Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: WIDE UNFILTERED.....some interesting info during a boring offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    dammit Tex sometimes I want to just slap some sense into you regarding your ignoramous views of Shitbag. Stop ignoring everything he has and had not done and open your eyes.

Wilde pointed out AROD started as a great teammate. He said he invited every Packer over for a Barbeque to get to know everybody, and establish some relationships, in 2008

First off MEDIA are PEOPLE TOO.

And Don't insult Giannis be comparing the two. He leads by example, getting his body in great shape and working out with teammates all offseason, while AROD......skips the OTA's and sits int he dark for 4 days straight as well as all his other shit.

Everybody respects and wants Giannis to stay in GB. If you open your eyes you know many players, and over 70% of those in WI have had enough of shitbag's antics and don't care he's moved on. That's 70% as opposed to 0% who want Giannis to leave Milwaukee.

And one last thing, SHITBAG, aka KAREN is the biggest GB Media Whore of them all. He promotes his self agenda, and leakds his bullshit views on the world more than any media member I know.

DAMMIT TEX see the light

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur0g-R7ZODY
    Bretsky, (oh, is that the violence Madtown was talking about? I didn't recognize it hahahaha).

You said yourself, this pet media puke of yours even acknowledged that Rodgers was a "great teammate" in 2008 (hey, that rhymes hahahaha). When did that supposedly stop - except in the jaded bullshit minds of media pukes and those who swallow the crap they spew? What did he ever do - proof or evidence - that was negative or harmful to teammates or the team in general? I say nothing or damn near it. Sure, he has done and said some weird shit - the darkness thing, the psychedelics, the series of weird celebrity gfs (or fag-ism if you prefer). That shit tends to be kinda disgusting to me too, but arguably it never harmed the team, and his GOATish peformance for so many years more than makes up for it by a damn-site. Tell me - preferably with evidence - if/how you see that differently.

As for the Giannis comparison, Giannis, God love him and so do I, is every bit the wonderful person and leader by example you say, and by all accounts I've heard, without the weird shit Rodgers has done. I have heard stories about Giannis doing some of that "Assistant GM" thing ya'all talk about too. Arguably, in both cases, him and Rodgers, the team was generally helped by it. As for the lack of weird shit compared to the plethora of it, I'd suggest Giannis maybe isn't quite the intellectual Rodgers is.

I say again, the "shitbag antics" and "self agenda promotion" and "media whoredom" are products of the often anti-Packer and virtually always selfish agendas of the God damned media types. If there's anything to that shit about "70% wanting Rodgers to leave", it's just a consequence of people dumb enough to believe those media shitheads.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Woodson? You mean the true leader and heart & soul of the SB winning squad in 2010.

Davante? That guy you called Fraud and once he left Erron couldn't hit King Kong with a pass. Now you long for his automatic catches.

Then you threat lil Tex with violence! Whup his ass Tex!!!

Yes, Woody gets a TON of credit

Devante.....I gave my Mea Culpa; my horrible call. One of many. AROD missed Devante more than Davante missed AROD

lol; I'm just trying to smack sense into Tex
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Wilde, who was very close to Woody, as he called him noted, Woody knew he would need to restructure, and really thought GB would redo the deal, for a much lower salary with incentives built in, some of which would be very very hard to reach. He loved his time in GB but was really hurt the way it went down
    He may have felt hurt, but it's a business involving fabulously well paid people. Do we hear of teams feeling "hurt" when they draft a guy, develop him for 4-5 years, and then see the player leave for greener (as in dollars) pastures?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, Woody gets a TON of credit

Devante.....I gave my Mea Culpa; my horrible call. One of many. AROD missed Devante more than Davante missed AROD

lol; I'm just trying to smack sense into Tex
    Then you spell his name all fucked up you doush!

I’m not kidding I think Tex will kick your ass. Sorry man but I’m not kidding. He plays tennis so he should have some agility regardless of his age. You on the other hand have just had knee surgery. My pesos would all be bet on him.

Tex, you know how this has to go…

Nah. I get along ok with Bretsky. He's about the only one in here that I have any contact with outside of in here.

I wouldn't be above some dirty fighting like the video, though hahahaha.

We won more games than the Raiders.
    Jordy and Woodson were JAGS after we let them walk and simply would have been guys blocking younger guys from improving.
    Reporters who want future interviews tend to side with players over management.

Just a couple facts for perspective.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Woodson was pretty good with the Raiders after he left, making the pro bowl in his final (age 39) season. But I don't have any real issues with the way the Packers handled things. Better to cut bait a year early than a year late.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Players do not care about the long term interests of the team. The team does. That is the disconnect.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Players do not care about the long term interests of the team. The team does. That is the disconnect.
    Given that players don't have long careers in general, they can't think or care too much about the long term interests of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Given that players don't have long careers in general, they can't think or care too much about the long term interests of the team.
    Which is why I don't begrudge players following the money if they choose to, vs. sticking with a perennial winning team, and known locker room and coaches.
    If a team overpays for a player or keeps a player past their "best by" date, that is IMO questionable decision making at best, and can impact a team's future.

GM has to build a winner for current season and 2-3 years down the road.

How many players have left the team and gone on to have better years? There have been a few, but I bet for every one you can think of there are two that didn't pan out.
    We remember Micah Hyde, but forget about Jake Ryan, Ty Summers, Oren Burks, Chandon Sullivan, or TJ Lang.

Going to back to Wolf, GB has historically done a pretty good job of keeping its players and only letting them go when they age out or the production to price ratio is out of whack.
    There have been a few occasions where the salary cap hindered them (ex. the OL losses in Mike Sherman's last year) but those are less common than many other teams.

Woodson was pretty good with the Raiders after he left, making the pro bowl in his final (age 39) season. But I don't have any real issues with the way the Packers handled things. Better to cut bait a year early than a year late.
    Woodson was not a Pro Bowl player at 39 regardless if he was named to the team. Jordy's last season was 63 739 11.7 3. I believe he probably cracks 1000 with Rodgers, but after one season with the Raiders he was done.

As for Adams, it would have been nice if he hadn't gotten all butt hurt because we were supposed to show more loyalty than he did (Although he signed and was offered REALLY good deals through his career, but dammit, Gutes should have offered it a year earlier....my feelings are hurt.) Yea, he is still studly, but him leaving was HIS choice. He wanted a ton of locked in money with a year left at age 28. I would have made him play out half the season as well to be honest. Look at the numbers for WR after age 30 (which Adams is right now, 31 in December).

I do dynasty football so we really look at age a lot. A quick search turned this up from 2021:

Top 5 WRs age 30+
    AJ Green, 718 yards
    Thielen, 686
    Beasley, 640
    M Jones, 624
    E Sanders, 606

WRs turning 30 next year:
    D Adams
    K Allen
    Lockett
    Hopkins
    Woods
    OBJ
    Landry

Top WR 30+ had 718 yards. D wanted a contract that would have paid him 20M plus (signing bonus locking it in for 3 years) that kicked in at age 29 (and he turned 30 In December). Moreover he wanted it a year before his current deal was up. Those are the deals bad GMs make....like the Raiders. Now there are some exceptions, but for the most part WRs really decline right around 30. Sorry if that means a fan favorite can't get a bunch of money, but in most cases teams are simply better off developing a younger guy who adds ST value.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Top WR 30+ had 718 yards. D wanted a contract that would have paid him 20M plus (signing bonus locking it in for 3 years) that kicked in at age 29 (and he turned 30 In December). Moreover he wanted it a year before his current deal was up. Those are the deals bad GMs make....like the Raiders. Now there are some exceptions, but for the most part WRs really decline right around 30. Sorry if that means a fan favorite can't get a bunch of money, but in most cases teams are simply better off developing a younger guy who adds ST value.
    Yeah, kind of goes with my opinion that except for QBs giving a player a 3rd multi-year contract is playing with salary cap fire.
    Getting picks for Adams vs. keeping him on that contract was a good move by Gute, not having young developed WRs who could step right in vs. having to play rookies was NOT.

I'm not surprised Adams had a good year last year, he'll probably be good this year too but after that I don't know. His elite traits are winning at the line and separation in general, I'm not sure how well that ages...better than pure speed, I'd think.

People get old and different life stages. Let's see how Giannis is at 35+. My guess is he won't be buddy buddy with the 18 year olds anymore.

I think Wilde is basically right that ARod would still be here if they resigned Adams. They screwed the pooch on that one.

Money aside - you don't let special players out the door - period. Adam is a much bigger mistake than say Peppers, Woodson, Nelson, etc because he was ~30 years old or something and an all-pro. The other dudes were quite old - although I probably would have kept both Peppers and Woodson another year or two and moved on from Nelson.

Good discussion here.

Better to cut bait a year early than a year late.
    I disagree that you do this with special players.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    People get old and different life stages. Let's see how Giannis is at 35+. My guess is he won't be buddy buddy with the 18 year olds anymore.

I think Wilde is basically right that ARod would still be here if they resigned Adams. They screwed the pooch on that one.

Money aside - you don't let special players out the door - period. Adam is a much bigger mistake than say Peppers, Woodson, Nelson, etc because he was ~30 years old or something and an all-pro. The other dudes were quite old - although I probably would have kept both Peppers and Woodson another year or two and moved on from Nelson.

Good discussion here.
    Rodgers was showing signs he wanted out before Adams left. Also, you don't have to be buddy buddy with everyone to be a good teammate.

You don't get trade value for crappy players. You face a choice of getting value now but being worse short term or risking having an aging player on a bloated contract and less young talent.

You can make a mistake by trading a player too soon, but you can also be worse off by keeping a player too long, even a special player.

I tend to agree it's better to restock when you can get value than to wait too long.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I disagree that you do this with special players.
    By definition, players kept a year too long are no longer special. But they usually have a contract that pays them for being special. That is something that can hurt a team for several years.

Some have argued Rodgers was kept a year too long and that they could have gotten a fortune from DEN had he been traded instead of Russ. I'm not sure about that; Rodgers is much older and coming off an MVP season with a shiny new extension.
    It doesn't take much to fall from 'special player' status, especially when age happens.

Losing Adams hurt the team last year, but the offense's dependence on Adams was an issue before that (see: most recent home playoff loss to SF). Is it better to have one elite level (top 5) WR and then scrubs, or 2 top 20 WRs? I think the offense was best when they had multiple options... if a defense shuts down one player, another one steps up. Gives you better stability in case of injuries, contract issues, etc., plus they likely don't cost as much against your salary cap. WR salaries have exploded and it makes sense to constantly draft new ones. I don't know if the salaries are going to come back to earth a little bit like RBs have. Not saying they don't deserve to be paid, just think it's difficult to pay top dollar for WR and QB (I'm assuming you have a QB on a high salary).

If you believe the media shit, there wasn't much choice about pulling the plug on Rodgers. If there had been a choice, it would have been bonehead stupid trading him. I'm betting he would have bounced back from the injury and had a great year for the Packers this year and that he will have a big year for the Jets too although not necessarily reflected in the record, as the Jets are way short of the Packers in terms of a supporting cast.

Whether losing Adams was the primary cause is kinda a chicken and egg situation. I tend to think Adams had a hunch or inside knowledge about Rodgers not staying long term and wanted out for that reason more than the other way around.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    If you believe the media shit, there wasn't much choice about pulling the plug on Rodgers. If there had been a choice, it would have been bonehead stupid trading him. I'm betting he would have bounced back from the injury and had a great year for the Packers this year and that he will have a big year for the Jets too although not necessarily reflected in the record, as the Jets are way short of the Packers in terms of a supporting cast.

Whether losing Adams was the primary cause is kinda a chicken and egg situation. I tend to think Adams had a hunch or inside knowledge about Rodgers not staying long term and wanted out for that reason more than the other way around.

If you believe GB wanted Adams to stay it was the motherload of all F'ck ups not to close the deal the year before.

At the end of the season Adams was in the GTFO (get the f'ck out) Mode. He was bitter, hurt, and jaded

And it was COMPLETLY SHITTY of GUTEBAG to leak it to the press that GB offered more than Oakland. Adams was good as gone; that was kinds dirty pool when he should have just shut the F'ck up
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Supposedly the Packers offered him more money than the Raiders, but he chose to leave anyway. WHY do you say it was shitty that Gutekunst let it be known the Packers offered him more? Assuming it's true, that makes Adams the villain, not to mention stupid, so it was damn appropriate to say it - if true.