Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Moving on = losing.
    2022 packers record (with rodgers) 8-9 = losing

Blog Entries
    Moving on = losing.
    FRIENDLY REMINDER

That Snarky Little Shitbag Prick was below .500 last year so we already had a losing record.

AND one might argue if he was more of a team player he'd have taken a couple weeks off instead of playing like shit, and come back full strength and we might have went on a playoff run.

But Karen will be Karen.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

8-9 is about the high water mark, the best there is much chance of happening next year and beyond. For those that want to whine about 8-9 and blame Rodgers, I say take the average of the past three years as a more valid standard - 35 and 16 by my count, which averages to about 12-5. We'll be damn lucky if we see that kind of record in the next decade or more.

It's shamefully stupid the whining like ingrates about the GOAT player who gave us such a great run for so long. I, for one, am damn thankful.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

It's possible to appreciate what Rodgers did for the organization and still feel it was time to move on.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It's possible to appreciate what Rodgers did for the organization and still feel it was time to move on.
    This is where I sit. But humans are generally absolutists. He is either a pig fucking Karen, or god himself donning green and gold. There can be no in between.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I'd be all for that except for two things: 1. It's highly probable that "moving on" is gonna result in a lot of years that are significantly worse than the Rodgers years. And 2. Many (most?) of those who want to move on were irrationally against Rodgers well before the actual trade that moved him on.

The GOAT coach said, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing". Say what you want about the syntax or whatever of that, but it's all about prioritizing winning over silly shit, which so many of these whiny "move on" types can't seem to do.

What's possible is to at the same time, wish hard (not that wishing is gonna make it happen) for the Packers to win with Love, and also to think it was thoroughly STUPID and SHAMEFUL to have wanted Rodgers (and winning) gone.

If you, rightly, consider winning the only thing, then all decisions have to be made with the Superbowl in mind. How likely are the Packers, with this roster, likely to win it all. If you are honest, it's not at all likely this year. The receivers are too green. Plus the massive contract they gave Rodgers would limit who they could keep. Meaning they would not win it all next year or the years after that. Moving on from Rodgers likely means fewer wins this year, but a better chance of going all the way by 2025. That is the calculus, based on 'winning is the only thing' that said it was time to move on.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Rodgers wanted to move on more than we did. It takes two to tango, and the dance was over.

I'd be all for that except for two things: 1. It's highly probable that "moving on" is gonna result in a lot of years that are significantly worse than the Rodgers years. And 2. Many (most?) of those who want to move on were irrationally against Rodgers well before the actual trade that moved him on.

The GOAT coach said, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing". Say what you want about the syntax or whatever of that, but it's all about prioritizing winning over silly shit, which so many of these whiny "move on" types can't seem to do.

What's possible is to at the same time, wish hard (not that wishing is gonna make it happen) for the Packers to win with Love, and also to think it was thoroughly STUPID and SHAMEFUL to have wanted Rodgers (and winning) gone.
    Tex, you whine more than anyone. You whine about people that doesn't agree with you and more generally about Rodgers leaving. Rodgers is a Jet. Stop whining about him.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Rodgers wanted to move on more than we did. It takes two to tango, and the dance was over.
    I think he would have stayed as long as he had some control over who else stayed. I think he came to realize he wasn't going to have that control.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I think he would have stayed as long as he had some control over who else stayed. I think he came to realize he wasn't going to have that control.
    Possible. Hard to be sure. He sure wanted certain people back, but would that have been enough?

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    If you, rightly, consider winning the only thing, then all decisions have to be made with the Superbowl in mind. How likely are the Packers, with this roster, likely to win it all. If you are honest, it's not at all likely this year. The receivers are too green. Plus the massive contract they gave Rodgers would limit who they could keep. Meaning they would not win it all next year or the years after that. Moving on from Rodgers likely means fewer wins this year, but a better chance of going all the way by 2025. That is the calculus, based on 'winning is the only thing' that said it was time to move on.
    All depends on your point. I've been happier than probably anybody in here with the huge winning regular season records. Ol' Vince didn't exactly specify winning what hahahaha.

The piss ants in here (sharpe, that means you) whining and posting stupidity, doing their damnedest to get rid of Rodgers often are the same fools posting that anything short of a Super Bowl is shit. Good Luck with that. Maybe we might have a sniff of a Super Bowl in a decade or two. Don't get me wrong, we actually do have a fairly respectable - make that excellent - overall roster. That plus Rodgers woulda put the Packers on a very short list of Super Bowl contenders, But no more. The shitheads got their wish, and now we all pay the price for the foreseeable future.

All depends on your point. I've been happier than probably anybody in here with the huge winning regular season records. Ol' Vince didn't exactly specify winning what hahahaha.

The piss ants in here (sharpe, that means you) whining and posting stupidity, doing their damnedest to get rid of Rodgers often are the same fools posting that anything short of a Super Bowl is shit. Good Luck with that. Maybe we might have a sniff of a Super Bowl in a decade or two. Don't get me wrong, we actually do have a fairly respectable - make that excellent - overall roster. That plus Rodgers woulda put the Packers on a very short list of Super Bowl contenders, But no more. The shitheads got their wish, and now we all pay the price for the foreseeable future.
    I didn't whine and lobby that they should get rid of Rodgers. Just because I challenge your extreme positions and call you out for calling anyone that disagrees with you petty names, doesn't mean you get to make shit up.

Rodgers is gone, and the Packers are doomed. Got it.

Rodgers is a HOFer and one of the greatest to play for Green Bay, and he gave us a lot of great memories.
    It was time to move on. There was too much drama and animosity between him and the front office, and his weird rants and off the field stuff wore thin for a lot of people. (Also, that contract.) It can be both things.

Mostly right, run pMc. It's a "probably" at this point, but probably we in fact are doomed to much worse seasons. And yes, there's no choice now but to move on and hope for the best. The shitheads I have a problem with, though, are the ones who were calling for that "moving on" before the trade actually happened. And all that negative shit you ascribe to Rodgers was for the most part conjured up or at least blown all out of proportion by media pukes and dutifully swallowed by some dumbasses in here.

And I say again, the contract was good, make that glorious, as it woulda/shoulda kept Rodgers in Green Bay for several or more additional years that would have almost certainly been much better than what we are doomed to now.

Blog Entries
    Rodgers no longer bought in. He wanted Gutebag fired two years ago and GB made the mistake of allowing Rodgers to bend them over in the contract instead of just trading him then.

I appreciated what Rodgers did for GB.

But he turned Karen and it was time to let Karen move on
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Well, I have fonder memories of a 10-6 season that ended in a Superbowl victory than the 15-1 season that followed, with the quick exit in the playoffs.

There's talent on this roster, but some critical weaknesses. Three receivers were rookies last year and the others rookies this year. The only two TE's with any talent are rookies. In another year or so this could be a very good group, but right now they iwll likely be inconsistent. Offensive line play wasn't that great last year, with the right side being a particular concern. And of course can this DC take all these first round picks for the defense and produce a decent result? Regardless of who is the QB, this roster is a year or two away.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I agree with this, Joe. I do think Guter caved to Rodgers last year, maybe to keep his job, given that it seems Rodgers or Rodgers's rep called Mark Murphy to let him know Rodgers wanted Guter fired in 2021. But then last season happened, and Guter saw that the team's "run it back" hadn't gone very far, so he wrested control back from Rodgers, or was going to, and when he tried to reach out to Rodgers to let him know, well, Guter had to know that would not go over well. Thus the subsequent the split and the he-said-she-said stuff.

But I disagree with you in your comments about "moving on." Moving on? This whole thread is dedicated to not moving on! We need to speculate all next season about whether Rodgers is really making the Jets better, and if he would've rebounded had he stayed, and who is current girlfriend is, and how many eye-rolls he pulls in a given game, then we'll have to compare that to the average number of eye-rolls in Rodgers's last season in Green Bay. So much not-moving-on to do!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Well, I have fonder memories of a 10-6 season that ended in a Superbowl victory than the 15-1 season that followed, with the quick exit in the playoffs.

There's talent on this roster, but some critical weaknesses. Three receivers were rookies last year and the others rookies this year. The only two TE's with any talent are rookies. In another year or so this could be a very good group, but right now they iwll likely be inconsistent. Offensive line play wasn't that great last year, with the right side being a particular concern. And of course can this DC take all these first round picks for the defense and produce a decent result? Regardless of who is the QB, this roster is a year or two away.
    I disagree with most of that. IMO, other than QB, this roster is loaded up with more talent than pretty much anytime in the past several decades - and obviously those have been pretty good decades. Yeah, our receivers are young, but that position is not one where years of experience makes that much difference. RB we're excellent. The whole D, as Fritz said, is saturated with first rounders (the only D negative ain't part of the roster - Barry). What else? the O Line? I'm on record saying that O Line doesn't make much difference anyway hahahaha. Regardless, though, even the O Line seems to be fairly decent nowadays too. I don't see any real weakness except QB - unless lightning strikes a third time, and Love is super. If Rodgers was still the Packers QB, I (and probably most Packer fans outside of a few loons in this forum) would be extremely confident of a super season.

And as for the 10-6 Super Bowl year versus 15-1 and not, I'm about 50/50 on that. What comes to mind was the depressing series of games before the great run all the way to the SB - a lot of bad feeling, 6 to be exact, versus just two bad feeling days in the 15-1 season. All this "move on" talk in here ...... I'd argue that only having to move on 2 times in a season is better than needing to move on 6 times.

IMO, a team that loaded doesn't miss the playoffs with a HOF, GOAT candidate, QB, injured thumb or not. Far worse QBs made the playoffs.