Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Preseason Week 2 Packers vs Patriots Meaningless Game Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    That looked pretty bad. He never moved.
    According to the Pats, he has feeling in all of his extremities, so that's good news.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    On the botched snap MLF said Myers supposed to snap the ball if a DL jumps offside. Said a DL flinched, but did not jump offside.
    In the spirit of making everything Aaron Rodgers’s fault now that he’s gone, I think Myers is suffering from PTSD after receiving Rodgers’s wrath and eyeball-rolling so often.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Watching some highlights and the biggest concern I have is the under throw to doubs. Doubs did great slowing down, had a little push off and got his feet in. Great job him. Love seems to routinely under/over throw anything past 20 yards. I'm getting concerned a bit. Keep hearing the same thing in practice from the podcasts I listen to.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Arm thing or mental thing? If it's mental, it should be fairly easily cureable, and it may even be a good thing - he's overthinking things/adjusting rather than just throwing to the spot. If it's an inaccurate arm, though, it probably ain't going away.

I won't get to see the game until 3pm today when NFL Network airs it. Maybe more will be obvious after that.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Arm thing or mental thing? If it's mental, it should be fairly easily cureable, and it may even be a good thing - he's overthinking things/adjusting rather than just throwing to the spot. If it's an inaccurate arm, though, it probably ain't going away.

I won't get to see the game until 3pm today when NFL Network airs it. Maybe more will be obvious after that.
    He has the arm. It's more a repetitions thing. Practice speed is different than game speed, so his throws aren't completely dialed in yet. Receivers almost always have to adjust a bit, and he isn't missing by a mile, so at the moment, I'm not too worried.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

MLF has been telling Love to put more air under the ball on his deeper throws. I suspect that would make some balls look like underthrows. Considering the ball was a good 50 yards in the air I think it was pretty good. Love doesn't have Rodgers' accuracy, but I don't think it was a bad throw either. Agree Love could have put it a slight but further in from of Doubs, who also could have run a better route -- he drifted a bit too much to the sideline and there was a lot of contact.

My biggest concerns are Love's accuracy, and any potential lapses in judgement. He has been careful with the ball and overall made good reads and does a nice job working his progressions and using his eye to look off defenders. I'm hoping he can continue to get better with the accuracy, although there are limits to how much a player can improve there.

Drops by the receivers are a concern -- it feels like a lot of Love's throws incompletions are either inaccurate throws or right on the money but dropped.

AR made at least 3 underthrows per game not to mention throw aways. Not to say Love is anything close to our previous hall of famer, but a few bad throws in a preseason game are meaningless.

They refund the fans after cancelling the game for no real reason despite charging full regular season prices and forcing season ticket holders to buy them?

I have a friend that works for American Express, and AmEx will approve a chargeback for *any* purchase made at that game.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I have a friend that works for American Express, and AmEx will approve a chargeback for *any* purchase made at that game.
    Yea, that makes sense. I understand if they want to call it off but charging full price for a meaningless game then calling it early is a bit much.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Yea, that makes sense. I understand if they want to call it off but charging full price for a meaningless game then calling it early is a bit much.
    Packers switched the pricing structure 5 years ago. Preseason games are about $100 and regular season $170. At least something like that, I don’t have the exact numbers for this year in front of me.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Packers switched the pricing structure 5 years ago. Preseason games are about $100 and regular season $170. At least something like that, I don’t have the exact numbers for this year in front of me.

That's good. Many teams force season ticket holders to buy preseason games at full price.

Andy Herman
    @AndyHermanNFL

My #Packers preseason Week 2 grades for the offense:

Top 3: Rasheed Walker +0.90 Jordan Love +0.75 Malik Heath +0.65

Bottom 3: Josh Myers -1.20 Samori Toure -0.55 Kadeem Telfort -0.35

All Grades:

Love +0.75 Clifford +0.60

Wilson +0.40 Dillon +0.20 Taylor +0.10 Jones +0.00

Pearson -0.05 Deguara -0.30

Heath +0.65 Doubs +0.45 DuBose +0.15 Chrest +0.10 Watts +0.05 Reed +0.00 Bonds +0.00 Watson -0.10 Wicks -0.15 Toure -0.55

Musgrave +0.15 Allen -0.05 Kraft -0.20

Walker +0.90 Rhyan +0.50 Runyan +0.30 Schneider +0.10 Nijman +0.00 Newman -0.05 Tom -0.10 Hanson -0.20 Jenkins -0.30 Telfort -0.35 Myers -1.20
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Love doesn't look terrible, which surprised me. I hoped I was wrong and I might be and would be happy.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Love doesn't look terrible, which surprised me. I hoped I was wrong and I might be and would be happy.
    Love could be a poor man’s Mahome, and you’d still hate Love.

Go root for the NHL, punk.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Love could be a poor man’s Mahome, and you’d still hate Love.

Go root for the NHL, punk.
    Settle down fake burger flipper, you shouldn't watch the Captialist NFL anyway.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    They refund the fans after cancelling the game for no real reason despite charging full regular season prices and forcing season ticket holders to buy them?
    they should

even $100 is too fucking much when the starters are only play a half

then you call the game when its on 3/4 done. nope, and thats bullshit. some people traveled to that game, and for some it might be their only packer game ever

if a guy dies, fine. but the nfl can't be doing this because of bad injuries imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Sometimes being wrong is awesome. I have been all over the map on Love. I hated the pick at the time when some quality WR help was there. I hated that he lost his rookie season to the vid. I hated giving Rodgers that contract while he sat on the bench. I always liked his skill set though and was praying he was improving behind the scenes. I was mostly optimistic he could become a solid starting QB (Only like 15-20 of those on the planet).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    they should

even $100 is too fucking much when the starters are only play a half

then you call the game when its on 3/4 done. nope, and thats bullshit. some people traveled to that game, and for some it might be their only packer game ever

if a guy dies, fine. but the nfl can't be doing this because of bad injuries imo
    When they cut the Bills/Bengals game off I said they had changed a historical precedent. Players now feel entitled to take the night off when a player is injured. I get it, preseason blah blah. But if they don't reverse the trend we are going to see 10 games a season called early. That will be a nightmare for playoff implications, TV contracts etc. They need to send word down right now that this isn't going to become a trend,
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    When they cut the Bills/Bengals game off I said they had changed a historical precedent. Players now feel entitled to take the night off when a player is injured. I get it, preseason blah blah. But if they don't reverse the trend we are going to see 10 games a season called early. That will be a nightmare for playoff implications, TV contracts etc. They need to send word down right now that this isn't going to become a trend,
    I worry about the precedent too. Because they are understandably so cautious any time a player appears immobilized, this could happen a lot.

I think Hamlin was a special case because his heart had actually stopped, and although restarted, there could be no certainty he was going to survive.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen