Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DEAR GUTEBAG----------------BRING JONATHON TAYLOR HOME

Next year's draft has some good RBs in it, probably including WI's Brealon Allen. Why not save the cap space and draft a younger player with less wear and injury history?
    I like Taylor and hope he gets paid, but hope it's elsewhere. It would be a weird investment for GB to make.

There are reports Colts wanted Jaylen Waddle from Miami or Christian Watson from Packers.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Watson? Don't even think about it!!!!
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Leading rushers for last 10 Super Bowl Champs:

2022 Chiefs Isiah Pacheco 830 yards
    2021 Rams Sony Michel 845 yards
    2020 Bucs Ronald Jones 978 yards
    2019 Chiefs Damien Williams 498 yards
    2018 Patriots Sony Michel 931 yards
    2017 Eagles LeGarrette Blount 766 yards
    2016 Patriots LeGarrette Blount 1161 yards
    2015 Broncos Ronnie Hillman 863 yards
    2014 Patriots Jonas Gray 412 yards
    2013 Seahawks Marshawn Lynch 1257 yards

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    You are right....back when we had a HOF quarterback
    Never know!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Even if that trade made sense (positional value and contract control aspects suggest that it does not), we are too thin at receiver to tolerate that kind of move. Taylor is a "nice to have" type of player for this offense. Watson is much more important. And yes, I knocked on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers won Super Bowls with Edgar Bennett and Brandon Jackson as their leading running backs. Trading a 1st round pick for a RB coming off surgery who wants a big contract is not the best way to build a team.
    Grant - > Jackson -> Starks if I recall correctly!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Exactly.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    The real problem is that Taylor is going to want a huge deal even if he plays out his 2023 year on his rookie contract. 2023 is like $4,300,000 which isn't bad if the Packers picked him up.

But Taylor will want a huge deal going forward and with Jones' contract they can't have that much money tied up in the RB position.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

You don't give up much for one year. He wants a salary so large he priced himself out of his current team. You don't give up much for that situation either

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Leading rushers for last 10 Super Bowl Champs:

2022 Chiefs Isiah Pacheco 830 yards
    2021 Rams Sony Michel 845 yards
    2020 Bucs Ronald Jones 978 yards
    2019 Chiefs Damien Williams 498 yards
    2018 Patriots Sony Michel 931 yards
    2017 Eagles LeGarrette Blount 766 yards
    2016 Patriots LeGarrette Blount 1161 yards
    2015 Broncos Ronnie Hillman 863 yards
    2014 Patriots Jonas Gray 412 yards
    2013 Seahawks Marshawn Lynch 1257 yards
    The only logical conclusion is that LaGarrette Blount is a freaking stud!!
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Honestly though, the 2013 Hawks did ride a workhorse and top D to an Owl. That seems to be the last time.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Honestly though, the 2013 Hawks did ride a workhorse and top D to an Owl. That seems to be the last time.
    They did. But the Seahawks gave up a 4th and 5th round pick to get Lynch, which is a far cry from what the Colts reportedly want for Taylor.

i would have demanded gutefuck be fired asap if he had done something this stupid

in todays NFL you DO NOT overpay for runningbacks, you don't need them to win

besides we already have a very good one who we don't give the ball to enough to begin with who IMO is already overpaid

and then we have a backup running back who is also already pretty good

this makes no sense to me at all, and reminds me of when ditka bet it all on ricky williams and it cost him his career

and where do we even have cap room to do this?

just dumb

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i would have demanded gutefuck be fired asap if he had done something this stupid

in todays NFL you DO NOT overpay for runningbacks, you don't need them to win

besides we already have a very good one who we don't give the ball to enough to begin with who IMO is already overpaid

and then we have a backup running back who is also already pretty good

this makes no sense to me at all, and reminds me of when ditka bet it all on ricky williams and it cost him his career

and where do we even have cap room to do this?

just dumb
    Cap room is zero concern. After this year everything takes care of itself.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Cap room is zero concern. After this year everything takes care of itself.
    They don't have a lot of dead cap already sitting there for next year, that's true. Spotrac has them with about $20M of cap space in 2024, which isn't a lot but their situation is much better. Bakhtiari has a 40M cap hit, Aaron Jones is 17.7M and Preston Smith is 16.5M so you could get cap relief by cutting them outright or doing something else with those contracts. (To be clear, I'm not in favor of that.) Gary will be extended and if Jordan Love has a good year they might want to start working on a long-term contract for him as well. I don't think they will be big players in FA next year unless they do something with some of those big legacy contracts (Bakhtiari, Clark, Jaire, Jones, Smith, Devondre, Rasul) to get room. That's several months out and a lot can happen before next year's deadline so who knows...but at least they aren't staring at being OVER the cap.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/cap/2024/

I still don't think they would pull the trigger on a trade for Taylor. Saquon Barkley and Josh Jacobs will be UFAs if you want to overpay for a productive RB. AJ Dillon will be a UFA as well.
    I could see them looking for a back along the lines of a Miles Sanders, who signed a 4 year, $25,400,000 contract with the Carolina Panthers. That's easier to manage on the books than $15M/year for a RB IMO. I like Taylor but he's not signing for Miles Sanders money, and GB should allocate their money elsewhere.

If a RB can get paid, I'm happy for them. They take a beating and get hurt a lot, so it doesn't make much sense to pay a lot for one IMO, especially if you can draft one in R3-7 that will do the job well enough. Shanahan offenses arguably are responsible for the shift to not paying RBs or drafting them high. They have done very well with castoffs, UDFAs, and late round picks (Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, CJ Anderson, Philip Lindsay, Raheem Mostert, Elijah Mitchell, etc.).

Blake Corum from Michigan has great vision and cutback ability. He's a little on the light side, I think, but that dude is good. He'll be available next April . . .
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

That's a third-fourth round back, Fritz. That's if he stays healthy in 2023. He's undersized, to say the least.

If he had the same movement skills with two more inches of height and 10-15 lbs of muscle, that's a first round back.

Pro Football Focus has Corum at #41 overall. Sports Illustrated has him at #44. They list him at 213 and 210 pounds, respectively. If those weights are accurate, he's short, not small.

Those weights are heavier than what I've been tracking about him. If his knee checks out, and he runs well at the combine, I could see him going in the second round.