Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2023 Week 1 Packers at Bears (Love v Fields 1.0) Game DISCUSSION Thread!

Official 2023 Week 1 Packers at Bears (Love v Fields 1.0) Game DISCUSSION Thread!

Justin Fields is a proven rushing QB with a lot of uncertainty as a passer. As long as he’s healthy and has his athleticism he’s a good player. There’s still a chance he becomes great but an equally strong chance he flames out early as his athleticism leaves him.

The Bears OL is still very suspect and has a lot to prove in 2023.

DJ Moore and Mooney make a strong 1/2 at receiver. They have decent tight ends.

At running back, Fields and company make for a formidable rushing attack.

On defense the Bears have some young up and comers in the secondary, some big additions at linebacker and a couple new faces up front. They were all time aweful last year and look to be bad again. Probably better, but a bad defense none the less.

This is a great game for Love to start his career as QB1. There should be plenty of time for him to make good decisions and show what he’s got. We’ll see how the young guys and Gary improve up front.

Packers 27 - Bears 23
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Justin Fields is a proven rushing QB with a lot of uncertainty as a passer. As long as he’s healthy and has his athleticism he’s a good player. There’s still a chance he becomes great but an equally strong chance he flames out early as his athleticism leaves him.

The Bears OL is still very suspect and has a lot to prove in 2023.

DJ Moore and Mooney make a strong 1/2 at receiver. They have decent tight ends.

At running back, Fields and company make for a formidable rushing attack.

On defense the Bears have some young up and comers in the secondary, some big additions at linebacker and a couple new faces up front. They were all time aweful last year and look to be bad again. Probably better, but a bad defense none the less.

This is a great game for Love to start his career as QB1. There should be plenty of time for him to make good decisions and show what he’s got. We’ll see how the young guys and Gary improve up front.

Packers 27 - Bears 23
    I think starting his first game as face-of-franchise on the road will actually take some pressure off.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Gotta hit Fields just a few times to make him want to run. He might gash us, but it'll keep him from feeling comfortable enough to get the passing game off the ground. We win that way.

I think if you play fantasy football you drink the Justin Fields KoolAid. I think if you don't he has a lot to prove if he's going to be even an average QB. They've decided to put some pieces around him, DJ Moore is a nice get and they've tried to improve the OL but they are banged up (no Teven Jenkins) and have some weak links. On defense, they decided to spend a chunk of their cap space on two ILBs which is the most Bears thing ever, after trading Roquan away. That said, Edwards and Edmunds will improve the middle of the defense and will defend the middle of the field well with their size and instincts. Their DL is either rookies or JAGs, and their secondary is coming along but still has some holes. I like Jaquan Brisker and Jaylon Johson, not sold on the rest. This was the worst team in football last year, and while they should be better I don't think they are contenders.

GB will have to prove they can stop the run - CHI is going to run the ball at them - and not let receivers run free like they did last year in Week 1. I think Jordan Love will be fine - he's shown poise and good decision making in the pocket (if not good accuracy) and he has a lot of young receivers who could be playmakers. He also has a good OL and solid running game to help him. I think Luke Musgrave will find tough sledding overall but he'll stress those CHI ILBs and safeties. Jayden Reed might actually do better, assuming he doesn't drop the ball. (Rookie yips and all)

I think overall GB is the better team, but it's on the road for Week 1 and that's a recipe for wild variation from the norm. Playing a lot of starters this preseason (along with slow starts in previous seasons) will have the team ready to play full speed. I think it will be close but I could see a 4 point win. Few things would be sweeter than breaking CHI fans hearts with a good performance by Jordan Love. Few things would be worse than having to listen to CHI fans crow if they win. Many of them think GB is roadkill without Rodgers.

The fucking Green Bay run defense. That is the key. I don’t have much faith in Joe Barely.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think if you play fantasy football you drink the Justin Fields KoolAid. I think if you don't he has a lot to prove if he's going to be even an average QB.
    That explains the Fields hype. I've never played FF so he just looks like a meh QB who can run to me. Maybe this will be a breakout year for him, but I won't believe it until I see it.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Stay in your lanes! Don't freelance! Keep that fucker bottled up!

That god Z isn't here any more.

KYPack

The official Unofficial Depth Chart to open the season.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

So Toure is listed as the #2 slot receiver? He seems to have slid a bit since the "wow he looks great coming into camp" talk.

I am also hoping the Packers play Gary very sparingly, then come to an agreement on an extension soon. Soon.

KYPack

I can't remember the last time I was this excited to see the team. Who knows what we are going to be.
    Can love be good? Or great?
    Is this the year that the hype our d gets preseason shows up in season?
    Special teams fixed for the 1st time in close to 2 decades???

Bears still suck. We are going to kick there ass!
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    So Toure is listed as the #2 slot receiver? He seems to have slid a bit since the "wow he looks great coming into camp" talk.

I am also hoping the Packers play Gary very sparingly, then come to an agreement on an extension soon. Soon.
    I don't know that Toure has slid so much as he has been passed by others. Heath, and Wicks when healthy, have been very impressive. Still, if Doubs is out Sunday, I think we'll see Toure some.

MLF has said Gary will be on a pitch count early. Not sure sparingly though.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I can't remember the last time I was this excited to see the team. Who knows what we are going to be.
    Can love be good? Or great?
    Is this the year that the hype our d gets preseason shows up in season?
    Special teams fixed for the 1st time in close to 2 decades???

Bears still suck. We are going to kick there ass!
    Let’s rock then. Tomorrow (Thursday) my paycheck is gonna look something like this:

Hourly pay rate: $15
    Hours worked: 40
    Gross income for pay period: $600
    Federal income tax: $51
    Wisconsin income tax: $23
    Social security tax: $40
    Medicare tax: $20
    Medical insurance: $33
    Net income: $433

Your confidence regarding a Packer victory is inspiring. I am gonna put the entire paycheck on the Packers, moneyline, at +100.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Most of the country will get Packers/Bears. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen with the call. Much of the West, including Alaska and Hawaii, will get Rams at Seattle. Kevin Kugler and Mark Sanchez with the call.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Most of the country will get Packers/Bears. Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen with the call. Much of the West, including Alaska and Hawaii, will get Rams at Seattle. Kevin Kugler and Mark Sanchez with the call.

When the schedule was released in April, game was initially scheduled for noon. Much to my dismay, game has been flexed to late afternoon.

Y’all give zero fucks, but my day offs from the burger joint are now Thursday, Friday and Saturday instead of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I woulda liked to take a 4 hours nap after game before heading to burger joint.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 09-06-2023 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Watching Kyle’s Cabin on YouTube.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Bears trade R6 pick to MIA for OG Dan Feeney. Pretty good trade for both sides.

Jaquan Brisker adding bulletin board material to the preexisting stuff from Justin Jones. Seems that Bears fans aren't the only ones being chirpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Let’s rock then. Tomorrow (Thursday) my paycheck is gonna look something like this:

Your confidence regarding a Packer victory is inspiring. I am gonna put the entire paycheck on the Packers, moneyline, at +100.
    What is that saying;? Oh yeah, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

NFL week 1 is the week of WTF type games where good teams look like shit and bad teams appear to be playoff bound...

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

Among those #Packers not practicing today: WR Christian Watson (unknown), David Bakhtiari, Romeo Doubs (hamstring).
    First injury report will be released later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

Fuck now we are gonna lose for sure!!! You gonna have to start flipping burgers overtime
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post