Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
I saw a breakdown of the Packers offense by a football guy on Twitter (don’t remember who) but he said Lafleur on week 1 had the most diversity in run plays in the league. Said he ran everything. Maybe they decided with all 2nd year players or better that they would make the run game more complex rather than making the pass game complex. In that case, Meyer isn’t doing the same runs over and over that he’s used to and has to make different kinds of blocks that he’s not used to?
That's believable. In the past, I have disparaged a run first offense, and I really don't want the Packers to sell out completely that way even now. But that number and variety of run plays maybe was part of what made Love so effective. I said before the roster cut down I was hoping for a rotation of runners. As great as Aaron Jones is, he's probably not sturdy enough to carry too big a load. and A.J. Dillon just seems to fall down too easy as well as not being very shifty. Even if Jones can play, I'm hoping to see a lot of Patrick Taylor and Emanuel Wilson against the Falcons and going forward.

I'm thinking LaFleur was trying out a lot of things against the Bears, trying to see what in the playbook worked the best. Ultimately, I think he makes both the run game and passing game complex. That seems to be his thing.

Regarding Myers, you're probably right about different blocking schemes - him and the rest of them. Some of what the detractors perceived as weakness or not much push forward may have been pulling, as I saw him do several times. Whatever the "ya'all" crowd may think of Myers, I (and I think the Packers staff) aren't gonna move Tom to Center because he's doing too good a job at Tackle.

As I have said, continuity of personnel is a key to good O Line play.