View Poll Results: How Will J-Love's Career Play Out

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Black Hope (hall of famer)

5 23.81%
  • Poor man's Patrick Mahomes (good starter)

13 61.90%
  • Poor man's Dak Prescot (average starter)

2 9.52%
  • Black man's Steve Bono (career backup)

0 0%
  • Can't hold Butte's jockstrap (bust)

1 4.76%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How Will J-Love's Career Play Out?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Looks like the majority got it right here. He's been slightly better than Mahomes, but this is not vintage Mahomes. I thought Love would be pretty solid. But I have to say he's made more WOW throws than I expected. It wasn't until sometime in Rodgers'2nd year as a starter that I knew he was a lot better than pretty good. Still too early to tell what Love's ceiling is.
    Most people’s ceilings are a flat white.

Ba-Dum-BAH!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The thing that I don't get most of all is how these jags are so open for JLove but seemingly never were for Rod. What's up with that? Different offense? They were always open and ARod ain't throwing? It seems that the truth is a young QB is dangerous because they will attempt throws that an old one won't attempt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    The thing that I don't get most of all is how these jags are so open for JLove but seemingly never were for Rod. What's up with that? Different offense? They were always open and ARod ain't throwing? It seems that the truth is a young QB is dangerous because they will attempt throws that an old one won't attempt.

SO MANY said AROD won't throw to a guy til he trusts him. I always found that rather pathetic. Just throw to the guy who's open dammit. His zeroing in on Adams lost us games at times.

But on the other hand, our WR's are WAY BETTER NOW than what Adams had backing him up. But part of that is RODGERS fault for f'cking up our WR room up with this buddies who lacked talent

Thank the Jets want the Lizard or Cobb ? Those two guys, talent wise, would not crack our top 6 WR's and...on of them started for us last year
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

go watch the replays, a rod usually had guys open on every play

he just wasn't looking at them

Really glad Love made it to 30 in 16. Gonna be fun rubbing it in Bears fans faces on Twitter since they’ve never seen 30 in 120 years. And the shit they talked all offseason.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Jordan love shouldn’t be swishing that champagne on his teeth. He gonna be toothless when we trade him to the Jets and that might lower is trade value.

Where is Skinbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Where is Skinbasket?
    He has a family to provide for. Unless Love has a bad game. Then he has nothing better to do than immediately come here and spend 3 days repeating the same nonsense.

It's hard to tell so early. He sure seems like he has a lot of the characteristics you want in a QB. The thing that jumps out to me is he seems unafraid to let it fly to JAGs. It makes me think of how many big games were left on the table when ARod was throwing to JAGs but wouldn't let it fly.

I think Love will be limited by his accuracy. I'm still not convinced he's a top 10 QB yet. Newness goes a long way. Next year could look totally different. I would dangle the carrot to him contract wise. "Jordan, we love you, you're great, but we just need to see more. You're under contract next year and we will absolutely use the franchise tag if we can't come to an agreement. Let's do 8 weeks before and if you continue to perform the way we think you're capable of, we will give you the largest contract for a qb".

I was hoping for a TD hat trick for him. Get to 31. Tied for second with Purdy. Start to lurk in that borderline MVP zone. If the Packers had a defense, we’d have 11 wins and he would be in the hunt for that MVP.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 01-01-2024 at 05:08 PM.

It's hard to tell so early. He sure seems like he has a lot of the characteristics you want in a QB. The thing that jumps out to me is he seems unafraid to let it fly to JAGs. It makes me think of how many big games were left on the table when ARod was throwing to JAGs but wouldn't let it fly.

I think Love will be limited by his accuracy. I'm still not convinced he's a top 10 QB yet. Newness goes a long way. Next year could look totally different. I would dangle the carrot to him contract wise. "Jordan, we love you, you're great, but we just need to see more. You're under contract next year and we will absolutely use the franchise tag if we can't come to an agreement. Let's do 8 weeks before and if you continue to perform the way we think you're capable of, we will give you the largest contract for a qb".
    I think his accuracy is already improved from what it was earlier in the year. He's gone from the bottom to 21st in the NFL. His completion pct. has gone from 58.7 in the first 9 games to 68.4 in the last 7. Also Love is 3rd in the NFL in average depth of target, whether completed or not. So he's likely not going to have the completion pct. of guys who throw more short stuff.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Barry
    @BarryOnHere

30 TD seasons without Randy Moss or Rob Gronkowski:

Jordan Love: 1
    Tom Brady: 0

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think his accuracy is already improved from what it was earlier in the year. He's gone from the bottom to 21st in the NFL. His completion pct. has gone from 58.7 in the first 9 games to 68.4 in the last 7. Also Love is 3rd in the NFL in average depth of target, whether completed or not. So he's likely not going to have the completion pct. of guys who throw more short stuff.
    Posers like tell_me_iSmell just read stat lines and act like they paid attention to the game. Love’s accuracy is more than good and will only improve. Just based on his face and body language he was thinking way too damn much. Now his eyes are determined and he is letting the cannon loose.

Basically homeboy was playing nervous and now he’s feeling cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Posers like tell_me_iSmell just read stat lines and act like they paid attention to the game. Love’s accuracy is more than good and will only improve. Just based on his face and body language he was thinking way too damn much. Now his eyes are determined and he is letting the cannon loose.

Exactly, the early season accuracy issues, IMO, were him playing tight, literally. Now he's got more experience which has boosted his confidence so he's playing loose and letting it rip.

The kid's demeanor is awesome. His game face speaks volumes.

Rest of the NFCN is in trouble because he's only going to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post

He's playing good but his deep ball still stinks. Anything with air under it feels like a problem with JLove. I am not sold on his deep ball accuracy yet. We shall see. He looks the part right now, I agree.

[QUOTE]
    PFF GB Packers
    @PFF_Packers

Jordan Love: highest-graded QB in the NFL since week 12 (90.4)

PFF GB Packers
    @PFF_Packers

Jordan Love: highest-graded QB in the NFL since week 12 (90.4)

He's playing good but his deep ball still stinks. Anything with air under it feels like a problem with JLove. I am not sold on his deep ball accuracy yet. We shall see. He looks the part right now, I agree.
    I gotta agree with you here. Remember, there’s not much difference between “deep balls” and “balls deep.”
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Rodgers wasn't great on deep balls early in his career either. Remember the miss to Jennings in overtime against Arizona in 2009 playoffs? Deep balls are great when they happen, but being able to throw a bullet accurately down the seam, and being able to throw a great deep out are more important.

The other thing that seems kinda weird is it doesn't seem like JLove ever throws a laser. The ball goes far, but it doesn't seem to be going particularly fast. What newfangled physics is he applying to this situation to achieve this?