Thread: PFF

PFF

I was listening to this PFF show on YT, and Packer Rats get a mention.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d6_yI-C747U

It’s at just past 52 minutes in.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Haha, cool! We’ve had some don hutson discussion here at packerrats
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I think we made it on PFT once also.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I was listening to this PFF show on YT, and Packer Rats get a mention.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d6_yI-C747U

It’s at just past 52 minutes in.
    Although the context for the mention was basically "I looked up some random shit on the internet." And then they made fun of whoever's post it was that tried to calculate Hutson's 40-time based on his 100-dash time.

So they Patlerized someone from 2006.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I found it!

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...ght=don+hutson

Quote Originally Posted by No Mo Moss View Post
    I was just watching "The History of the Green Bay Packers" DVD, great disc..get it if you don't have it.

Curly Lambeau went down to scout the rose bowl one year. The practices were closed , but he climbed a fench to watch Alabama. This was before scouting was anything really. He may have been the first coach to travel any real distance to scout a player. That's where he first saw Don Hutson. After the Rose Bowl Lambeau timed Hudson in the 100 yard dash as that was the distance at the time.

Lambeau timed Hutson running the 100 yard dash in 9.7 seconds. Incredible! His 40 yard time would have bee 4.0 or lower. Simply incredible. All Hutson did was score the most points for the packers until Longwell finally beat his records last year.

Crazy!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

see, this is why you can't post stupid shit on here

now we all look like jackasses to the entire world because some retard 17 years ago thought in orer to get a 40 time you just take the 100 time and multiply it by .4

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    see, this is why you can't post stupid shit on here

now we all look like jackasses to the entire world because some retard 17 years ago thought in orer to get a 40 time you just take the 100 time and multiply it by .4
    yeah you can't extrapolate it that way, but it's a ballpark approximation. It doesn't make a lot of sense though, since the margin for error is pretty small.
    It's worth pointing out that the US record for the 100 yard is 9.10 currently, the US Record at the 100 meter is 9.69.
    Curly was probably embellishing a number he'd hand timed for the publicity, and who knows if it was with a tailwind or on a flat surface.

It's sufficient to say that Hutson had world-class speed and leave it at that IMO.

With modern training and shoes, he would probably run 4.3-4.4. That speed at 6'1" is plenty good enough to play in the NFL today. He's be happier too, since he wouldn't have to play defense.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Happier? Yeah, until he got caught up in the mindset of today's world/NFL - then he'd be griping that he wasn't getting paid like Tyreek Hill, and he'd threaten to stay out of training camp.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Hutson had like 30 career picks on D. From a player value perspective, no one has come remotely close to Hutson.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Hutson had like 30 career picks on D. From a player value perspective, no one has come remotely close to Hutson.
    I always thought the same, but recently read an article, I think by Cliff Christl, in which a few of the old timers said Clark Hinkle was actually a better player. So I dunno any more, though you can't argue that Hutson wasn't great. He was. But was he the greatest?

KYPack

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Hahahahhahaha, citing this page as fact is awesome
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Tex you’re now part of the media pukes you despise as much as I do.

What makes you say that?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

This site was a source for a media outlet