Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Preseason Week 3 Packers vs Seahawks Meaningless Game Day Thread

Official Preseason Week 3 Packers vs Seahawks Meaningless Game Day Thread

Players on the bubble for 53 man roster.

RB: Patrick Taylor, Emanuel Wilson

WR: Grant Dubose, Malik Heath, Samori Toure, Bo Melton, Jadakis Bonds

TE/FB: Austin Allen, Henry Pearson

OL: Royce Newman, Caleb Jones, Kadeem Telfort, Luke Tenuta, Sean Rhyan

DL: Jonathan Ford

EDGE: Brenton Cox Jr., Justin Hollins

LB: Keshawn Banks, Tariq Carpenter, Eric Wilson

CB: Corey Ballentine, Tyrell Ford, William Hooper, Shemar Jean Charles, Kiondre Thomas

S: Innis Gaines, Dallin Leavitt, Tarvarius Moore, Jonathan Owens, Benny Sapp III

P: Pat O'Donnell, Daniel Whelan

LS: Matt Orzech, Broughton Hatcher
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Couple of questions: Is Gaines really a safety, or is he, like Kesean Nixon, really just a slot corner now? If he can play the slot well and show up on special teams, he could be a wild card. That way if Nixon is out, you don't have to shuffle Alexander inside.

Can Caleb Jones or kadeem Telfort or Luke Tenuta play guard at all? Seems like they're four-deep on tackles but thin at guard and center - and Royce Newman is just that guy who plays well enough for a bit then allows a big play or commits a big penalty. Ugh.

I am hoping the Packers will keep Daniel Whelan. I like the big leg. But I have no idea how his holding skills are. Does anyone have any idea about that? Also, what are the odds of a rookie punter getting picked up by another team if you do cut him? Or does anyone think there's a good chance he could land on the PS?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Couple of questions: Is Gaines really a safety, or is he, like Kesean Nixon, really just a slot corner now? If he can play the slot well and show up on special teams, he could be a wild card. That way if Nixon is out, you don't have to shuffle Alexander inside.

Can Caleb Jones or kadeem Telfort or Luke Tenuta play guard at all? Seems like they're four-deep on tackles but thin at guard and center - and Royce Newman is just that guy who plays well enough for a bit then allows a big play or commits a big penalty. Ugh.

I am hoping the Packers will keep Daniel Whelan. I like the big leg. But I have no idea how his holding skills are. Does anyone have any idea about that? Also, what are the odds of a rookie punter getting picked up by another team if you do cut him? Or does anyone think there's a good chance he could land on the PS?
    Gaines I think is just a slot corner now. He's probably ahead of SJC at this point. I think Telfort, Jones and Tenuta are just OT's. They're all 6-7 or taller. Not sure if Rasheed Walker has spent any time at G.

I suspect that Whelan can be stashed on the PS. Don't know if he or O'Donnell have had an edge at holder, but O'Donnell has a reputation as an excellent holder. And O'Donnell has experience in cold weather. But if Whelan was really deficient at holding, he probably wouldn't still be here.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Packers not suiting up today:

WR Dontayvion Wicks
    CB Eric Stokes
    CB Jaire Alexander
    S Tarvarius Moore
    RB Lew Nichols

RB Aaron Jones
    RB Tyler Goodson
    FB Henry Pearson

OLB Rashan Gary
    LB De'Vondre Campbell
    LT David Bakhtiari
    OT Luke Tenuta
    WR Bo Melton

WR Romeo Doubs

Bold players are guys that would conceivably be fighting for roster spots.

I'd think, among them, only Moore is not under consideration for the Practice Squad. Don't want other teams to get any more to see of them?

Good start on the ground, overcoming the two false starts to move the chains.

Defender successfully interfered with the pass to Watson, didn't get called. Stood over him and taunted. lol

Good kick in what sounds like tricky conditions. Decent drive for not completing a pass.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Love's third down throw to the sticks was on-target to Toure, but the defender arrived early and the ball went off his shoulderpadsl incomplete. Love might have pulled the trigger a fraction of a second sooner to protect the window, but the Shitbirds were protecting the sticks, and it would've required a great play by Toure to hang on, even if the defender hadn't been early.

Valentine needs stickier gloves.

Run defense looked good against lesser competition. Both Clark and TJ Slaton with stops. Good defensive stand after the one first down, but Valentine dropped a sure pick-six.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Valentine wouldn’t be able to catch a cold if he was standing naked on Antartica with the mighty emperor penguins.

Sure is getting his hands on the ball a lot, though.

Boo! Bring in the Clifford the Big Red Dawg!

Butte is playing today.

Need better coverage for a 57 yard punt.

Love needs to knock that down, unless it's a critical game situation. No such thing in the preseason.

That punt was in the air for a long time, but it wasn't good enough for the punt coverage team, it seems.

I am seeing 97, Cletidus Clark in the game.

Good rangey play by McDuffie to get to the sideline and crunch down on first down. That play briefly looked like it could've been bad for us.

Good job closing on the dumpoff on third down. The rest of the coverage was good. McDuffie again.