Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official 2023 Week 1 Packers at Bears (Love v Fields 1.0) Game DISCUSSION Thread!

The D knows there gonna have to hold up. They will come out firing on all cylinders.
    Formerly known as "Jeffro66".

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The curse of the hammys is back! Aaargh!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Great, so our # 1 and # 2 WRs are going to be out! Great start to the season!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The curse of the hammys is back! Aaargh!
    Or Doubs and Watson, especially Watson, are just milksops who suffer from the Claymaker metrosexual disorder. Recall how the Claymaker used to skip games whenever his hair ain’t pretty? Watson is a lot like that.

Someone needs to check if the injury-prone Watson has balls cos he sure as fuck ain’t Bert Favor tough.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I like our chances a lot better if we have Watson and Doubs (and Wicks) healthy enough to play.
    Toure, Heath and Reed aren't going to strike fear into that defense, and I'm fairly confident Eberflus is going to make Jordan Love beat them by trying to stop the run and pressure the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    What is that saying;? Oh yeah, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

NFL week 1 is the week of WTF type games where good teams look like shit and bad teams appear to be playoff bound...
    Which is the Packers, good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Fuck now we are gonna lose for sure!!! You gonna have to start flipping burgers overtime
    Whatever happened to the Packers are gonna kick asses? Getting worried. Guess it will be wiser to wait til Sunday morning to place the bet.

Seriously, who the fuck pulls a hammy in a bye week? These jocks have access to top notch training facilities, for fuck’s sake!

Might as well just accept that Watson is a house of cards - one blow from cavin’ in, to paraphrase Katy Perry.

Doubs returned to practice today.

“He looked good,” coach Matt LaFleur said after practice. “He took a couple reps in each team period and all the routes on air. He looked good. We’re not going to put him in a position to miss a longer period of time. If he’s feeling good, he’ll be out there.”

Doubs’ tag-team partner, fellow receiver Christian Watson, was not seen in the Don Hutson Center or the practice field during the early parts of practice.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Packers coach gives brutal assessment of Yosh Nijman's role

Stenavich spoke to reporters on Thursday, and he gave an honest answer to a question about Nijman's role this season.
    "Right now, he's a backup tackle for us. That's where he's at, and football is a very competitive sport, and some guys rise to that competition and some guys don't, so that's basically all I have to say about that," said Stenavich.
    That's not exactly what you want to hear from a coach, and it's a surprising answer. Stenavich easily could've talked about the Packers' great depth at tackle and praised Nijman. The fact he didn't is notable.

That’s a big “ouch” right there. The “football is a competitive sport” thing leads me to think ol’Yoshie thought he had a starting role locked up and so went into cruise control this offseason. Doh!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Probably has his nose in some 25 year old hottie and thought a summer of romance was more important than football. I’m sure she’s gonna be right by his side when he’s selling cars at the ford dealership.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Shaking my fucking head at the Christine Watson update (no, it ain’t a typo: Christine). Some of us have hard-earned frogskins on the line, man!

Christine Watson is softer than an impotent peacock in the middle of Antarctica. More injury-prone than an overworked, 15 bucks an hour, 40 year old burger flipper.

Trade this fucking milksop for Jonathon Taylor already!

The Watson and Doubs injuries are concerning, but I have less faith over an entire season on a left tackle who can barely practice.

Doubs practiced yesterday. That's a pretty good sign. Watson probably needs a different strength and flexibility regiment.

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    Packers coach gives brutal assessment of Yosh Nijman's role

Stenavich spoke to reporters on Thursday, and he gave an honest answer to a question about Nijman's role this season.
    "Right now, he's a backup tackle for us. That's where he's at, and football is a very competitive sport, and some guys rise to that competition and some guys don't, so that's basically all I have to say about that," said Stenavich.
    That's not exactly what you want to hear from a coach, and it's a surprising answer. Stenavich easily could've talked about the Packers' great depth at tackle and praised Nijman. The fact he didn't is notable.
    Yosh isn't a nasty dude. The packers staff has hated that all along. They just can't accept his carefree attitude even though he has pretty much held up on gameday. 2x they replaced him and lost playoff games because of it. He needs to move on. He probably won't ever be great, but he should be playing right now at RT with Tom at C. But hey, they would rather have the better personality botching snaps I guess.

I just don't get it. I understand his talent is otherworldly and he just isn't motivated enough to maximize it, but Yosh at 80% is NFL starter. Sometimes you have to accept who a guy is and win games.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Watson out. Doubs questionable.

Watson out. Doubs questionable.

Well, that's and awkward start.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    The D knows there gonna have to hold up. They will come out firing on all cylinders.
    We can only hope, go Pack!