Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Training Camp Thread

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlefun View Post
    After attending camp all of last week here are my takes:
    Love looked shakey. He had some great passes and some that the receivers were not on the same page. I think his year will mirror how Rodgers first year went but that will be told. The defense will still hold hope as long as they are not overworked. Special teams will be great at returning the ball but the newly drafted kicker in camp has been lackluster...
    How’s it going wrestlefan. Your account is now fully activated and everyone can see your posts. Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    How’s it going wrestlefan. Your account is now fully activated and everyone can see your posts. Welcome to the forum.
    Ah, the kicker. I hope we got us a Crosby and not a Conway.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Is it just me, or is the family night coverage terrible. Instead of showing Love in a team red zone period, they spend 5+ minutes on a stupid face swap thing
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

They should really do a scrimmage again. This is such a disservice to the fans.

Myers isn’t even gonna be a starter since he sucks at snapping

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/st...186927617?s=20

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Larry and the Rock said they thought it is going to be Toms as the 5th lineman and either Nijmam at RT or Myers at C depending who plays better between the two.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Is it just me, or is the family night coverage terrible. Instead of showing Love in a team red zone period, they spend 5+ minutes on a stupid face swap thing
    Yes, totally horrible. Trying too hard to make it family friendly. Not enough time focusing on the football for the football fans.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Larry and the Rock said they thought it is going to be Toms as the 5th lineman and either Nijmam at RT or Myers at C depending who plays better between the two.
    I think the only thing keeping Tom from being the #1 Center right now is that with Bakhtiari taking so much time off, Tom is often needed at RT. But the bad snaps can't continue.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Myers isn’t even gonna be a starter since he sucks at snapping

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/st...186927617?s=20
    Yep, the evidence is that it must be Myers because of all the previous fumbled snaps with Rodgers. And we know how Rodgers lets those things slide. /sarc

Honestly, its an issue, but past evidence (4 years of college included) would suggest its a blip on the radar. However my best guess right now is that its Yosh vs. Myers for the 5th OL spot and Yosh might just be winning that battle. Trade of Bak being the wildcard in all that.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Hmm...I should really read ahead before posting.

Yes, totally horrible. Trying too hard to make it family friendly. Not enough time focusing on the football for the football fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    They should really do a scrimmage again. This is such a disservice to the fans.
    Yes, we would appreciate a scrimmage, but sadly we are the minority for what they can fill a stadium with at this point of the season. This is a local community outreach thing and they are killing it to be honest. And past injuries on family night scrimmage all but scuttled that idea so get used to it.

So it seems we have Ricky Vaught at K. If we can just get him some dollar store glasses we might have something there. Man he has a ton of leg.

I am loving the competition between our young WR and our good CBs. This should make both better, and Love as well.

Musgrave just looks smooth for a guy his size.

Wyatt is going to show why he should have been playing more early last year.

Danny Etling released.

Bak missed a 2nd practice in a row. Not a good sign. He was supposed to participate to my knowledge. His health may make a trade impossible, and our OL depth get shallow real quick.

Is there any reason to think he's not completely healthy? I haven't been following closely but I thought he was basically 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Bak missed a 2nd practice in a row. Not a good sign. He was supposed to participate to my knowledge. His health may make a trade impossible, and our OL depth get shallow real quick.
    That contract makes a trade near-impossible. Almost $20 million both this season and next in bonus money that get slammed onto our cap if we part ways. Maybe there's another team with a high dead-money contract that we would both hold our noses as the cap smoke burns.

If we trade Bak, the other team gets him for $1M this season and about $20M if they want him in 2024.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Yes, we would appreciate a scrimmage, but sadly we are the minority for what they can fill a stadium with at this point of the season. This is a local community outreach thing and they are killing it to be honest. And past injuries on family night scrimmage all but scuttled that idea so get used to it.
    Burrow and Ramsey got injured during non-contact drills this summer.

I am all for the NFLPA making work safer for the players. But last I checked, the NFL played tackle futbol. Practice makes perfect, ain’t that what they said? The Packers shouldn’t ban tackling in practice just cos injury-prone Bryan Bulaga tore out his knee in one scrimmage. Tackling in practice turns pussies (cats) into cocks (roosters), as Bear Bryant used to say during his notorious hellfire training camps at Texas AM.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    The Packers shouldn’t ban tackling in practice just cos injury-prone Bryan Bulaga tore out his knee in one scrimmage. Tackling in practice turns pussies (cats) into cocks (roosters), as Bear Bryant used to say during his notorious hellfire training camps at Texas AM.
    Football went downhill when they let the players have water.

If you want to see how tough they were in the good ol days, check out this documentary of my wife's alma mater. In 1899, the Sewanee Tigers won 5 road games (Texas, Texas A&M, Tulane, LSU, and Ole Miss) in 6 days and won the SEC undefeated. Also, it sounds like Hemingway levels of ultramasculine suckage.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

MLF has had live tackling periods in camp at least twice so far, don't think he did that at all last year.
    After last year, they need the practice at tackling.

The NFLPA has strict guidelines on certain practices and timing, which is good to protect the players, but it does feel like it overreaches at times. (Easy for me to say, I'm not in camp.) As much as I think a little 'toughening' would do them some good, I'd hate for them to get to Week 1 feeling beat up or fatigued from a grueling camp. It's a long season and 300 pound people running full speed into each other takes a heavy physical toll.

I think he might not be fully healthy, and probably never will be. MLF said earlier they were working DB's practice schedule from Family Night backwards, and he basically got the week off. That tells me his knee had some kind of reaction to practicing. Maybe it's temporary, but I got the sense that it was the new normal for him to need to baby that knee a little. When he's able to go, he's been good. Wouldn't be shocked if they keep him and Njiman this year, I don't think you can trade either.
    I also wouldn't be surprised if he retired after 2024 ... this knee business will scare teams off and it seems like his knee is going to be a permanent, lifelong issue.