Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Official Preseason Week 2 Packers vs Patriots Meaningless Game Day Thread

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    When they cut the Bills/Bengals game off I said they had changed a historical precedent. Players now feel entitled to take the night off when a player is injured. I get it, preseason blah blah. But if they don't reverse the trend we are going to see 10 games a season called early. That will be a nightmare for playoff implications, TV contracts etc. They need to send word down right now that this isn't going to become a trend,
    It was the coaches who decided to cut the meaningless game short. Why the fuck would bubble players like 82, “the White WR,” CB27, “Patrick Taylor,” the Black Punter of the New England Traitors and the such want a shortened game? They’re missing out on precious reps. Hell, we didn’t even get to see Patrick Taylor on D cos everyone’s darling, Valentine, was hogging up reps and getting beat by a 7th round WR, all at LaFleur’s urging.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

What are you talking about, Patrick Taylor on D?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What are you talking about, Patrick Taylor on D?
    Taylor wears 27, ain’t he? I saw 27 play defense against the Kentucky Pussycats. Not against the Traitors.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Taylor wears 27, ain’t he? I saw 27 play defense against the Kentucky Pussycats. Not against the Traitors.
    William Hooper
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    William Hooper
    Correct. Because of roster sizes and retired numbers, in preseason some players 'share' a number. William Hooper was 27 on D.

I think it sucks for the fans to have a game cut short, but honestly if the coaches got what they wanted out of the joint practices and the game up to that point, I'm ok with them ending it early. Apparently some players were a bit shook by Bolden's injury, and if they want to call it, let them. Gets you to the post-game bar that much faster, and the quality of 4Q preseason is rarely good anyway.

It cost the Packers a pretty penny to call the game.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Correct. Because of roster sizes and retired numbers, in preseason some players 'share' a number. William Hooper was 27 on D.

I think it sucks for the fans to have a game cut short, but honestly if the coaches got what they wanted out of the joint practices and the game up to that point, I'm ok with them ending it early. Apparently some players were a bit shook by Bolden's injury, and if they want to call it, let them. Gets you to the post-game bar that much faster, and the quality of 4Q preseason is rarely good anyway.
    I believe that is it was up to the coaches they would have joint practices and shit can the preseason games. They get more out info out of practice i believe,
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    It's hard to tell when a lyin goof like Tank loses it, but I'd say he's close

That happened years ago, KY. Tank has to muster up a lot of effort to even come off like an asshole these days.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack