View Poll Results: How Will J-Love's Career Play Out

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Black Hope (hall of famer)

5 23.81%
  • Poor man's Patrick Mahomes (good starter)

13 61.90%
  • Poor man's Dak Prescot (average starter)

2 9.52%
  • Black man's Steve Bono (career backup)

0 0%
  • Can't hold Butte's jockstrap (bust)

1 4.76%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will J-Love's Career Play Out?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i'm becoming concerned

his last 2 weeks have been bad, and his deep pass accuracy has been really bad

big arm with no accuracy at this point. maybe we need to bring in kevin costner and susan sarandon to try and fix him
    I think you really only need Susan Sarandon.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Well I called for Arod to be traded right away so I'm voting bust.
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    i'm becoming concerned

big arm with no accuracy at this point. maybe we need to bring in kevin costner and susan sarandon to try and fix him

I'm standing my my call of the poor man's Dac Prescott

His accuracy is average at best.

His deep ball accuracy was bad when he came into th eleague and now it's just OK

He's a guy you never give big money to IMO
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...ing-preseason/

Deep ball accuracy probably isn't going to be a quick fix What's worse is that he throws a high percentage of deep balls

Blog Entries
    I would admit this. Jason Wilde and other Packer beat guys have watched all these QB's for years. It's well recorded how he and others noted how well Erin Rodgers showed some flashes of brillians with his accuracy and the long ball a year or two after he was here as a backup.

LovMachine was often noted to be very week on deep ball accuracy. And Wilde has said many many times he is WAY better than when he arrived in Green Bay.

The problem is, he's still not strong there; possibly below average still
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Much to shithead skinbaskets delight the MNF performance slightly rattled my faith. The last INT the throw was good spot just too late. He pulls the trigger right away and Watson would have just ran up to it in the end zone. But he didn’t so now hope it was just learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Much to shithead skinbaskets delight the MNF performance slightly rattled my faith. The last INT the throw was good spot just too late. He pulls the trigger right away and Watson would have just ran up to it in the end zone. But he didn’t so now hope it was just learning curve.
    In Love's defense, he was under pressure because Jenkins missed his block. He had to move to his left to escape the pressure so he could get the throw off.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Until their shit show of an offensive line improves, I'm reserving my final judgement. Let's not forget that even Rodgers and Favre had shit games when they had constant pressure.

I'm not making excuses for Love. he hasn't shown me enough to make me confident he'd be good enough with better blocking, but I haven't given up all hope either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'm standing my my call of the poor man's Dac Prescott

His accuracy is average at best.

His deep ball accuracy was bad when he came into th eleague and now it's just OK

He's a guy you never give big money to IMO
    A 'poor man's Dak Prescott" is really an awful QB, because Dak Prescott himself is a really lousy QB. He has been starting for several years now and he still throws numerous stupid interceptions. At least Love has the excuse of this being his first year as a starter.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

i'm becoming concerned

Well...i do remember Josh Allen came into this league with a big arm and no accuracy...look at him now, 73.1% comp rate. Love just needs the game reps and 1st team practice reps to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Well...i do remember Josh Allen came into this league with a big arm and no accuracy...look at him now, 73.1% comp rate. Love just needs the game reps and 1st team practice reps to get better.
    josh alln was a starter from day one

this is loves 4th year in the nfl

he's been working with nfl coaches for 4 years, there shouldn't be growing pains to this extent. thats the whole point of having a guy sit for 3 years

josh alln was a starter from day one

this is loves 4th year in the nfl

he's been working with nfl coaches for 4 years, there shouldn't be growing pains to this extent. thats the whole point of having a guy sit for 3 years
    That’s fine but he still needs the NFL game experience. Sitting on the bench watching from the sidelines is a big difference between being on the field playing the game.
    5 games is too early to tell just yet. Ya his stock has dropped from week one but let’s not throw in the towel just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Allen went through a very specialized program completely revamping his footwork and some other flaws during that tilting offseason. He was really committed. Hopefully Love is as well. Allens problem will always be that he makes too many really bad decisions.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Honestly I think he will follow a Jimmy G, Carr, Goff, etc. path. He will never be great. He will be good enough to start for awhile. He probably will be good enough that another team will give him a shot. If he plays for a modest contract you could win an Owl with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    A 'poor man's Dak Prescott" is really an awful QB, because Dak Prescott himself is a really lousy QB. He has been starting for several years now and he still throws numerous stupid interceptions. At least Love has the excuse of this being his first year as a starter.
    Boy, ain't that the truth. LOL. Poor man's Dak!!! Eeeek.

Just saw this on a random article from MSN and thought I'd drop it in:

Jordan Love Through Game 9
    Week 1, at Chicago (win): 15-of-27 passing, 245 yards, three touchdowns vs. zero interceptions, 123.2 rating.

Week 2, at Atlanta (loss): 14-of-25 passing, 151 yards, three touchdowns vs. zero interceptions, 113.5 rating.

Week 3, New Orleans (win): 22-of-44 passing, 259 yards, one touchdown vs. one interception, 66.4 rating.

Week 4, Detroit (loss): 23-of-36 passing, 246 yards, one touchdown vs. two interceptions, 69.9 rating.

Week 5, Las Vegas (loss): 16-of-30 passing, 182 yards, zero touchdowns vs. three interceptions, 32.2 rating.

Week 6, bye.

Week 7, Denver (loss): 21-of-31 passing, 180 yards, two touchdowns vs. one interception, 90.8 rating.

Week 8, Minnesota (loss): 24-of-41 passing, 229 yards, one touchdown vs. one interception, 72.1 rating.

Week 9, L.A. Rams (win): 20-of-26 passing, 228 yards, one touchdown vs. zero interceptions, 115.5 rating.

Week 10, Pittsburgh (loss): 21-of-40 passing, 289 yards, two touchdowns vs. two interceptions, 71.8 rating.

Total: 176-of-300 passing (58.7 percent), 2,009 yards, 14 touchdowns vs. 10 interceptions, 80.5 rating.

Aaron Rodgers Through Game 9
    Week 1, Minnesota (win): 18-of-22 passing, 178 yards, one touchdown vs. zero interceptions, 115.5 rating.

Week 2, at Detroit (win): 24-of-38 passing, 328 yards, three touchdowns vs. zero interceptions, 117.0 rating.

Week 3, Dallas (loss): 22-of-39 passing, 290 yards, zero touchdowns vs. zero interceptions, 80.1 rating.

Week 4, Tampa Bay (loss): 14-of-27 passing, 165 yards, two touchdowns vs. three interceptions, 55.9 rating.

Week 5, Atlanta (loss): 25-of-37 passing, 313 yards, three touchdowns vs. one interception, 109.4 rating.

Week 6, Seattle (win): 21-of-30 passing, 208 yards, two touchdowns vs. zero interceptions, 111.5 rating.

Week 7, Indianapolis (win): 21-of-28 passing, 186 yards, one touchdown vs. zero interceptions, 104.2 rating.

Week 8: Bye

Week 9, Tennessee (loss): 22-of-41 passing, 314 yards, one touchdown vs. one interception, 76.7 rating.

Week 10, Minnesota (loss): 15-of-26 passing for 142 yards, zero touchdowns vs. zero interceptions, 72.9 rating.

Total: 182-of-288 passing (63.2 percent), 2,124 yards, 13 touchdowns vs. five interceptions, 93.3 rating.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Boy, ain't that the truth. LOL. Poor man's Dak!!! Eeeek.
    Honesty, Dak might be about what he is if we’re lucky.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Honesty, Dak might be about what he is if we’re lucky.
    agreee; that might be his best case comp

The way Dak is playing this year, having Love play at that level would be great. I see a lot of Dak, and there is some similarity with Love, especially after Dak's injury and his being less apt to take off running. Probably both of them are under-appreciated by many in here hahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

He's going to be better than Prescott. My mom might be better than Prescott. That dude sucks.

KYPack