Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WIDE UNFILTERED.....some interesting info during a boring offseason

Blog Entries

WIDE UNFILTERED.....some interesting info during a boring offseason

So as many of you know, about the most connected person media wise to the Green Bay Packers over the years has been Jason Wilde. He was very close to Devante Adams and Charles Woodson as well as Aaron Rodgers for four years when he did a radio show for him. Anyways, here are a lot of misc tidbits from an interesting Interview where Wilde was put on the spot and Tauscher ran the interview

In regards to old news, Wilde noted how many GB Packers believed they were going to finish their career here.

He documented how Charles Woodsen was really upset at how GB treated him. He really thought TT was going to come back to him and restructure and he would retire a Packers, and when TT cut him he was very very upset. Honestly that was all hid pretty well

Regarding Jordy Nelson, he talked for years about how he wanted to retire a Packer. Wilde keep in touch with both of those players, and said both of those situations were easily avoidable as Jordy would have been happy to take a fair pay cut and restructure.

Regarding Devonte Adams, before 2021 Devante completely intended to retire as a Packer. All of the pay at home crap was just that, crap. But in 2021 when Hopkins got that deal, and GB didn't come close to it.....Devante was really hurt at first, and then pissed. Wilde noted in 2021 Devante Adams chose to "NOT" go the TJ WATT ROUTE....faking an injury, til get got his extension, and then immediately being healthy once Pitt signed him at the end of the preseason

Gutebag lost Devante Adams; after all he gave to GB and then the offer they gave, he felt hurt and disrespcted. Gutey didn't take the steps to fix that relationship, and Devante was good as gone and leaving, simple as that. And as a last second punch in Adams nutsack, GB put it out there that they offered more, knowing they had ZERO change at signing himi. That move, lacked class.

When Rodgers points back to players who were mistreated by GB, Jordy and Woodson always come up. And Wilde went on to say GB kept Donald Driver one year longer than they really wanted to cause he killed in on Dancing with the Stars

Regarding our QB"s, back in 2008 many many players in GB were happy to see Brett Favre go because players thought he didn't give a crap about them anymore. He was disconnected from too many. Rodgers commented many many times he would never be like Favre. But he turned, and was, and some current players felt the same about Karen when he left.

Romeo Dobbs, really happy he has a new QB. He's made some telling comment that included "I learned a lot from Aaron Rodgers, without him ever talking to me". Wilde went to Rodgers with that comment and it was basically dismissed. Others felt the same, but rarely went on record.

Regarding Karen, Wilde considers him incredibly incredibly smart. Off the chart intelligent. But Wilde is disappointed with what AROD became. He had several good friends on GB and felt over the course of time Karen became more focused on always being right, and being smarter, than being a good friend. Aaron Jones, who was (and maybe still is) had his father pass away from COVID. Yet, Rodgers, continues to chat about his political views, and has made some comments that could have been considered inconsiderate given what happend to AJO's father

Regarding Gutebag, biggest mistake is either drafting Love and resiging Rodgers, or just drafting Love. He noted, it was just a bad idea to do both

And 1A of the screw ups, was not treating Devante Adams right and re signing him. Had we just did this, the odds are Rodgers would still be here and GB would have made a playoff run last year, and most likely the same this year.

I may add more,but I found all these to be interesting points, many of which have been discussed. But news has been boring lately...so posting anyways
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Interesting. Points out that the NFL is a business, even in Green Bay. The old adage that it’s better to let a player go a year early than a year late, is just as true here as elsewhere.

What's that old saying about you see somebody else jump off a bridge, are you gonna jump off too? The Hopkins contract was all world stupid. If it's true about Davante being upset that the Packers didn't do something similarly stupid, then there was something wrong with him. I prefer to think the media puke just made it all up, though.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What's that old saying about you see somebody else jump off a bridge, are you gonna jump off too? The Hopkins contract was all world stupid. If it's true about Davante being upset that the Packers didn't do something similarly stupid, then there was something wrong with him.
    Given that Adams put up 5 straight PB seasons, the last 2 being All-Pro, it's understandable he thought GB would give him a sizable contract. However with the Rodgers contract still on the books, giving a massive contract to a 30yo receiver was not going to happen. Good for him for getting paid while he still can, and good for the Packers for getting a good return for him.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I don't quite understand some of the logic. Take Adams, Green Bay was willing to pay him a lot, but he thought he was worth more and getting paid more was more important than staying with the Packers. That's how the free agency works. Getting emotional and feeling disrespected is understandable but this type of situation is unavoidable because you can't keep everyone. Pretty much every single year on every single team, someone is always going to get offered less than they think they deserve, or nothing.

Very few guys who have long careers spend the whole career with the same team. DeAndre Hopkins, who had the contract Davante supposedly wanted, has been released by the Cardinals. Dalvin Cook has been released by the Vikings. The fact that the Packers were able to get 2 high picks for Davante instead of releasing him puts them ahead of most teams.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

A lot of times, a solid winning team gets a bit of a discount from their stars to keep the core together - I'm thinking of the Bucks in the NBA recently where two stars got big fair contracts but probably less than some players not as good got with other teams. Davante (if this story is true at all) apparently was too damn (fill in the blank) to have that mindset. I agree, the Packers made the best of a bad situation and handled this pretty well.

A lot of times, a solid winning team gets a bit of a discount from their stars to keep the core together - I'm thinking of the Bucks in the NBA recently where two stars got big fair contracts but probably less than some players not as good got with other teams. Davante (if this story is true at all) apparently was too damn (fill in the blank) to have that mindset. I agree, the Packers made the best of a bad situation and handled this pretty well.
    Rare in the NFL these days for a player at the top to take a hometown discount, also Adams said being unsure how long Rodgers was going to be there was a factor. Money was the biggest factor, it always is. A big offer can even get god to tell a player to join a team.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Remember that time when Rodgers was all "These guys want me to retire and don't respect our legacy players, so since I'm single and set for three lifetimes, I'm going to play under my current terms so we can bring in the best players at fair-market value"?

Blog Entries
    What's that old saying about you see somebody else jump off a bridge, are you gonna jump off too? The Hopkins contract was all world stupid. If it's true about Davante being upset that the Packers didn't do something similarly stupid, then there was something wrong with him. I prefer to think the media puke just made it all up, though.

Even you, the I hate all media members except Shitbag Karen, who self promotes him and his GD agenda more than any player in the NFL, would like Wilde Tex.

Wilde really is careful with his words and what he says. He normally run the show, stays politically correct and then goes on othe shows and answers Packer questions.

So the great idea was to let Tauscher grill Wilde for two hours with questions.

And when Tausch tried grilling more with the Devante situation Wilde shot back and said I'm not going to answer that because those were private discussions. He makes great effort to "not" be quoted on anything he's chatted about off the books, so to speak. He respects players privacy and is chatting with players all the time, OFF THE RECORD< and he doesn't share that.

He was very close with Adams and Woodson and Rodgers up to about 5 years ago when something changed. He's still on ok terms with Rodgers....just not like it was once with AROD visited his wife at the hospital.

I'll add this to the Hopkins deal and I'm neither bashing or defending Gutebag.

He got something "better" one year later.

As Wilde noted multiple times, losing Jordy, Woody, and Devante were all very preventable....but such is business.

Odds are, had we kept Adams, we'd have had more wins last year, good chance Shitbag would stay with us, and we'd be trading Jordan Love for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

How things can change.

And I do agree about the Bucks. Some of their players take a home town discounts. But many want to play with Giannis, who is considered an NBA superstar and a fabulous human being and leader......very different that what is in GB. And it's a smaller team so it's easier to have great chemistry....which the Bucks have had, and the Packers have not had.

I don't think prime time players give GB a discount.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    If anybody want to search it, you can download the app Wisconsin On Demmand and listed to multiple sports radio shows every day. I think what I referred to was the Wilde and Tauscher from 6/23

The Hopkins contract was all world stupid. So was Cousins' fully guaranteed contract. But you know what? Players and their agents might even agree it's stupid money, but they also see it as setting a precedent and setting the market for future contracts, possibly including their own. To wit: the Lamar Jackson contract drama.

Here's another saying for you: All it takes is one team.

So GB can't keep all its players, so what? Neither can other teams. Jordy was pretty much washed when he left, you could bring him back but he wasn't coming back on a 1.5M contract.
    You think Mason Crosby is tickled about not having a contract? Do you think he's worth what he was paid last year, or what he's probably seeking now?

Bretsky, it sounds like you're saying "media pukes are people too" hahahahaha. A big whatever to that. It's the nature of their sick profession that I hate. If they would just stick to reporting statistics and hard news, that would be one thing, but worming their way like damned parasites into the personnel and staff of the team, that shit is just disgusting.

What you said about the comparison between the Packers and Bucks, I'll give you an alternative take on that: Yeah, Giannis is exactly what you said he is. But I'd argue that Rodgers is or was about that good and honorable and good teammate too - until the God damned media assholes wormed their way in and did their damnedest to stir up trouble. I suppose you'd argue that the shit about Rodgers existed without the media fucking things up. I'd argue that everything about Rodgers for a long time indicated that he was an excellent teammate and loyal team member. Why did they do it to Rodgers and not Giannis? I don't know, maybe because Giannis was foreign, maybe he just made himself immune to the media shit. At this point, the Rodgers situation is old news, over and done with. The way I see it, though, the media shitheads did their damnedest to drive him out of Green Bay and finally succeeded. Fuck all of them and let them rot in hell.

run pMc, plus one to most or all of what you said.

After Woodson's release, one of the J-S writers (Silverstein?) said TT was uncomfortable asking a player of Woodson's stature to take a big pay cut. Paraphrasing here, he wasn't going to ask Woodson to take a similar salary as M.D. Jennings. So releasing Woodson was partly a salary cap move, partly out of respect.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I think a lot of releases are actually done out of respect. Bringing someone like Woodson or Clay Matthews or Jordy back on a cheap contract would be a challenge to their pride, and not sure how it would look to others around the league.
    Driver wanted to retire a Packer and was being phased out of the offense by the time he had that last year. Cobb has lingered for a miraculously long time for a slot WR and wasn't near as durable.

Speaking very generally - unless it's a franchise QB, I'm not sure you should sign a player to a 3rd contract (unless the 2nd and 3rd are short contracts/extensions). By then most are 30 and on the downside of their careers and not likely to produce compared to the contract.

Blog Entries
    Bretsky, it sounds like you're saying "media pukes are people too" hahahahaha. A big whatever to that. It's the nature of their sick profession that I hate. If they would just stick to reporting statistics and hard news, that would be one thing, but worming their way like damned parasites into the personnel and staff of the team, that shit is just disgusting.

What you said about the comparison between the Packers and Bucks, I'll give you an alternative take on that: Yeah, Giannis is exactly what you said he is. But I'd argue that Rodgers is or was about that good and honorable and good teammate too - until the God damned media assholes wormed their way in and did their damnedest to stir up trouble. I suppose you'd argue that the shit about Rodgers existed without the media fucking things up. I'd argue that everything about Rodgers for a long time indicated that he was an excellent teammate and loyal team member. Why did they do it to Rodgers and not Giannis? I don't know, maybe because Giannis was foreign, maybe he just made himself immune to the media shit. At this point, the Rodgers situation is old news, over and done with. The way I see it, though, the media shitheads did their damnedest to drive him out of Green Bay and finally succeeded. Fuck all of them and let them rot in hell.

run pMc, plus one to most or all of what you said.

dammit Tex sometimes I want to just slap some sense into you regarding your ignoramous views of Shitbag. Stop ignoring everything he has and had not done and open your eyes.

Wilde pointed out AROD started as a great teammate. He said he invited every Packer over for a Barbeque to get to know everybody, and establish some relationships, in 2008

First off MEDIA are PEOPLE TOO.

And Don't insult Giannis be comparing the two. He leads by example, getting his body in great shape and working out with teammates all offseason, while AROD......skips the OTA's and sits int he dark for 4 days straight as well as all his other shit.

Everybody respects and wants Giannis to stay in GB. If you open your eyes you know many players, and over 70% of those in WI have had enough of shitbag's antics and don't care he's moved on. That's 70% as opposed to 0% who want Giannis to leave Milwaukee.

And one last thing, SHITBAG, aka KAREN is the biggest GB Media Whore of them all. He promotes his self agenda, and leakds his bullshit views on the world more than any media member I know.

DAMMIT TEX see the light

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur0g-R7ZODY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    After Woodson's release, one of the J-S writers (Silverstein?) said TT was uncomfortable asking a player of Woodson's stature to take a big pay cut. Paraphrasing here, he wasn't going to ask Woodson to take a similar salary as M.D. Jennings. So releasing Woodson was partly a salary cap move, partly out of respect.

Wilde, who was very close to Woody, as he called him noted, Woody knew he would need to restructure, and really thought GB would redo the deal, for a much lower salary with incentives built in, some of which would be very very hard to reach. He loved his time in GB but was really hurt the way it went down

Maybe they could have kept Adams. Probably not, but maybe. It wouldn't have been cheap. Instead they got decent trade value and more cap space. It wasn't a bad move.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Woodson? You mean the true leader and heart & soul of the SB winning squad in 2010.

Davante? That guy you called Fraud and once he left Erron couldn't hit King Kong with a pass. Now you long for his automatic catches.

Then you threat lil Tex with violence! Whup his ass Tex!!!

Did I miss something? Somebody threatened me with violence? hahahahaha