Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: WIDE UNFILTERED.....some interesting info during a boring offseason

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    The only thing that's guaranteed in the coming response is it won't be Rodgers's fault.
    The jets suck this year, and the ONLY thing we have ruled out is it being Rodgers fault. Where have I been hearing that logic the last couple years?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Payton diss Hackett:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...t/70470187007/

Should add some spice to the Jets-Broncos week 5 matchup.
    I mean....I've said since before we hired him that Hackett was a Hack. The guy has ridden daddy's coattails to a solid career of getting paid for bad results.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I mean....I've said since before we hired him that Hackett was a Hack. The guy has ridden daddy's coattails to a solid career of getting paid for bad results.
    I think with a lot of coaching hires it's about trust and familiarity over competence. Joe Barry is example A. Nepotism runs wild in the NFL. Pressure is on coaches, so they hire people they know.
    Hackett does have his daddy to thank for getting far -- he's not the only one -- but I think OC is his absolute ceiling. He wasn't even calling plays under MLF, and Denver made him a HC. When they hired him, I was a little surprised tbh... I didn't think Hackett was a great hire bc he hadn't really shown much. I thought Stenavich might be a better coach, although OC might be a stretch for him too. Odd to me that guys like Eric Bienemy don't get a HC gig after working under Reid for years but Hackett does.

Rodgers is sucking up his old buddies to the Jest like a Hoover. I am truly surprised that Lewis has not signed with them, and I won't be surprised if Bakh is dealt there - maybe just up the Rodgers pick to a first with no conditions, then send their second rounder to GB for Bakh. If you can change the conditions on Trade A as part of Trade B. Not sure what the rules are there.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I'd hold out for as much as possible for a pick, especially if it were to the Jets. If he's healthy, Bahktiari is a very good tackle. He's probably healthy for 12 games though. The Jets have Duane flipping Brown at OT, that dude is 39.

Because so much of Bahtiari's contract has been redone and kicked down the road, if traded next offseason he'd cost his new team something like $11M. For a high end LT that's a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Rodgers is sucking up his old buddies to the Jest like a Hoover. I am truly surprised that Lewis has not signed with them, and I won't be surprised if Bakh is dealt there - maybe just up the Rodgers pick to a first with no conditions, then send their second rounder to GB for Bakh. If you can change the conditions on Trade A as part of Trade B. Not sure what the rules are there.
    I actually expected that trade to have happened already to be honest. With exactly those conditions. And yes, they can agree to solidify a pick in a previous trade as a condition for an ensuing one.

I think it's very clear Rodgers redid his contract to land an OL either now-ish or at the trade deadline. I wouldn't think the Packers would be foolish enough to give away a 32 year old left tackle when I think he could easily play 3-5 more years at a high level, but maybe they will if they're rebuilding. Y'all know my view - if you're gonna suck, go full suck, not half suck, get BJ Raji and CM3 and win a super bowl. You don't get those dudes without going full suck.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think it's very clear Rodgers redid his contract to land an OL either now-ish or at the trade deadline. I wouldn't think the Packers would be foolish enough to give away a 32 year old left tackle when I think he could easily play 3-5 more years at a high level, but maybe they will if they're rebuilding. Y'all know my view - if you're gonna suck, go full suck, not half suck, get BJ Raji and CM3 and win a super bowl. You don't get those dudes without going full suck.
    Saw an interesting article this morning in which Rodgers said part of the reason he wanted to restructure his contract is because he'd like to see the Jest active at the trade deadline.

However, if the team wants to trade for, say, Davante Adams or David Bakhtieri, and if any trade would require a first- or second-round pick, the Jest will have to come back to Guter and rework the trade conditions to free up such a pick. That could mean the Jest throwin in another fourth rounder or so, according to the article, if it's the first-rounder the Jest want to use.

Interesting.

I also am now wondering if either Rasheed Walker or Caleb Jones is showing enough to the team to give them the confidence that one of them can step in as a backup tackle if Bakh is traded and either Nijman or Tom gets, well, you know.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack