb got hurt, do you? And all the injuries to the receivers, that of course would never have happened with a younger QB hahahahaha. That old bogey, bad luck, bit Rodgers and the Packers in the ass last year big time.

I don't think the Jets have a better O Line. I also don't think they have a worse O Line. I also don't think it will make enough difference to get Rodgers injured or prevent him from having a good season.

Tex, those are some Texas sized strawman arguments. Nobody claimed younger QBs can't ever get injured. I don't recall anyone saying he was absolutely horrible, and if it happened, it was clearly the exception to the prevailing opinions here.

Claiming older QBs get injured more, that's not the same as claiming younger QBs get injured less? Maybe you should go back and check the gross negativity about Rodgers in general and last season in particular by so many in here.

You said "that of course would never happen with a younger QB," when the point being made was that older QBs tend to get hurt more often. Nobody said younger QBs would never get hurt.

You said people would think people would think Rodgers was horrible, when the most common position is Rodgers simply didn't play to the level of his contract.

Do you even read what you write?