Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Love Era Predictions

Jordan Love Era Predictions

My lifelong friend from Milwaukee says, “he will shine.”

The Jordan Love era is upon us this fall, what is your prediction?

Mine is the obvious, which is he has a tough act to follow and will last another 3 years until our Packers trade him to the New York Jets for a 1st round draft pick.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 08-26-2023 at 01:16 AM.

I think it'll be a real up-and-down year, and next year people will still be unsure if he's the real deal or if the Packers should go after one of the top college guys by dealing away multiple picks. But the Packer brass will hang on to him, and he'll be good. Enough. Maybe even just good.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

He's got everything going for him in terms of having a loaded team around him, playing in a weak division, etc. I don't see the Packers trading him unless he flops really badly, and I've come around to the point of view that I don't expect that to happen. If he is just barely decent, this should be a very good season for the Packers. If he's good, the sky's the limit. I'm not ready to predict that the Packers got lucky a third time, but I wouldn't rule it out either.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Jason Wilde has watched this guy practice for three years now. He also saw Rodgers from the start.

In regards, to Love, there were accuracy issues, a lot of them early on that were concerning. He couldn't throw a deep ball well at all. Wilde sings praises in terms of Love now as somebody who has worked his ass off to greatly improve himself as a thrower in terms of accuracy. He's cheering for him to find greatness. He says the accuracy is way improved, and he's throwing the deep balls ok

When Rodgers came in, Wilde noted he showed great arm strengh and while he was not ready, he flashed some great plays in practices. Mark Tauscher, tells a story of how when James Campen was the OL coach, he brough all of the OL into watch film in what I think was Rodgers 2nd or 3rd year. And he basically said....look at that f'cker make those throws. That is not normal at all, and this guy, is going to be a very very special QB in the league.

Wilde and Tausch are pretty homer (not Tex like, but as much as media can be) like. They feel like Love is at the point where he is ready to start in the NFL. Great attitude, sponge in the classroom, and unlike shitbag's last year (sorry Tex but everybody but you know it's true) or two he's very very coachable. They are cheering for him; they are optimistic. But they are guarded in their praise.

BASED on what I've seen and heard, I fear the Green Bay Packers are entering NFL Purgatory. Having a good, but not great QB is a curse and that is what I think we're getting.

On a sidenote, when AROD won his first playoff game in GB, he was about the last guy off the field and TT was there, waiting for him and gave him a warm hug.

After Love's first game, guess who was in that tunnel to congratulate him with a hug. GUTEBAG is going to be Jordan's biggest fan.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think the best case scenario is the black Philip Rivers. I'd be totally fine with that. I do not see an avenue for a HoF career for Love, but we don't realistically need that. We need consistency and high caliber play. That's on the table.

Realistically, I don't see a world where Love becomes Andy Dalton.

I expect him to be a top ten in the NFL QB. That's pretty much what I expected from Rodgers. We'll see if he can exceed my expectations similar to the way Rodgers did.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

He will have more yards and TD’s than AR this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    He will have more yards and TD’s than AR this year.
    …and more interceptions.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Jason Wilde has watched this guy practice for three years now. He also saw Rodgers from the start.

In regards, to Love, there were accuracy issues, a lot of them early on that were concerning. He couldn't throw a deep ball well at all. Wilde sings praises in terms of Love now as somebody who has worked his ass off to greatly improve himself as a thrower in terms of accuracy. He's cheering for him to find greatness. He says the accuracy is way improved, and he's throwing the deep balls ok

When Rodgers came in, Wilde noted he showed great arm strengh and while he was not ready, he flashed some great plays in practices. Mark Tauscher, tells a story of how when James Campen was the OL coach, he brough all of the OL into watch film in what I think was Rodgers 2nd or 3rd year. And he basically said....look at that f'cker make those throws. That is not normal at all, and this guy, is going to be a very very special QB in the league.

Wilde and Tausch are pretty homer (not Tex like, but as much as media can be) like. They feel like Love is at the point where he is ready to start in the NFL. Great attitude, sponge in the classroom, and unlike shitbag's last year (sorry Tex but everybody but you know it's true) or two he's very very coachable. They are cheering for him; they are optimistic. But they are guarded in their praise.

BASED on what I've seen and heard, I fear the Green Bay Packers are entering NFL Purgatory. Having a good, but not great QB is a curse and that is what I think we're getting.

On a sidenote, when AROD won his first playoff game in GB, he was about the last guy off the field and TT was there, waiting for him and gave him a warm hug.

After Love's first game, guess who was in that tunnel to congratulate him with a hug. GUTEBAG is going to be Jordan's biggest fan.
    Rodgers didn't win his first playoff game in Green Bay until 2012. Was it that big of a deal by then?

Good post Bretsky. I agree with all of it. If he's Derek Carr that is the worst possible outcome and place to be. Give me the A or F.

A lot depends on what kind of team you put around him. Eli Manning won 2 Super Bowls even though he was no Rodgers or Brady. Maybe Derek Carr isn't the reason the Raiders didn't win anything. Every team that Tom Brady won a Super Bowl with had a top 10 defense.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I think the best case scenario is the black Philip Rivers.
    In medieval times, court jesters were permitted to poke fun of the royal family, including the head monarch.

Point being, unless you yourself are a jester like myself - in fact, I am a downtrodden jester not unlike Arthur Fleck (a village idiot, according to the Kentucky)- you ought not be race-baiting. As ole Cumby is fond of saying, whadda race gotta do with anything? Besides, Love is part white.

That being said, we need a poll.

Headline: How Will J-Love’s Career Play Out?

Categories:
    A) Great Black hope (hall of famer)
    B) Poor man’s Patrick Mahomes (good starter)
    C) Poor man’s Dak Prescot (average starter)
    D) Black man’s Steve Bono (career backup)
    E) Can’t hold Butte’s jockstrap (bust)
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 08-27-2023 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Melancholic: punted, idiotically, away over 5000 frogskins this year.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    A lot depends on what kind of team you put around him. Eli Manning won 2 Super Bowls even though he was no Rodgers or Brady. Maybe Derek Carr isn't the reason the Raiders didn't win anything. Every team that Tom Brady won a Super Bowl with had a top 10 defense.

Would you ever trust a comob of Derek Carr and Joe Barry ? Or even Eli Manning and Joe Barry ? It's fun to give comps.

Right now Carr or Cousins (although I'm not sure he's near the accurary level of Cousins) might be the best two.

I fear he'll be "just" fine
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    In medieval times, court jesters were permitted to poke fun of the royal family, including the head monarch.

Point being, unless you yourself are a jester like myself - in fact, I am a downtrodden jester not unlike Arthur Fleck (a village idiot, according to the Kentucky)- you ought not be race-baiting. As ole Cumby is fond of saying, whadda race gotta do with anything? Besides, Love is part white.

That being said, we need a poll.

Headline: How Will J-Love’s Career Play Out?

Categories:
    A) Great Black hope (hall of famer)
    B) Poor man’s Patrick Mahomes (good starter)
    C) Poor man’s Dak Prescot (average starter)
    D) Black man’s Steve Bono (career backup)
    E) Can’t hold Butte’s jockstrap (bust)
    About 98 1/2% of the NFL QBs that ever played the game fit category E.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I don't get how APB could possibly describe Mahomes in the category of "good starter." What the hell, Tank. Did you finally just flip out instead of just flipping burgers?

KYPack

Was listening to a podcast and they thought Love's best/worst case scenarios at this point were Matt Ryan (hey, he won an MVP and got to a SB) and Mitch Trubisky. That's probably not far off.
    "Black Philip Rivers" wouldn't actually be awful; those Chargers teams often were very good in regular season and shat the bed because Martyball is not necessarily a winning formula against Peyton and Tom.

If Love is just mediocre - something like Andy Dalton, or possibly Derek Carr (who I think is above average on good days) - then they could have a problem where the team is a perennial wildcard round loser at best and never bad enough to have a shot to draft a better QB. The general consensus vibe I get is that he doesn't stink, but people either want him to bust terribly or succeed wildly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I don't get how APB could possibly describe Mahomes in the category of "good starter." What the hell, Tank. Did you finally just flip out instead of just flipping burgers?
    LOL yeah "poor man's Mahomes (good starter)" is a little tough to rationalize; some people talk about Mahomes like he could be the GOAT when all is said & done with his career. What does a poor man's version of that look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    He said Poor Man's Mahomes. That's not the same as Mahomes. They do have some similar traits. I think it's a good comparison.

Like this, I guess:

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    About 98 1/2% of the NFL QBs that ever played the game fit category E.
    Ain’t gonna lie: watching Hard Knocks, I am already missing Butte. Oh well, hopefully Love’s good enough to make Sundays not so bleak.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.