View Poll Results: Will our 23/24 Win Loss Record be BETTER, WORSE, or the SAME ?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • OUR RECORD WILL BE BETTER than LAST YEAR"S 8-9 RECORD

14 58.33%
  • OUR RECORD WILL BE WORSE than LAST YEAR'S 8-9 RECORD

6 25.00%
  • OUR RECORD WILL BE THE SAME...8-9 HERE we go AGAIN

4 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BETTER, OR WORSE THAN LAST YEAR< WHICH WAY DOES OUR RECORD GO ??

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    Jordan Love throws for 3850 yards, 28+ TDs
    Jayden Reed is our leading WR and just misses 1k yards out the gate
    Quay Walker explodes into a superstar this year
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

A pretty even split between the over and under- to be expected, I guess.

Harlan, I can't say I'm looking forward to this season more than the past dozen or so. "Super Bowl or bust"? Super Bowl be damned, but I would never get tired of 13 or 14 wins a season.

JK, of those three predictions, Q. Walker having a breakout season is the most likely. Love could get to or near those numbers, but the big question would be how many interceptions along the way?

I really doubt Reed does that well or even gets the opportunity. I'm thinking Watson will be an all out superstar if Love is even borderline decent. If Doubs stays healthy, he also should be a quality #2 WR. I'm expecting more from Toure than from Reed as well as a lot of targeting of the TEs.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Harlan, I can't say I'm looking forward to this season more than the past dozen or so. "Super Bowl or bust"? Super Bowl be damned, but I would never get tired of 13 or 14 wins a season.
    The packers have the 3rd most wins of all NFL teams since 2000. Yet whenever the team loses in the playoffs there are cries to fire the coaches and Red starts drinking heavily again. Ya, 13 win teams are generally more entertaining. But an average team that seems on the rise keeps fans just as happy and interested. Lower expectations makes ppl a bit more chill.

Okay been drinkin more cool aide today.....

Last one, Jaire Alexander with 5 int and is the DPOY

Okay been drinkin more cool aide today.....

Last one, Jaire Alexander with 5 int and is the DPOY
    Won't he have to share it with Quay Walker?

In 2022 we had lots of key injuries, a few allpro level players coming back from bad injuries and a hof qb who if not for history would have been benched.

We had a good draft in 2022 who have experience and restocked our biggest weakness.

I will be shocked if we don't get double digit wins.

I really think 11 or 12 wins are likely
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Blog Entries
    I think our record will be worse

On the bright side, shitbag is gone and I can go into this year cheering for a good human being at QB who is more concerned with team than his own agenda. And we have a QB at OTA's

Now here is my darkside

1. We still have Joe Barry, and we have a coach who doesn't have the knowledge, or balls to let his friend go for much better candidates
    2. While he's going to be fun to watch, shitbag had his struggles in year one and I think he had better WR's around him and more talent. I think Love is really going to be up and down.
    3. I'm concerned with our #2 QBI slot as well as the safety position
    4. I'm concerned Watson is a frickin speed demon who doesn't run that great of routes yet. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sold on him as a star.
    5. Not have a vet receiver is kind of scary and if Aaron Jones goes down for a while I think we're SOL

I see this team winning either 6 or 7 games this year
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Won't he have to share it with Quay Walker?
    No Quay arrives as a true stud but Jaire becomes a true #1 corner in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I think our record will be worse

On the bright side, shitbag is gone and I can go into this year cheering for a good human being at QB who is more concerned with team than his own agenda. And we have a QB at OTA's

Now here is my darkside

1. We still have Joe Barry, and we have a coach who doesn't have the knowledge, or balls to let his friend go for much better candidates
    2. While he's going to be fun to watch, shitbag had his struggles in year one and I think he had better WR's around him and more talent. I think Love is really going to be up and down.
    3. I'm concerned with our #2 QBI slot as well as the safety position
    4. I'm concerned Watson is a frickin speed demon who doesn't run that great of routes yet. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sold on him as a star.
    5. Not have a vet receiver is kind of scary and if Aaron Jones goes down for a while I think we're SOL

I see this team winning either 6 or 7 games this year
    Aaron Rodgers, Grayson Allen, who else do you irrationally hate? hahahaha

1. No argument about Barry sucking, at least by result.
    2. I'd argue that Love has an extremely good group of receivers. I honestly don't remember who Rodgers had his first season as a starter, but I doubt it was better.
    3. I have a very good feeling about Clifford. I wouldn't rule out the idea of him eventually being the #1 and a very successful one.
    4. As I have said, I see Watson as a superstar probably sooner than later.
    5. Vet receiver - taking up a roster spot, probably getting paid too much, and not as good as our young guys. Receiver is one position where talent outweighs experience. Yeah, bad if Jones goes down. I don't have much confidence in Dillon. I think Goodson could maybe step in and be damn good.

About Jaire, 5 picks isn't very much. On the other hand, if he plays up to his potential, teams may not want to challenge him. I'm hoping for a strong comeback by Stokes too. If Barry just doesn't find a way to fuck it up, we should have an absolutely loaded defense, even with a questionmark at Safety. Rudy Ford proved to be more than decent, and I have good feeling about Simone Biles' husband too.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    2. I'd argue that Love has an extremely good group of receivers. I honestly don't remember who Rodgers had his first season as a starter, but I doubt it was better.
    All Rodgers had was Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones and a rookie named Jordy Nelson.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    All Rodgers had was Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones and a rookie named Jordy Nelson.
    Horrible group. Could hardly catch the ball between them.😂
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Barry is a concern running this defense. There are still mismatches between talent-fit and scheme. Barry is going to be on the hot seat, but the players also know they underperformed. You can't fire all the players though.

Love has a talented group of receivers, Rodgers started with a better group of receivers. Love will have good games and bad games this year, but honestly few think they will win the NFCN so it's a good year to find out what they have. There's a lot of young talent on the team, if it pans out and grows together they could be a really strong contender in a year or two.

Sean Clifford could turn out to be a decent backup, but he's a way from even being Matt Flynn. Maybe he eventually turns into a Taylor Heinicke given his athleticism, but I don't think the ceiling is especially high for him, and I don't think you want him as more than an emergency starter to get you thru a game or three. Been a while since I've watched Brett Hundley, so I'm not sure he's better than him.
    I don't think they are going to bring in a vet at QB or WR, they will ride or die with Love and the young guys. The salary cap is one reason, just getting these guys experience and seeing what they have is another. If they bring in Joe Flacco to be the backup, it tells you what they think of Clifford, but I think the reports on Clifford out of OTAs were that he looked like the likely #2. Too many young players at WR, drafted ones no less, you want to see them develop and make a decision before bringing in Jarvis Landry -- unless you have a rash of injuries. Landry isn't going to move the needle that much anyway. Gute's drafted all these players, gotta give them a chance to show if they're worth it.

Safety is a concern but Barry's defense for safeties is basically play Cover 2 or 3 and run up to make a sure tackle. OK, that's a gross oversimplification, but if they can make sure tackles they will probably be good enough to not be a glaring weakness against most teams. they can certainly get better there...via next year's draft.

Aaron Jones was the offensive MVP of the team last year, he likely is again this year (Love, Watson, or Doubs could maybe threaten that) and if he gets hurt they will have trouble ... but they have other players who can do most of what he does.

I will be curious to hear more about how the kicker is doing. Lots of close games can be won or lost that way... likely moreso than bringing in a expensive, washed up player for depth because you're too scared to play a rookie with upside.

That is impressive. Just the same, I'm expecting Christian Watson to be FAR BETTER than any of those individually and maybe Doubs to rise to the level of each of those too. Add to that these rookie TEs, Musgrave especially, as well as adeqacy at least from Toure and Reed, and yeah, what we have might be as good.

And that's not even mentioning the "Rodgers Effect" - all of those past stars being made better, maybe much better by Rodgers. So yes, I'm doubling down hahahaha.

Overall, good analysis, runpMc - too much agreement to comment further.

That is impressive. Just the same, I'm expecting Christian Watson to be FAR BETTER than any of those individually and maybe Doubs to rise to the level of each of those too. Add to that these rookie TEs, Musgrave especially, as well as adeqacy at least from Toure and Reed, and yeah, what we have might be as good.
    I think it's about the known production and experience. Driver was in year 10 in 2008 and already had 5 1000 yard seasons. Jennings was entering his 3rd year and had 900+ yards the year before. James Jones was entering his second season with production that approximated Doubs rookie season. Watson has a higher ceiling than Driver, Jennings and Jones but he hasn't done it yet. He could (knock on wood he doesn't) bust, he could get hurt, or just never reach anywhere that ceiling. (Personally I think he has a bright future and threatens 1000 yards this season.)

To say the current WR group, in this current season is better than what Rodgers had is just barking mad. In three years it might be a very different story however.

Re: Rodgers effect - LOL. An elite QB can lift a team but it's more nuanced than you make it out to be. The counterargument to your Rodgers effect is the fact that he had talent last year and yet we've seen lack of experience used as an excuse for his and the team's performance. So Rodgers was so good he could make Driver/Jennings/Jones look great, but not Watson/Doubs/Lazard last season? Before you say it - Favre played with broken thumbs and bad ankles in multiple seasons. Maybe that Rodgers effect has an expiration date around age 38 LOL

Blog Entries
    yup; big time WR"s there
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I'd like to note I was an IDIOT on my analysis.

I MEANT to say I have concerns over our #2 CB................not QB.............who cares who are backup QB is. If Love gets hurt we are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think it's about the known production and experience. Driver was in year 10 in 2008 and already had 5 1000 yard seasons. Jennings was entering his 3rd year and had 900+ yards the year before. James Jones was entering his second season with production that approximated Doubs rookie season. Watson has a higher ceiling than Driver, Jennings and Jones but he hasn't done it yet. He could (knock on wood he doesn't) bust, he could get hurt, or just never reach anywhere that ceiling. (Personally I think he has a bright future and threatens 1000 yards this season.)

To say the current WR group, in this current season is better than what Rodgers had is just barking mad. In three years it might be a very different story however.

Re: Rodgers effect - LOL. An elite QB can lift a team but it's more nuanced than you make it out to be. The counterargument to your Rodgers effect is the fact that he had talent last year and yet we've seen lack of experience used as an excuse for his and the team's performance. So Rodgers was so good he could make Driver/Jennings/Jones look great, but not Watson/Doubs/Lazard last season? Before you say it - Favre played with broken thumbs and bad ankles in multiple seasons. Maybe that Rodgers effect has an expiration date around age 38 LOL
    Is it just next year we are talking about? Or the next 3 or 5 or 10 or 15? - as long as Love is QB1.

Driver has always been one of my favorites. I was praising him when he was basically a nothing WR. After ten years, though, he was fading a little bit, I think. I never had the high opinion others have about Jenning or J. Jones - good, of course, but not as special as many think. And Jordy, as I recall, took a few years to get great.

Rodgers Effect? Last year, maybe you noticed, was an exception to his great career. And even then, he (and in fairness, Love too) showcased Watson as a future superstar. Doubs too arguably benefited from playing with the GOAT. And of course, both were also injured large chunks of the season, which was a factor. You mentioned Lazard. He signed for likely more money than he could have ever dreamed of largely due to playing with Rodgers. And yeah, Favre did what literally nobody, even Rodgers could have done in terms of playing hurt - although the last Packer game I attended in person, 12 came back from what looked like an impossible injury to engineer a comeback for the ages against some sucky team that he owns.

My point is that Love has everything going for him to be star quality too in terms of receivers. Does he have the ability? Time will tell. I wouldn't bet against him, but I wouldn't bet on him either.

And Bretsky, so you meant #2 CB, not #2 QB? hahahahahahaha if you say so. In either case, I'd argue we're good. Stokes, like Watson, was one of those first rounders they took who was exactly what I wanted them to take. I'd disagree with you that if Love got hurt, we'd be screwed. We might be screwed either way hahahaha, but considering the loadedness of the team's overall talent, I wouldn't bet against Clifford handling the QB job as good as Love, probability-wise.

Absolutely no clue. I will say that last year was like a kick in the balls, yet if we get within a game or two of last years record this year, I’ll be on cloud nine

I do not think that gutsy has built a very good team. And the talent we do have is very young
    A rod for many years managed to cover that up, but like others have said, he didn’t play to that level last year, and as a team we looked bad.

We also have a defensive coach that complete messy horse shit and has no business still having the title he carries, he has failed everywhere he has been

I have no clue what kind of offense we have because Rodgers ran his system, not the coaches. I know we have one really good running back, and one pretty damn good one

We could win 1 game next year or 10, I really have no clue

I am excited to see what we can do though, and like I said, if we can win 7 or 8 games, I’d call that a success and a really good first step

If Watson is the stud he flashed last year, Doubs improves and a couple other receivers / TE's prove to be good, we won't need Love to be otherworldly. Especially if the scheme works in his favor. When Hundley was otherwise looking terrible, Adams was still putting up decent numbers because he could get open enough for Hundley to make the throw. And he put up decent numbers last year with Carr throwing. Likewise look at what Purdy did last year in SF. A good scheme can make QB's look good. So this year I see the Packers at 9-10 wins and next year 13+.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

5-11.