Thread: Green Bay Hosting 2025 NFL Draft.

Green Bay Hosting 2025 NFL Draft.

Be there.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Not too surprised by this - the NFL is moving the draft to places that will likely not host a Super Bowl soon, if ever.

It will give many of us a chance to complain about who they draft (or didn't draft) in person!

It will be awesome to have the Packers hosting the draft right after winning the Super Bowl.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Well deserved. Should be a fun time for you guys.

maybe its just me, but this doesn't really sound at all like anything i would want to attend in person

I’ll need there—with my daughter. She’s excited to go to this.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    maybe its just me, but this doesn't really sound at all like anything i would want to attend in person
    This. Watching the draft on tv at KC was just thousands of people standing around waiting for someone to make an announcement every ten minutes.

Oh hell yes, this will be insanely fun. We have to do a party.

It will be interesting to see what they do about hotels - it's become a pretty big event. They were saying something like 300000 people attended this year's draft, although I suspect that's over the entire weekend and likely included a lot of multi-day visits and locals.
    Still, for a city of 100000 people that's a big influx of tourists and their dollars.

Wonder how many leave for the weekend and AirBnB or Vrbo their houses lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I’ll need there—with my daughter. She’s excited to go to this.
    My son wants to go too. We’ll be there.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    It will be interesting to see what they do about hotels - it's become a pretty big event. They were saying something like 300000 people attended this year's draft, although I suspect that's over the entire weekend and likely included a lot of multi-day visits and locals.
    Still, for a city of 100000 people that's a big influx of tourists and their dollars.

Wonder how many leave for the weekend and AirBnB or Vrbo their houses lol.
    i still think the whole "not enough rooms" thing is overblown

the green bay metro has a population these days of 320,000 people. appleton metro has another 243,000 people. so the whole idea of green bay just being a little ho-dump area is kind of a myth

there are plenty of hotels and motels in the area. plus i think most people that will be attending will be locals (all of wisconsin and the UP) there for just the day

We had it in Vegas last year and I didn't attend in person. However having it in GB is different. I think I will make every effort to be there.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    I will be here for
    Sure as well
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    We had it in Vegas last year and I didn't attend in person. However having it in GB is different. I think I will make every effort to be there.
    Get yo phat ass to Green Bay so I can stack you at 1-3, fish! No, I suck at poker.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 05-26-2023 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Downloading aphrodisiac vids @ adulttime.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.