Yet Bretsky says it's "common knowledge" otherwise. I agree, why not take Adams at his own word.

And hell yeah, I hate media pukes for a LOT of reasons - not limited to the Packers, not limited to football, not even limited to sports - I dare not say more on that topic hahahaha. But in this case, all they did was apparently accurately portray what Adams said - no "he said this, but we know better and we think he meant this" which so often happens. It's Bretsky with his "common knowledge" thing doing that here.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was like you say, run pMc, they lowballed him at first or tried to get him at a discount to keep the team together. Then they came through with the offer to meet or beat what the Raiders were offering. If that was the case, Gutekunst was merely playing the game as a GM is supposed to do, and if that pissed off Adams, he, Adams, is the villain and/or should have known better. And it's weird to blame Gutekunst for merely stating what he did for the record. He just ended up making the best of a bad situation. He probably was pretty much in that same situation with the Rodgers mess - once Rodgers made that fateful statement on McAfee.

So here we are, having potentially the best team in the NFL - other than at QB, and if lightning strikes a third time/Vince lobbies God hard enough, and Love turns out to be quality, everything is fine. If not, we put up with mediocrity for at least a few years.