Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Official Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They will stick with Myers for now. Other than the bad snap, most people seem to think that Myers played quite well against the Patriots. Did not give up a pressure and the Packers ran the ball effectively when he was in there. But the bad snaps have to stop.

Myers talked about he bad snap.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...r/70653271007/
    You may know how I feel about "other than" statements. Other than handing the Patriots the ball in our RedZone and handicapping our D while giving the first score/lead/momentum to NE he was pretty good.

edit: I will credit you with saying they have to stop though. They absolutely have to stop.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    If you watch where the help gravitates the games he doesn't play will be noticeably different. If you only watch to see if Love gets hit or not, then I agree....you won't notice the actual difference.
    hopefully dont notice a difference.

And Joe, im willing to let it go on that on myers snap, but next time he needs to be benched.
    Aparently the bad snaps came from other centres in a recent practice as well. How hard can it be to coach the snap? These guys went through a college program as centres, how in hte world do they f it up?
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    hopefully dont notice a difference.

And Joe, im willing to let it go on that on myers snap, but next time he needs to be benched.
    Aparently the bad snaps came from other centres in a recent practice as well. How hard can it be to coach the snap? These guys went through a college program as centres, how in hte world do they f it up?

I just figured it out by watching some slow-mo film of the bad snaps this preseason. If you look at Jordan Love's mouth, when he screws up, instead of swearing he says "Oh Snap!" - and they do.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    #Packers practice: ILB De’Vondre Campbell back working. LS Matt Orzech back on the roster and taking part. WRs Romeo Doubs (hamstring) and Dontayvion Wicks (ankle) working out on the side. S Darnell Savage (unknown) not present. TE Ben Sims and S Zayne Anderson are here.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Maybe we traded Savage for a used unwashed jock strap!! That would be a good move.

Maybe we traded Savage for a used unwashed jock strap!! That would be a good move.
    And THEN play who at safety????

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    And THEN play who at safety????
    Pretty much anyone. Although I'm hoping Savage did some soul searching about staying on his assignments in the offseason. I have been an anti savage guy almost since the day we traded up to draft him. Tons of physical skills though. But the NFL scrapheap is littered with 4.4 40's.

Pretty much anyone. Although I'm hoping Savage did some soul searching about staying on his assignments in the offseason. I have been an anti savage guy almost since the day we traded up to draft him. Tons of physical skills though. But the NFL scrapheap is littered with 4.4 40's.
    I think it's pretty clear all at 1265 think DS is the best of what's available.

Actually I've read Packers coaches were impressed with how Savage handled his benching last year. Was reinserted as starter last 2 games and played well. I think he'll have a good year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

That's a level of maturity that a lot of pro football players honestly do not have. If that's true, it's great to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    That's a level of maturity that a lot of pro football players honestly do not have. If that's true, it's great to hear.
    Frankly, it's a level of maturity a lot of people don't have. Not just pro football players.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    I think it's pretty clear all at 1265 think DS is the best of what's available.
    I think its clear that they are invested in him. I also think they really regret picking up the 5th year option. Best of whats available? I'm not so sure that is clearly their thinking. I think we have 3 guys who are all similar and they are most invested in Savage succeeding.

I will be cheering for him to have a good year though. I'm not invested in being right about him. And guys can improve on mental issues, it does happen. Maybe he picked up Rasul's study habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I just figured it out by watching some slow-mo film of the bad snaps this preseason. If you look at Jordan Love's mouth, when he screws up, instead of swearing he says "Oh Snap!" - and they do.
    You're a lip reader?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    You're a lip reader?
    One of my many skills.

Regarding Savage, I think he’ll have a good year simply because it’s a contract year. Not a great year - he’s never quite put it all together - but a good year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Regarding Savage, I think he’ll have a good year simply because it’s a contract year. Not a great year - he’s never quite put it all together - but a good year.
    This is about as good of a guess on Savage 2023 as we’re gonna find. He’s fast. He’s held up fairly well physically. He hasn’t been a complete liability. He’s going to give everything he has in his contract year. The best he has is probably average or above average and now is as good of a time as any to expect that out of him.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I think Savage is a bad fit in Barry's defense. He was a bit of a project as a draft pick and hasn't really progressed to where you'd like to see him. He's still very talented and will make the occasional play, but that's just it - he's inconsistent. There's a chance last year and this being a contract year will light a fire under him, but camp reports haven't indicated he's playing much better.

If we get 'adequate' play out the safeties this year it will be a win. Not trying to be a downer, but I'm not sure any of the safeties on the roster are even average. Next year the safety room will be completely overhauled - only Anthony Johnson Jr. is under contract.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think Savage is a bad fit in Barry's defense. He was a bit of a project as a draft pick and hasn't really progressed to where you'd like to see him. He's still very talented and will make the occasional play, but that's just it - he's inconsistent. There's a chance last year and this being a contract year will light a fire under him, but camp reports haven't indicated he's playing much better.

If we get 'adequate' play out the safeties this year it will be a win. Not trying to be a downer, but I'm not sure any of the safeties on the roster are even average. Next year the safety room will be completely overhauled - only Anthony Johnson Jr. is under contract.
    You know that position will be completely overhauled in the next draft. As will the center position and the running back position.

KYPack

And you can get passable centers and potentially good running backs in the middle rounds.

KYPack

And you can get passable centers and potentially good running backs in the middle rounds.
    Agreed. I'm terrified they reach for some guys with all that capital next year. Just go BPA and let the chips fall. Dominant blockers make wilson look great. You don't need to take RBs early. Our past few centers were really good mid round picks. If there is a next derwin james available I'm all for the pick....but reaching for the next savage because we have a need....

I just read this on online:

"I was impressed with Luke Musgrave in the preseason. If you compare his willingness to pass block and his fight to some of the other teams that faced the Patriots, for example, it stands out. While Musgrave, like all tight ends, is going to have to develop as he faces more complex pass rushes, wanting to get better and displaying basic competency in stressful situations is a great starting point. And having a dual threat blocker, big-bodied receiver in that offense, is a code breaker."

It mirrors my thoughts. If Luke fulfils his potential, this is a scary 2024 team. Of course we need many others to progress as well, but the foundation is laid.