View Poll Results: DOES GREEN BAY WIN IN WEEK ONE VS. DA BEARS !!!!

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES< TAKE IT TO THE BANK

18 75.00%
  • FLIP A COIN---NO CONFIDENCE EITHER WAY

4 16.67%
  • NO, and it will be DISAPPOINTING

2 8.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WEEK ONE----DO WE WIN OR LOSE ??

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Thanks Fritz. Good job with your additional research about Tarkenton.

As for the Bears game, predictions are predictions. Some work, some don't.

I am completely confident in saying AGAIN though, this Packers team is loaded even if Love is just mediocre. And it's beginning to look like Love is pretty far above that level.
    Mediocre might be a bit of a stretch. This team isn't the 2000 Ravens that won with Dilfert. But if Love is good (and indications are that he is), the Packers will be very good. There's enough talent that he doesn't need to be peak Rodgers or Favre.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Thanks Fritz. Good job with your additional research about Tarkenton.

As for the Bears game, predictions are predictions. Some work, some don't.

I am completely confident in saying AGAIN though, this Packers team is loaded even if Love is just mediocre. And it's beginning to look like Love is pretty far above that level.
    The OL has been awful for 15 years and now with the same guys is great.

The rest of the team was ok for 15 years and Rodgers carried them and now they’re loaded even though it’s mostly the same guys playing.

You really are the most stubborn ass in the whole world, Tex
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    See that Tex, I was riding with you the whole way unlike that Fritz trying to wash your balls now after you straightened the stupid out of him.
    Holy shit. I didn’t know standing up and admitting you’re wrong was ball washing. I thought that’s what a real man does. But maybe it’s different in Mexico. Or maybe it’s different with the young punk generation.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Not awful then, RG, just overrated. Not great now, just one damn good game against a possibly pathetic team.

They improved their run game, at least inside running last year. Hopefully, they will continue to look good this season both run and pass blocking - we'll see.

One thing I've observed over time, playing together with not much turnover tends to make O Lines better. We pretty much have that going for us.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    The OL has been awful for 15 years and now with the same guys is great.

The rest of the team was ok for 15 years and Rodgers carried them and now they’re loaded even though it’s mostly the same guys playing.

You really are the most stubborn ass in the whole world, Tex
    Mic drop.

There's a clique of dumbshits in here who seem to think just because they get pats on the back and agreement within their group, they are somehow right or agreed with outside of their clique in here.

Good sense and observability says they're wrong.

There's a clique of dumbshits in here who seem to think just because they get pats on the back and agreement within their group, they are somehow right or agreed with outside of their clique in here.

There's no conspiracy or clique. You're just wrong and can't admit it.

The test will be when Bakhtiari is not around - sooner or later. Will the Packers O Line drop off a lot or stay the same or better? Arguably, in the past without him there was no drop off - or are ya'all sacred cow worshipers in denial about that too?

The test will be when Bakhtiari is not around - sooner or later. Will the Packers O Line drop off a lot or stay the same or better? Arguably, in the past without him there was no drop off - or are ya'all sacred cow worshipers in denial about that too?
    Fuck you, Tex. A few people think Bahk is not as bad as you think and you create a derogatory label "sacred cow worshipers" to make it sound like they've got some extreme view.

At least you're consistent.

As someone who is probably Yosh's biggest fan, I will say you are high if you think there was no drop off. We continually had TEs and RBs chip to help on the blindside whenever Bak has missed time. I understand you are a VERY casual fan and don't notice things like that, but you have been here for over a decade while we discuss such things. I would think at least a little bit of knowledge would rub off.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

How many games was Bakhtiari out when they went 14-3? How did they do when he was back playing last season?

Rub off? Sheeeesh. Dumbasses parroting media and things like PFF doesn't trump what can be easily observed in my book.

As I said in an earlier post, sooner or later, ya'all will be without your sacred cow, and the test of it all will be how the team does without him - in general and running outside left in particular ..... but I bet the worshipers will still be in denial even when the team does as good or better without him.

How many games was Bakhtiari out when they went 14-3? How did they do when he was back playing last season?

Rub off? Sheeeesh. Dumbasses parroting media and things like PFF doesn't trump what can be easily observed in my book.

As I said in an earlier post, sooner or later, ya'all will be without your sacred cow, and the test of it all will be how the team does without him - in general and running outside left in particular ..... but I bet the worshipers will still be in denial even when the team does as good or better without him.
    Let's apply this logic to Rodgers's last year vs Love this year. If the have a better record this year, can we call you a sacred cow worshiper for Rodgers?

The thing Bakh does excellent is NOT run block to the left. It's protecting the blind side in pass pro.

Cliques would be 2 or more groups of at least somewhat sizeable amounts. This is Tex thinks one thing and LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE DISAGREES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    The thing Bakh does excellent is NOT run block to the left. It's protecting the blind side in pass pro.
    But he is actually much better than he gets credit for. People always want to think of a superior run block as road grading someone. Simply sealing off a lane works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    But he is actually much better than he gets credit for. People always want to think of a superior run block as road grading someone. Simply sealing off a lane works just fine.
    I guess I've always been okay with Bakhtiari's run blocking because he brings much more to the table than Chad Clifton. Clifton was a true dancing bear and was a better pure pass blocker than Bakhtiari. But Bakhtiari is the better overall player. Bakhtiari and Jenkins playing side by side are quite good.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Holy shit. I didn’t know standing up and admitting you’re wrong was ball washing. I thought that’s what a real man does. But maybe it’s different in Mexico. Or maybe it’s different with the young punk generation.
    I was trying to give Tex his moment. It usually only happens once a season but way early this year that a poster will tell him he is right.
    I can’t tell you about Mexico haven’t visited in 30 years. Where my father was from is way too crazy to visit for over a decade. Sadly no one on here including APB/Tank is young enough to be from the “young punk” generation.

Because so many of them are too damn dumb to go with what is easily observable. Honestly, I don't give a shit what that clique of wrongheaded posters spew out.

You've been away from Mexico that long? I've been there less time ago than that, the border area anyway. It doesn't seem all that bad on the surface - less slum-like than 40 or so years ago, although I suppose there's a LOT of bad shit going on that isn't immediately visible.

About Bakhtiari as a run blocker, the question the worshipers don't/can't answer is why is there so little success running outside on his side of the field compared to the highly successful inside zone stuff? And pass blocking? I never said he was bad, just kinda overrated, There's every bit as much pressure if not more coming from his area that the middle or right side. He ain't Marshall House, but he ain't a complete wall over there either.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I see now. If you run inside effectively only the C and 2 Gs did anything.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I see now. If you run inside effectively only the C and 2 Gs did anything.
    Says nothing of your running back being particularly good at making linebackers miss in tight quarters either.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.