View Poll Results: How Will J-Love's Career Play Out

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Black Hope (hall of famer)

5 23.81%
  • Poor man's Patrick Mahomes (good starter)

13 61.90%
  • Poor man's Dak Prescot (average starter)

2 9.52%
  • Black man's Steve Bono (career backup)

0 0%
  • Can't hold Butte's jockstrap (bust)

1 4.76%

Thread: How Will J-Love's Career Play Out?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Maholmes is the closest comp to Love in most ways, except for accuracy and ability to read a D. One of those can be improved. Also, that comp is probably the reason Gutes went up and got him. By seasons end we should have a much better read on most of our offensive skill position guys. All the first year guys (Love included) have shown some improvement. All have also made ugly gaffes.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Maholmes is the closest comp to Love in most ways, except for accuracy and ability to read a D. One of those can be improved. Also, that comp is probably the reason Gutes went up and got him. By seasons end we should have a much better read on most of our offensive skill position guys. All the first year guys (Love included) have shown some improvement. All have also made ugly gaffes.
    I think Blake Bortles is a much better comp. Huge arm, athletic, prone to throwing off-balance and not at all accurate. NFL.com had it right

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think Blake Bortles is a much better comp. Huge arm, athletic, prone to throwing off-balance and not at all accurate. NFL.com had it right
    If not for the cheaters Bortles would possibly have a ring. I also was always much higher on Bortles than others. Our resident genius, Nate Hacket broke him (just like he is finishing off Zack Wilson instead of improving him).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I had been avoiding saying it but 100% agree. He plays a similar funky, awkward style that makes it hard for defenses to calibrate on him.