View Poll Results: How Will J-Love's Career Play Out

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Black Hope (hall of famer)

5 23.81%
  • Poor man's Patrick Mahomes (good starter)

13 61.90%
  • Poor man's Dak Prescot (average starter)

2 9.52%
  • Black man's Steve Bono (career backup)

0 0%
  • Can't hold Butte's jockstrap (bust)

1 4.76%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will J-Love's Career Play Out?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Mahomes is closer to H of F than just good unless his career is shortened by injury. I doubt Love quite comes up to that level, but I could easily see him as better than all but 3 or 4 QBs now starting.
    LOL

Love did a great job of staying calm under constant pressure. He seems to be making good decisions even when pressured. He's got the arm to make difficult throws. He's does miss opportunities due to inaccurate throws.

I think he's gonna start a lot of games in the NFL. I don't think he's going to consistently carry a team by throwing for anyone if yards.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    LOL
    It may be unlikely that Love will be a top 5 QB. But I don't think the idea is laughable. So far, he's mostly had to play without his best RB, best WR, and 2 best OL. We don't yet know what he can do with a full arsenal of weapons. He's had little running game to rely on, and a shaky OL since Jenkins followed Bakhtiari to the sidelines.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It may be unlikely that Love will be a top 5 QB. But I don't think the idea is laughable. So far, he's mostly had to play without his best RB, best WR, and 2 best OL. We don't yet know what he can do with a full arsenal of weapons. He's had little running game to rely on, and a shaky OL since Jenkins followed Bakhtiari to the sidelines.
    I think it's a bit laughable if is anyone claiming they know one way or another with certainty.

I think there's really three checkpoints here to determine the career arc:
    (1) First game or two
    (2) After 6-8 games
    (3) Early next season

I think he's okay; Arm strength, poise and decision making are good and likely to improve. Accuracy is a concern. Not sure how much he can or will improve there, maybe he can work on it in the offseason but I think he's going to be a gunslinger type QB who flirts with making the top 10 in his best seasons. I also think they'll probably extend him to an overpaying contract and look to move on in about 5-7 years after a few quick Kirk Cousins-esque playoff exits. I could be very wrong here, it's only been 4 games, but that's the vibe I get from him. He's still better than anything the Bears have had in the last 30 years.

I think his floor is Jameis Winston and his ceiling is a Donovan McNabb type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    He's still better than anything the Bears have had in the last 30 years.
    Talk about setting the bar low.....

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I think it's a bit laughable if is anyone claiming they know one way or another with certainty.
    Certainly but the assertation and boldness of the projection is laughably unlikely. Probability is supremely low

How about "too early to say?" And this team has had too many key injuries since 2020 it seems. Love deserves at least a season and then several games with a healthy squad. He's got a really good receiver core for the next few years. Add a couple oline man and give him a couple years.

And Hurts is a stud. He may never be a G.O.A.T but barring injury, I will always look forward to watching him. He's such a chill, soft spoken dude as well: love his character.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Certainly but the assertation and boldness of the projection is laughably unlikely. Probability is supremely low
    Yes. I was generally agreeing with you.

Claiming Love is not likely to be better than all but a handful of current NFL QBs is to say that Love's start to the season is a fluke. Is that what ya'all think - the mealy mouth poster who laughed at such an idea or the dumbass parrot who generally agreed with him?

It seems to me that as good as Love has played, he has just scratched the surface. His "accuracy problem" seems to me to be not in his arm, but in his inexperience on when and how to put air under the ball or lead a receiver just a bit more or less. And that will certainly improve. And he has been nearly Aaron Rodgers-esque in not stupidly throwing into a crowd and getting picks like so many supposedly good QBs nowadays.

I'm at a point where I'm comfortable now not necessarily predicting just yet that the Packers will have hit it big three times in a row, but that I sure wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that way.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

He made 3 really boneheaded interceptions lately that makes me think he’s a dumbass just like Favre was at times.
    Either way, by Christmas we’ll know if he’s the Great Black Hope - Hall of famer.

His probability of being great is a lot higher now that I’ve seen him do a few great things than it was before when it was just the odds of any prospect being great.

Love has a chance. I’d say 20% chance at being a borderline HOF type QB. He does some things that give him a chance. Well there is injury too. Let’s make that 10% chance, haha.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    He made 3 really boneheaded interceptions lately that makes me think he’s a dumbass just like Favre was at times.
    Either way, by Christmas we’ll know if he’s the Great Black Hope - Hall of famer.
    Kinda has some Brett vibe to his game. He has the laser throws and doesnt fear the middle of the field like Eron seemed to. Already more fun to watch than bitch ass 12.

Does he have 3 picks? I can only remember 2, and one of those it seemed pretty sure the receiver ran the wrong route. I seem to recall something about the other one that seemed like it wasn't completely his fault also. I think his game is a lot closer to Rodgers than to Favre. He maybe doesn't fear the middle of the field, but he also doesn't fear throwing incompletions - hence the fairly low completion percentage. A lot of those are middle of the field throws but not stupidly throwing it into a crowd.

And he's mobile like Tarkenton (and Rodgers and Favre and Mahomes) - setting up throws - rather than taking off and running like Lamar Jackson and some others.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Kinda has some Brett vibe to his game. He has the laser throws and doesnt fear the middle of the field like Eron seemed to. Already more fun to watch than bitch ass 12.
    No shit!
    So far we’ve seen him show wisdom beyond his years, but those retarded throws we saw are a concern.
    The “Eron,” wise with the ball is what I like seeing. Surely we want the gunslinger Favre at times, but let’s see more laser throws to the below average set of targets the young 24 year old man has.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 10-07-2023 at 01:28 PM.

Packers Twitter is handling Jordan Love taking over a lot better than the Bears have with Fields.

Bears Twitter had 30% older guys doubting Fields
    And the rest of them defending him in really weirdo ways

Packer Twitter has 30% skinbaskets, insistent he’s horrible
    And then nearly the rest of the 70% is waiting and seeing

The Bears have been so QB down, they really haven’t handled things well. We’re a little more open over here to Love flopping or just being average. We’re definitely a more realistic fan base.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Those two descriptions sound awfully similar to me.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    How about "too early to say?" And this team has had too many key injuries since 2020 it seems. Love deserves at least a season and then several games with a healthy squad. He's got a really good receiver core for the next few years. Add a couple oline man and give him a couple years.

And Hurts is a stud. He may never be a G.O.A.T but barring injury, I will always look forward to watching him. He's such a chill, soft spoken dude as well: love his character.
    Solid post. We can't be sure on Love, but I would like to see him operate behind a good run game and get him and NFL caliber LT. I'm in a minority on moving Jenkins, but he was damn good a couple years ago when he filled in for Bak. He can play the position at a high level and replacing guards is easier than franchise LTs.

As for Hurts I was "juries still out" coming into this year. He has answered most questions and if he suddenly started playing poorly at this point I'd be shocked. Problem is I hate the Eagles so its hard for me to cheer for him.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    I disagree. He has 2 bonehead picks, and some that weren't a big deal. Tipped pass, obvious PI, and one that was effectively a punt on 3rd down taking a shot. I forgive picks on final drives while behind or final drives of the half with no time left a lot more than I forgive a pick with a 2 score lead that I see Jimmy G and even Josh Allen do all the time.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

i'm becoming concerned

his last 2 weeks have been bad, and his deep pass accuracy has been really bad

big arm with no accuracy at this point. maybe we need to bring in kevin costner and susan sarandon to try and fix him