View Poll Results: DOES GREEN BAY WIN IN WEEK ONE VS. DA BEARS !!!!

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES< TAKE IT TO THE BANK

18 75.00%
  • FLIP A COIN---NO CONFIDENCE EITHER WAY

4 16.67%
  • NO, and it will be DISAPPOINTING

2 8.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WEEK ONE----DO WE WIN OR LOSE ??

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Back in the day, we beat Tarkenton the great majority of the time - because like the Bears now, the rest of his team was so bad, not to mention, Lombardi's Packers were so good, kinda like today's Packers too.
    I looked it up. Green Bay was 14 - 13 - 1 against Tarkenton-led teams. That's not what I'd call "the great majority of the time." But it was better than what I thought.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

A lot of that was after the Lombardi era - when it was a great majority of the time.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

A lot of that was after the Lombardi era - when it was a great majority of the time.
    The classic Tex move when Patlerized: "Well, I didn't mean it like that. I meant it like this, so I was still right."

Say what you mean the first time, Tex.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Also, during the Lombardi era, the Vikings were just added to the NFL and had been formed in 1959. We should be kicking the Tampa Bay equivalent from the 1970s ass.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I suppose I should have specified it to begin with hahahaha - so nice to have a God damned truth squad.

I remember the very first Packer/Vikings game, also Tarkenton's first game vs he Packers because it was my Confirmation Day - I had a bad look on all the pictures because I was getting called away from watchng the game (a 37-13 win as I recall - I suppose somebody will look that one up too hahahaha). In those days and for the rest of the Lombardi era, he did that scrambling thing a lot like Fields now. It was frustrating to watch, but since ya'all like to look things up, maybe check how many times we beat him in those early years. Sure, Tarkenton overlapped into the Bengtson years and maybe beyond, and he probably was still around when the damned Vikings got to and blew the Super Bowl (you can check that one too hahahaha).

The point being, when I said "back in the day" (if I said that), I meant when Tarkenton was at the stage of his career that Fields is now.

Jordan Love is about to take his first step into ownership…of the Chicago Bears. Because that is what a GB QB does.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

IF they lose. I think it will be close, and the new kicker is what will cost them.

I suppose I should have specified it to begin with hahahaha - so nice to have a God damned truth squad.

I remember the very first Packer/Vikings game, also Tarkenton's first game vs he Packers because it was my Confirmation Day - I had a bad look on all the pictures because I was getting called away from watchng the game (a 37-13 win as I recall - I suppose somebody will look that one up too hahahaha). In those days and for the rest of the Lombardi era, he did that scrambling thing a lot like Fields now. It was frustrating to watch, but since ya'all like to look things up, maybe check how many times we beat him in those early years. Sure, Tarkenton overlapped into the Bengtson years and maybe beyond, and he probably was still around when the damned Vikings got to and blew the Super Bowl (you can check that one too hahahaha).

The point being, when I said "back in the day" (if I said that), I meant when Tarkenton was at the stage of his career that Fields is now.
    People who hold you just a l-e-e-e-t-l-e bit accountable for the crap you throw around sometimes?

You might not like it, but it matters.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    IF they lose. I think it will be close, and the new kicker is what will cost them.
    I said they were a 9-8 team that would be fine finishing 5-12 with a top 8 pick due to rookie K/P. Then they can decide if the potential is playing out or they can move on after this young roster has a year under its belt. We aren't winning an Owl, might as well get a top pick and hope one of the 2 work out.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Love vs. Fields for the future of the division. In the greatest rivalry in sports. What a game.
    No shit man.
    I bet we take this game.

Very excited to see the start of love Era. I am worried about our slow starts but the bears are a bad team.
    Man I hope I feel this good or better tonight.

GPG!
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The classic Tex move when Patlerized: "Well, I didn't mean it like that. I meant it like this, so I was still right."

Say what you mean the first time, Tex.
    Fields reminds me of the first few seasons of the Vikings - they had Tarkenton and virtually nothing else. It still was frustrating at times, though, to see the guy run all over hell and occasionally pull a TD pass out of his ass.
    Back in the day, we beat Tarkenton the great majority of the time - because like the Bears now, the rest of his team was so bad, not to mention, Lombardi's Packers were so good, kinda like today's Packers too.
    Tarkenton was 2-10 as a starter against the Packers from his rookie year in 1961 to Lombardi's last season as Packers coach in 1967.

After further review, tex was right. Fritz is charged with a timeout and has one challenge remaining.

Tarkenton ran for only one rushing TD in that time, his rookie season. He threw 12 TD passes and 21 INTs in that span.
    Last edited by smuggler; 09-11-2023 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Added Tark's stats

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Tarkenton was 2-10 as a starter against the Packers from his rookie year in 1961 to Lombardi's last season as Packers coach in 1967.

After further review, tex was right. Fritz is charged with a timeout and has one challenge remaining.

Tarkenton ran for only one rushing TD in that time, his rookie season. He threw 12 TD passes and 21 INTs in that span.
    AND I was wrong in my prediction for the game.

Fuck.

Apologies to you, Tex.

KYPack

I know at the time it probably felt good that those Vikings teams collapsed in the big game, but I do feel bad for those old-timers who never got to achieve the pinnacle of greatness. Kinda like Ahman Green on those tweener Packers teams. Not quite.

Especially since a lot of the old-timers are fading away now.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I'm figuring the Packers win by 16. The kid misses his first extra point attempt. Defense all the way.
    What the …. Damn, had you in the list of potentially deceased accounts.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    New guy sets the tone for the future of the rivalry.
    See that Tex, I was riding with you the whole way unlike that Fritz trying to wash your balls now after you straightened the stupid out of him.

Fuck.

Apologies to you, Tex.
    Never apologize to Tex. Its like feeding a stray.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Bretsky, CaptainD, Fosco33, Vincenzo, Fritz, Tony Oday

This group owes the Packer faithful a little penance. I think at least in Tony Oday's case it's some sort of weird reverse-jinx gris-gris shit, but it does not matter. Each of you pony up, go out on your front porch, spank yourself, and say thirteen Hail Marys to St. Vincent.

In other news, the Bears still suck.

Fuck.

Apologies to you, Tex.
    Thanks Fritz. Good job with your additional research about Tarkenton.

As for the Bears game, predictions are predictions. Some work, some don't.

I am completely confident in saying AGAIN though, this Packers team is loaded even if Love is just mediocre. And it's beginning to look like Love is pretty far above that level.