Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
I think it's very clear Rodgers redid his contract to land an OL either now-ish or at the trade deadline. I wouldn't think the Packers would be foolish enough to give away a 32 year old left tackle when I think he could easily play 3-5 more years at a high level, but maybe they will if they're rebuilding. Y'all know my view - if you're gonna suck, go full suck, not half suck, get BJ Raji and CM3 and win a super bowl. You don't get those dudes without going full suck.
Saw an interesting article this morning in which Rodgers said part of the reason he wanted to restructure his contract is because he'd like to see the Jest active at the trade deadline.

However, if the team wants to trade for, say, Davante Adams or David Bakhtieri, and if any trade would require a first- or second-round pick, the Jest will have to come back to Guter and rework the trade conditions to free up such a pick. That could mean the Jest throwin in another fourth rounder or so, according to the article, if it's the first-rounder the Jest want to use.

Interesting.

I also am now wondering if either Rasheed Walker or Caleb Jones is showing enough to the team to give them the confidence that one of them can step in as a backup tackle if Bakh is traded and either Nijman or Tom gets, well, you know.