Thread: Official Preseason Week 2 Packers vs Patriots Meaningless Game Day Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They refund the fans after cancelling the game for no real reason despite charging full regular season prices and forcing season ticket holders to buy them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    They refund the fans after cancelling the game for no real reason despite charging full regular season prices and forcing season ticket holders to buy them?
    they should

even $100 is too fucking much when the starters are only play a half

then you call the game when its on 3/4 done. nope, and thats bullshit. some people traveled to that game, and for some it might be their only packer game ever

if a guy dies, fine. but the nfl can't be doing this because of bad injuries imo

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    they should

even $100 is too fucking much when the starters are only play a half

then you call the game when its on 3/4 done. nope, and thats bullshit. some people traveled to that game, and for some it might be their only packer game ever

if a guy dies, fine. but the nfl can't be doing this because of bad injuries imo
    When they cut the Bills/Bengals game off I said they had changed a historical precedent. Players now feel entitled to take the night off when a player is injured. I get it, preseason blah blah. But if they don't reverse the trend we are going to see 10 games a season called early. That will be a nightmare for playoff implications, TV contracts etc. They need to send word down right now that this isn't going to become a trend,
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    When they cut the Bills/Bengals game off I said they had changed a historical precedent. Players now feel entitled to take the night off when a player is injured. I get it, preseason blah blah. But if they don't reverse the trend we are going to see 10 games a season called early. That will be a nightmare for playoff implications, TV contracts etc. They need to send word down right now that this isn't going to become a trend,
    I worry about the precedent too. Because they are understandably so cautious any time a player appears immobilized, this could happen a lot.

I think Hamlin was a special case because his heart had actually stopped, and although restarted, there could be no certainty he was going to survive.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    It was the coaches who decided to cut the meaningless game short. Why the fuck would bubble players like 82, “the White WR,” CB27, “Patrick Taylor,” the Black Punter of the New England Traitors and the such want a shortened game? They’re missing out on precious reps. Hell, we didn’t even get to see Patrick Taylor on D cos everyone’s darling, Valentine, was hogging up reps and getting beat by a 7th round WR, all at LaFleur’s urging.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.