Thread: Players of interest breakdown thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unfortunately, it seems that Rasul was not near as good in the slot as he was on the outside. If you're expecting your safety to spend a lot of time at the line, potentially matching up against slot receivers, maybe that's not the best place for Rasul.

If you want your safety deep, over the top, I think you want a rangey guy and fast decision-maker back there. I have the feeling Rasul is the latter, but not so much the former.

So what does that mean for him?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems that Rasul was not near as good in the slot as he was on the outside. If you're expecting your safety to spend a lot of time at the line, potentially matching up against slot receivers, maybe that's not the best place for Rasul.

If you want your safety deep, over the top, I think you want a rangey guy and fast decision-maker back there. I have the feeling Rasul is the latter, but not so much the former.

So what does that mean for him?
    I'd agree that Douglas would be better as a deep safety. So play him there, and put Savage in the slot, and let one of the Moore/Owens/Ford group take the other safety spot. Or something.

It's like the offensive line - you want your five best out there, and if that means one of your five best has to learn a new position, then so be it.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack