View Poll Results: Will our 23/24 Win Loss Record be BETTER, WORSE, or the SAME ?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • OUR RECORD WILL BE BETTER than LAST YEAR"S 8-9 RECORD

14 58.33%
  • OUR RECORD WILL BE WORSE than LAST YEAR'S 8-9 RECORD

6 25.00%
  • OUR RECORD WILL BE THE SAME...8-9 HERE we go AGAIN

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BETTER, OR WORSE THAN LAST YEAR< WHICH WAY DOES OUR RECORD GO ??

Blog Entries

BETTER, OR WORSE THAN LAST YEAR< WHICH WAY DOES OUR RECORD GO ??

Thoughts ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Flip a coin. I have no idea, but would rather stay positive!

Better, but not by much. 9-8
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Let’s see.
    1. Inexperienced 1st year starting QB replacing a HOF QB.
    2. Most experienced WRs are 2nd year guys.
    3. Starting TEs are rookies.
    4. How will we stop the run….at all?
    5. Very weak starting safeties
    6. Where is the pass rush coming from for the first part of the year?

On the other hand
    1. Softer schedule than last year
    2. Good veteran OL
    3. Very good RBs

Inexperience wins out. I vote worse record than last year with improvement as the season goes giving us hope for the next year.

Love is replacing a HOF QB, but not a guy who had a HOF-type year.

Talented rookie WR's from last year aren't rookies anymore.

Run defense improved considerably last year once Wyatt replaced Lowry in the lineup.

Pass rush will be bolstered by Van Ness, and by having Wyatt in the lineup.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Yeah, tough to guess. (good job Bretsky trying to breathe some life into the forum.)

The Packers would be an absolutely loaded team for the reason Joe said and more (The counter to that argument is spelled B-a-r-r-y.) - with Rodgers playing up to Rodgers' standard. I'm thinking Love's best will be about equal with Rodgers' injury-riddled worst last year.

All in all, I'll go with 8-9 - the same, or maybe slightly better. This goes against my natural optimism, though. I HOPE and on some level even think Love will be surprisingly good - he has so many tools to work with, and the Packers will end up way better. I just can't predict it, though.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

10-7.
    Easily.

I took the over, because I think they go 9-8 or 10-7. There's a ton of young talent on this team that should start coming into their own towards the end of the season. If they can avoid the game 1 shit-fest, the easy schedule should give them a decent chance of a good record. The keys will be the young receivers and TE's picking things up, at least what they need to know to be useful this year, and Love being able to handle different pressures and disguised coverages. This is the year they grow, and the next two will be when they shine.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 07-11-2023 at 12:37 AM.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    0-17. Tank for the golden (white) boi, Archibald Manning.

Dunno ‘bout ole Tex, but I like my food spicy, my beer cold, my women hot, my corners dark and my QBs pale. Make QB1 white again, yo!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Yeah, I don't see this team winning 8 games this year. However, if they DO, I'll be very pleasantly surprised and looking forward to the future as Bahk's and Rodgers' contracts will be off the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Love is replacing a HOF QB, but not a guy who had a HOF-type year.

Talented rookie WR's from last year aren't rookies anymore.

Run defense improved considerably last year once Wyatt replaced Lowry in the lineup.

Pass rush will be bolstered by Van Ness, and by having Wyatt in the lineup.
    Agree with this, although I'm less sold on the run defense. I don't think the NFCN and NFC in general is very stacked, and their schedule isn't brutal. No crazy travel swings,
    Run game and OL are solid. MLF just needs Love to be a solid game manager. Is their RZ offense improved?

LVN, Preston, and JJ Enagbare can probably generate some pass rush, but can the defense tackle better?

Will be an interesting year simply because I don't know what this team will do, but I'd put them around 7-9 wins, APRH.

I think we get at least 9 wins and am hoping for some breaks and it pushes to 10 and a wildcard berth

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

Dunno ‘bout ole Tex, but I like my food spicy, my beer cold, my women hot, my corners dark and my QBs pale. Make QB1 white again, yo!
    APB, I disagree on most of that. I hate the taste of beer. I hate spicy food. I do like my women hot (and young hahahaha). Corners dark? I suppose, although I don't think that's a hundred percent thing.

As for QB, I'd dearly love for Love to suddenly show run ability like Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick or Randall Cunningham, maybe even Justin Fields, but I strongly doubt that's out of the blue gonna happen. In this day and age, I'd take one of those (well maybe not Fields) over the best Love has shown so far as well as over most of the other "good" QBs around the league.

I failed to take the fairly weak schedule into consideration when I voted 8-9. Probably it will be better, and I wouldn't be too surprised if Love surprises, and the record is really good. After all, other than QB, I say again, the team is down right LOADED - and better than last year with the young TEs and a year of experience with the WRs. Of course, there's still Barry ........
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    jeez, he's 18 years old, groomer

I have no idea how this season will play out. What I do hope is that, irregardless of record, that the team is playing better the last 7 games then the first 10 games.

I'm more excited than I have been in many years for the upcoming Packer season. I really got tired of "Super Bowl or bust!" expectations the past ... forever years. Having Rodgers was a BFD, and it was fun to regularly humble the Bears. But it is just as much fun to live on great hopes. I liked the 80s when greatness seemed just around the corner. Maybe Love is a caterpiller about to become... something.

anyway, so much uncertainty, everything between 6-11 and 10-7 seems equally likely. So 8-9

The 80's was a decade where hope for the Packers was continually dashed, smashed and chopped up into little bits, usually within the first month of the season. May that never return.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 07-12-2023 at 11:11 AM.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Jordan Love throws for 3850 yards, 28+ TDs

Jayden Reed is our leading WR and just misses 1k yards out the gate

Quay Walker explodes into a superstar this year