View Poll Results: DOES GREEN BAY WIN IN WEEK ONE VS. DA BEARS !!!!

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES< TAKE IT TO THE BANK

18 75.00%
  • FLIP A COIN---NO CONFIDENCE EITHER WAY

4 16.67%
  • NO, and it will be DISAPPOINTING

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WEEK ONE----DO WE WIN OR LOSE ??

Blog Entries

WEEK ONE----DO WE WIN OR LOSE ??

What say you rats.

Time to put up, or shut up.

How confident are you that the Packers win in week one ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Bottom line: the Bears still suck.

The poll maybe shoulda asked, will the Packers and Love look great and fire everybody up for a great season? Or will struggle to an ugly win? That would be closer to a coin flip, but optimist that I am, I'd still go with the positive.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Love vs. Fields for the future of the division. In the greatest rivalry in sports. What a game.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    What say you rats.

Time to put up, or shut up.

How confident are you that the Packers win in week one ??
    Joe Barry’s run defense is a sieve. Jordan Love shows flashes but has a rocky day. Same with young receivers. Packers lose, fans panic immediately.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Love vs. Fields for the future of the division. In the greatest rivalry in sports. What a game.
    lol

At this time next year, Shedeur Sanders and Caleb Williams could be starting for the Packers and Bears, respectively.

Fuck tanking for Archibald Manning. Tank for Shedeur Sanders!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Bears were the worst team in the league last year. They haven't suddenly become good. The Packers have improved at most position groups and Love should be able to match what Rodgers did last year, if not exceed it. Plus the Packers actually played their starters in preseason, so they won't look like shit in the first game. Packers win 27-10 and the wailing from the Bears fans will be sweet to hear.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Packers defensive front is better then the Bears offensive line. And the Packers offensive line is darned good. I think the Packers win this one in the trenches. As long as Packers don't let Fields run wild, they have most of the advantages.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I'm figuring the Packers win by 16. The kid misses his first extra point attempt. Defense all the way.
    Formerly known as "Jeffro66".

Gotta love packer fans confidence! We’ve had 30 years of HOF qb play. We always expect to win.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Joe Barry’s run defense is a sieve. Jordan Love shows flashes but has a rocky day. Same with young receivers. Packers lose, fans panic immediately.

This could really happen. I have not decided who I think is going to win. I predicted 7-10. There are going to be a lot of up and downs this season.

We have an unproven QB, we're the youngest team in the NFL, we don't know how well Rashan Gary is, our #2 CB is injured, and our safeties are not really that good. All of our WR's and TE's are very young. There are going to be a lot of growing pains IMO
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    The Bears OL is still pretty bad; we do have a big advantage there.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Bears were the worst team in the league last year. They haven't suddenly become good. The Packers have improved at most position groups and Love should be able to match what Rodgers did last year, if not exceed it. Plus the Packers actually played their starters in preseason, so they won't look like shit in the first game. Packers win 27-10 and the wailing from the Bears fans will be sweet to hear.
    The Bears D is actually worse this year. Fields is going to suffer this year, which kinda makes me feel bad for him...

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    New guy sets the tone for the future of the rivalry.

The Bears OL is still pretty bad; we do have a big advantage there.
    Come on people, how many Packer games have we watched over the years where we said this EXACT thing, only to watch some no-name running back rush for well over one hundred yards?

Last year this time I was high on the Packer defense. And they dropped a bunch of turds most of the season.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    And how have we been the last couple years in our season opener ?

And who is da Bears OC right now.......prolly a guy we should've kept there

And how have we been the last couple years in our season opener ?

And who is da Bears OC right now.......prolly a guy we should've kept there
    Why do you say we should have kept him? What was so great about the Bears offense last year? Bears had by far the worst passing offense in the NFL last year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers defensive front is better then the Bears offensive line. And the Packers offensive line is darned good. I think the Packers win this one in the trenches. As long as Packers don't let Fields run wild, they have most of the advantages.
    Pretty much sums it up. Unless fields transforms into a great player and love flops, we should win.

Fields reminds me of the first few seasons of the Vikings - they had Tarkenton and virtually nothing else. It still was frustrating at times, though, to see the guy run all over hell and occasionally pull a TD pass out of his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Fields reminds me of the first few seasons of the Vikings - they had Tarkenton and virtually nothing else. It still was frustrating at times, though, to see the guy run all over hell and occasionally pull a TD pass out of his ass.
    That’s not the comp I was hoping to hear.

Back in the day, we beat Tarkenton the great majority of the time - because like the Bears now, the rest of his team was so bad, not to mention, Lombardi's Packers were so good, kinda like today's Packers too.