Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DEAR GUTEBAG----------------BRING JONATHON TAYLOR HOME

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Those weights are heavier than what I've been tracking about him. If his knee checks out, and he runs well at the combine, I could see him going in the second round.
    I wasn’t suggesting he was necessarily first-round material. And he does seem a bit brittle. My point was that there are talented, much cheaper guys out there that can be had for less than a king’s ransom.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Agreed on that count. Taylor would be cool in a Packers uni, but it would be a punitive cost.

As much as I'd LOVE to have Taylor, this is not the type of move you make at this point in time considering all the dead money baggage we need to still shed this year and next year between AR and Bakh. If we were a true SB contender, then yeah, make this move and go "all-in" but they are asking more than this young team can afford to give up at this point.

I keep reminding people, they tried the "all in" thing last year - brought back all the guys Rodgers wanted, all the old-timers, his buddies, plus they had veteran help on defense in Jarran Reed. It didn't work out.

I wouldn't want an injured, holding-out-for-a-monster-cntract running back no matter what stage of building a team I was in, if I were a GM.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Continue building a dominant OL then ride the likes of Emanual Wilson and Tyler Goodson to the promised land. Talented backs abound post college. Hell, in the right situation a guy like Latavius Murry can lead a team.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.