Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jordan Love Era Predictions

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He said Poor Man's Mahomes. That's not the same as Mahomes. They do have some similar traits. I think it's a good comparison.
    Word.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

He's got the advantage of having had time to develop. This year will be about what you'd expect, good start against weaker teams, slump in the middle where schedule is toughest, good finish.

In college he was trying to do it all in his last year, if he starts to do that in NFL he will miss some time due to injury from taking some big hits. Little worried that there is no backup that can keep them in the race if he is injured this year.

If they have the players around him I think he will be in the playoffs most years, and has a decent chance to make a Super Bowl. His career might be shortened by injury, if so, plays until early 30s.

I suspect ARod is going to have a pretty nice year in NY. If Love outpaces him, we're sitting pretty.

He has plenty of arm talent. His accuracy is good, but not great. I’m not sure he will ever be great in that category, so I think the real question when it comes to Love is how well he can use his athleticism to make plays. As he gains comfort in the pocket, will he have that knack for taking off and picking up 8 yards, or escaping the pocket to extend a play.

The one thing that Love has going for him is a very talented, albeit young, set of receivers and TEs. If these guys all develop like they should, it will make Love’s job a hell of a lot easier. Watson has the talent to be the best WR on the team since Sharpe. Musgrave can be the impact TE that Rodgers rarely had. Reed appears to be an even more athletic Donald Driver. On top of that, you have Doubs and Kraft as well who could become solid starting caliber players. If Love can learn how to master the pocket and extend plays or pick up first downs on occasion with his legs, he has more than enough talent around him to create an elite offense.

He won’t be as good as Favre or Rodgers, but I think he could become an elite (top 8) starter for 5-7 years. For this year, 3500 yards passing and 2/1 TD to INT ratio is what I’m looking for. If he can produce that in year one, he will be a keeper to build on for the next decade.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I’m kind of bored of football lately. But I am hoping love is the next HOFer because in 15 years, I want to talk shit to 55 year old bears fans who can’t remember a time in their entire lives where they could feel confident in beating the Packers.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Same, but for me that would be in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Same, but for me that would be in 20 years.
    Bears fans who are 40 now were 9 in 1992 and they weren’t that good back then either. So in 15 years they’ll be 55. Regardless of your age, 15 years from now, bears fans who are 55 or younger will not remember a time the Packers weren’t big brother if love is it.

And if that somehow happens, even if I don’t care about football at all, I’ll be even more excited about maybe landing one more and turning that 55 into 70 and hopefully they die that way too

I have been watching a lot of Justin Fields hype videos this offseason. I'm prepared for the possibility of him becoming good, but I will revel in his failure if it happens. Nothing personal, Justin. It's just, the Bears Still Suck.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I’m kind of bored of football lately. But I am hoping love is the next HOFer because in 15 years, I want to talk shit to 55 year old bears fans who can’t remember a time in their entire lives where they could feel confident in beating the Packers.
    Justin! You’re back!

APB was worried about you. He . . . wait for it . . . put out an APB on you.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Justin! You’re back!

APB was worried about you. He . . . wait for it . . . put out an APB on you.
    Thanks! I just took pr off my front page of my browser and I’ve been busy as hell. So with it not being in my view, I slipped into never checking. Great to hear from you guys though! Pr is back up on the top page of my browser. I cant go through a football season with just my view unchecked. I come up with some crazy shit and need a little sensibility.

Saw a QB power ranking. Love was 15, just ahead of Fields. Nice. But top 5 is where we feel real good about the pick and decision.

Saw a QB power ranking. Love was 15, just ahead of Fields. Nice. But top 5 is where we feel real good about the pick and decision.
    First year as a starter, man. You've got to wait until, say, midway through next season to really get much as far as value from that kind of info. He's still a wet-behind-the-ears kid, though I do think the Packers being able to sit him for three years, like they did with Rodgers, is a great help to a young QB.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

He needs more tape and a bit more accuracy.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

True, it's still too early to crown him the next big thing. He's off to a damn good start, though, and out of 32 teams, I very much doubt 14 of them have QBs better than Love.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    True, it's still too early to crown him the next big thing. He's off to a damn good start, though, and out of 32 teams, I very much doubt 14 of them have QBs better than Love.
    You might be right on this one. I liked seeing the Twitter cut ups and commentary from the former QBs. There were several where he was looking guys off and moving the defense around with his eyes. A lot of guys struggle to do the basics, so seeing him adding in extra complexity and making it work for him…. That’s a good sign. We never questioned his physical talent. That was already upper tier. So seeing him do the mental side at a very high level….. he might be the next one. The odds of three in a row is ridiculously slim. But my hopes are up for the first time.

As of 2010 l, since 1967, 86 quarterbacks were drafted in the first round and 6 had made the HOF. I’m sure more made it since and will still make it like Rodgers and maybe Eli and rivers and Ben. Let’s just call it 10 HOFers or 12 to be extra safe.

12/86 = 14%

I’m sure the odds are more slim after the top 20 picks. Let’s say 10% chance

10% chance of hitting 1. We did it three times in a row. That’s like 1 in a 1000 odds. And we might have done it!
    Last edited by RashanGary; 09-16-2023 at 08:07 PM.

I think hitting on a quarterback between picks 20 and 32 is probably a little more likely when the team who drafts them has a 36 year old HOF qb already on the roster and aren’t having to draft a QB. And then they get to learn for 3 years behind the HOFer too.

Just like number of teams that miss when they’re desperate and have to take one are probably a lot worse.

1 in 1000 is still close to the odds of being able to hit three in a row after pick 20.

If it somehow happens, I imagine it would be quite a long time before anyone ever repeated the feat.