Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL AARON RODGERS THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Blog Entries
    Rodger also trolling GB a get via I think media sending a msg to our rookie QB asking him how he likes AROD's old locker. And all thise stuff about how this is the most fun playing football he's had in a long long time; what a shitbag.

On the other hand the Flower in drill work last week in a QB/WR Drill say the WR's running the wrong route and came running out yelling at the WR coaches telling them they have to be better. The media dropped their jaws. With Karen gone does the Flower take leadership of his team ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Also thought it was funny how MLF said the team was in better shape conditioning wise this year, wonder if that was a shot at some ex-players who were not taking off season seriously last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    It wouldn't surprise if we were to hear that the Pats leaked the whole "Rodgers interest" just to get the Jets to cough up more draft picks.
    Doubtful. These teams all have "spies" in other teams infrastructure so they have an idea whats going on. Thats why I scoff at theories like "the packers wasted the trade up cuz Van Ness would have been there at 14". Bellicheck wanted Van Ness and Gutes knew it. We, as fans, have a lot of theories that simply are grounded in our own fantasy of what we would be doing in their positions.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Also thought it was funny how MLF said the team was in better shape conditioning wise this year, wonder if that was a shot at some ex-players who were not taking off season seriously last year.
    A shot. A message to future players and young guys about what he expects going forward. Which is more likely. I think LaFleur is human, so I don't discount a shot, but I also think he is a professional and isn't living in the past worrying about trolling Rodgers or past players. Guys who are worrying more about proving they were right in the past usually fail the future. I hope thats not what LaFleur is doing.

think the fella that doesn't think he needs offseason work had anything to do with the jets cancelling mandatory minicamp?

if they held the camp and he didn't show because "he didn't need it", it would have been a media shitstorm in new york

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    think the fella that doesn't think he needs offseason work had anything to do with the jets cancelling mandatory minicamp?

if they held the camp and he didn't show because "he didn't need it", it would have been a media shitstorm in new york
    Possibly. What was the "official" reason? I would think the smoke rolling in from the north would make for a reasonable excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Possibly. What was the "official" reason? I would think the smoke rolling in from the north would make for a reasonable excuse.
    The official reason is that since the Jets have the HOF game, they start camp a week earlier, so the minicamp was not needed.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

The HOF game serves as a good enough reason.

Besides, when you can't be bothered to show up for mandatory minicamp, the "I'm All-In" stuff and 'leadership' can get questioned by others on the team, especially those who are fighting to make the squad.
    Can't have the NY Post posting stories quoting anonymous sources about such things.

“You know, words are so interesting,” Rodgers said according to Pro Football Talk. “They have such power in their spells. There’s a reason it’s called ‘spelling,’ because the way that the letters are put together have such power.”
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    “You know, words are so interesting,” Rodgers said according to Pro Football Talk. “They have such power in their spells. There’s a reason it’s called ‘spelling,’ because the way that the letters are put together have such power.”
    such a shitbag
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I don't think he does a good job of articulating the benefits but there is a lot of recent studies and data and that that suggests he's right about the benefits of psychedellics in therapeutic ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Rodger also trolling GB a get via I think media sending a msg to our rookie QB asking him how he likes AROD's old locker.
    I didn't hear this but honestly it sound like the AROD I used to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Doesn't sound like he was trying to be a douche; sounds like he wanted everyone to know he's the cool guy who can still connect with other, younger players.

The truth is or seems to be that Arod needs to feel pissed off, that ol' chip-on-the-shoulder, that "the world disrespects me" feeling in order to perform at his best. And he didn't have that in Green Bay any more. He'd signed a new contract, became assistant GM.

Now, if the Packers had hired some crackerjack PR firm to conjure up some outside entity that they could convince Rodgers disrepsected and hated and underestimated him, he might still be a Packer and playing at a high level. Maybe. But instead they decided the assistant GM role wasn't working out, so they took that away. Once they did that, all Rodgers had to do was decide that meant they were no longer respecting him and probably didn't want him any more, and ta-da! Chip on his shoulder, though it could only really work if he was traded to another team, if only to confirm his suspicions that he was no longer respected and wanted by Guter and the top brass.

And by the way, they were right, the team: that assistant GM role did not work out. They tried it, tried Rodgers's "run it back" approach with all the vets he wanted, but then there was no chip for Rodgers to use for motivation, and, well, we know how the season turned out. Even before he broke his thumb, if you were watching that team you knew they were a pretty shaky bunch.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    became assistant GM
    A future HOFer shouldn't be anybody's assistant. There's the problem.

I thought Rodger's wisecrack was funny. But he became a pain in the ass the last 3 years, I see very few ppl unhappy about his exit.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Damn a few weeks break and the worst of the worst returns!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Damn a few weeks break and the worst of the worst returns!
    YO

HAPPY 4th !!!!

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Bretsky;1136606]YO

How do we start recruiting hot chicks ? Do we need to find some gals on onlyfans ? lol Is Mazzin still around ? Favrechild was feisty. Guessing she was hot

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Bretsky;1136608]
    YO

How do we start recruiting hot chicks ? Do we need to find some gals on onlyfans ? lol Is Mazzin still around ? Favrechild was feisty. Guessing she was hot
    Man you are so wasted you think it’s 20 years ago! Probably not even because it’s Fourth of July just another Wisconsin Tuesday night.

[QUOTE=MadtownPacker;1136610]
    Man you are so wasted you think it’s 20 years ago! Probably not even because it’s Fourth of July just another Wisconsin Tuesday night.
    Given what seems the average age at Packerrats, this is probably the best we can hope for, as far as women joining Packerrats:

NSF link https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset...le&format=webp
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack