Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
Per run's post, I've been wondering if secretly MLF is having fun this year, being able to dial up his own stuff and take control of the offense. I'm sure he loved ARod as his QB and all, but still, it's gotta be fun to feel like he's got the freedom to really run this offense his way.

Now will he love it so much when the Packers' offense plays like shit and can't put up points? We'll see. But for now, it's more the offense that I think we all expected when he came here, and that he ran more in the first year, until Rodgers kinda deep-sixed a bunch of stuff, or so it seemed to me. Lots less motion and all that.
Definitely. And to be honest, in a lot of ways it looked smoother than games with 12. I think Rodgers made it harder than it had to be in a lot of ways.

Mildly concerned to see him throw behind guys a couple times. Seemed to be consistently a little behind. I imagine he practiced all training camp and had a feel for the speed with the guys having training camp legs. I would imagine the load they put on them leading up to real games is kind of optimized for them to be 100% for Sundays. Maybe his guys were a little peppier than he was used to.