Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
It's hard to tell so early. He sure seems like he has a lot of the characteristics you want in a QB. The thing that jumps out to me is he seems unafraid to let it fly to JAGs. It makes me think of how many big games were left on the table when ARod was throwing to JAGs but wouldn't let it fly.

I think Love will be limited by his accuracy. I'm still not convinced he's a top 10 QB yet. Newness goes a long way. Next year could look totally different. I would dangle the carrot to him contract wise. "Jordan, we love you, you're great, but we just need to see more. You're under contract next year and we will absolutely use the franchise tag if we can't come to an agreement. Let's do 8 weeks before and if you continue to perform the way we think you're capable of, we will give you the largest contract for a qb".
I think his accuracy is already improved from what it was earlier in the year. He's gone from the bottom to 21st in the NFL. His completion pct. has gone from 58.7 in the first 9 games to 68.4 in the last 7. Also Love is 3rd in the NFL in average depth of target, whether completed or not. So he's likely not going to have the completion pct. of guys who throw more short stuff.