Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs Bears

More Banjo - Packers vs Bears

The season of Love is here.

Matt LaFleur stays perfect vs Bears. 9-0.

Jordan Love - 245 yards passing.3 TD's 123.2 passer rating.

Aaron Jones - 127 total yards 2 TD's.

Jayden Reed - 48 yards receiving, 54 yards returning.

Quay Walker pick 6

Devonte Wyatt - 1.5 sacks, 2 TFL, 2 QB hits.

Discuss.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Crossing my fingers that Reed is okay and Quay's noodle didn't get too scrambled on the hit across the goal line.

Was nice to get contributions from Wyatt, Quay, Van Ness, and Brooks all in the same game.

Good game to start the season considering the last two years have sucked something awful. Lot of work to still be down.

My take:

The Good
    Love - looked very good. Some really good passes and some not so good. Good decisions. The not so good throws were overthrown balls, but that can be fixed.
    O-line (except Myers) - Didn't read the stat line, but can only remember one sack, which I believe was a coverage sake, Love just held onto the ball too long.
    A. Jones - He was on fire.
    Defense - Good game overall. Got stops when they needed them. Sacks, an INT, pressure.
    Carlson - Made every kick. What more could you ask for?

The Bad
    Stupid penalties
    Myers - Two botched snaps - at least two that I saw. Backed into Jones on the 1st play for the offense.
    Dillon - Change your cleats or something.
    Tackling - Every year it's the same, tackling sucks at times.

Quote Originally Posted by /u/ninjatater
    Everyone with the whole “yadda yadda it’s week 1” takes can fuck right off. You plan and prepare for this game all offseason. This is the PACKERS coming into YOUR HOME and you go ahead and get OUTCOACHED and OUTCLASSED on BOTH sides of the ball. Fields haters are given a FIELD day. Green Bay fans are just jizzing to the moon because hey, Jordan Love might not be a hall of fame QB yet, but he can BEAT the FUCKING BEARS and that’s all that matters. You think this team has a Harvey Weinstein chance in hell at taking it to the Packers later this season, in GREEN BAY? When they’ll most likely have CHRISTIAN WATSON back on offense? I honestly can’t wait to hear what Flus has to say after this one. Also Poles not investing in oline after Wright and not targeting any real pass rushers in the draft is rearing its ugly head right about now. Rant over. I guess.
    From www.reddit.com/r/CHIBears

If this is the highlight of the season, I'm good with it. Hoping for more.

Living down here in the Flatland, tonight my thirst will be quenched with the tears of Bears fans as they ponder being under new ownership.
    Again.

A helluva lot to be happy about!

Joe Barry's D stopped the run, did a good job against the pass, and didn't let Fields go completely crazy. All those things are improvements from the past, and supposedly the Bears O has more talent this year hahahaha.

Jordan Love took care of the ball like that guy we used to have a QB who hardly ever threw picks. What was his name again? As I said in the gameday thread, I think the use of Aaron Jones was calculated and highly intelligent by LaFleur, not burning him out early in the game. Maybe they had a hint about the hamstring thing going into the game too. Smart use of players anyway. Not so smart clock management. I think LaFleur will self-correct on that. Also, they play calling seemed over cautious in the first half, and not too wild even in the second half, but in the end, we scored 8 more points than anybody else in the league (oops, I see Miami won 36-34 and Jacsonville scored 31 - oh well, make that 8 better than anybody in the NFC). Not throwing stupid picks, to me, is the key to the season, that and Barry's D scheme not shitting the bed. Great so far.
    Last edited by texaspackerbacker; 09-10-2023 at 08:50 PM.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

DL play was outstanding. The Bears OL is mediocre at best, but the Packers did what you are supposed to do against that kind of OL and continually put pressure on the QB. Numerous guys got sacks, including a couple rookies. They also kept the run game of the Bears relatively in check as well.

R Douglas was a beast. He committed a stupid penalty, but had several nice pass breakups and tackles around the LOS. The addition of DJ Moore for the Bears produced virtually nothing in week 1. There were too many breakdowns in coverage to my liking, but they did keep the offense in front of them and limited chunk plays, which is what the Barely defense is designed to do.

Offensively, the team was far too conservative in the first half and did not get the ball to Aaron Jones nearly enough. That changed coming out of halftime and the team blew the doors off the Bears in the second half. Considering the youth of the team and the loss of Watson, this was a statement game for the Packer offense. As they gain experience and get a weapon like Watson back, they proved how complete they can be by pounding a very subpar defense into submission. The OL looks very solid. Love isn’t highly accurate, but he maintains a poise that you want from your QB, which I believe plays into his successful play on 3/4 downs.

Overall, great first game to build on. Bring on the dirty birds.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

With three tuddies today, Jordan Love has matched the number of 3-TD starts in Fields' career. He needs 19 more TD passes to match Justin Fields in career touchdown passes. And four more wins to match Fields in wins. Fields has started 24 more games and thrown 515 more pass attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    With three tuddies today, Jordan Love has matched the number of 3-TD starts in Fields' career. He needs 19 more TD passes to match Justin Fields in career touchdown passes. And four more wins to match Fields in wins. Fields has started 24 more games and thrown 515 more pass attempts.
    That is to be expected from the new owner of the Bears.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Good game to start the season considering the last two years have sucked something awful. Lot of work to still be down.

My take:

The Good
    Love - looked very good. Some really good passes and some not so good. Good decisions. The not so good throws were overthrown balls, but that can be fixed.
    O-line (except Myers) - Didn't read the stat line, but can only remember one sack, which I believe was a coverage sake, Love just held onto the ball too long.
    A. Jones - He was on fire.
    Defense - Good game overall. Got stops when they needed them. Sacks, an INT, pressure.
    Carlson - Made every kick. What more could you ask for?

The Bad
    Stupid penalties
    Myers - Two botched snaps - at least two that I saw. Backed into Jones on the 1st play for the offense.
    Dillon - Change your cleats or something.
    Tackling - Every year it's the same, tackling sucks at times.
    Curious what you mean by the last 2 years have sucked? We went 13-4 in 2021. Wasn’t that tackling actually really solid this game? Lots of short throws where we tackled the receiver for short gains.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I liked seeing VanNess get the angle on Fields. I don’t think Fields thought a 280 DE was going to be able to move like that because he looked completely caught off guard by how fast that unfolded.

Musgrave runs like a deer.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Curious what you mean by the last 2 years have sucked? We went 13-4 in 2021. Wasn’t that tackling actually really solid this game? Lots of short throws where we tackled the receiver for short gains.
    I think he means the opener.

i think i might be most impressed with a pass love didn't make. the little dump pass over the middle that was dropped by jones because myers bumped into him right when the ball was getting there

they showed a replay from behind, and it was a messed up play, love didn't throw the ball when he was suppose to, but then a tiny little lane opened up. love adjusted his arm and tossed it side arm and hit jones right where he needed to.

there was no room for error with that throw

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I liked seeing VanNess get the angle on Fields. I don’t think Fields thought a 280 DE was going to be able to move like that because he looked completely caught off guard by how fast that unfolded.

a retarded drunken deer with its hoofs in buckets of cement that are on a frozen pond?

then yes, he looked like a deer

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    a retarded drunken deer with its hoofs in buckets of cement that are on a frozen pond?

then yes, he looked like a deer
    Whatever you want to call it, he sure surprised Fields with his speed. Wyatt too.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post

hahahaha Nothing runs like a deer - I head that in a commercial, so it must be true. Van Ness sure ran faster than a Bear, though.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Whatever you want to call it, he sure surprised Fields with his speed. Wyatt too.
    musgrave runs like that, not van ness

i was talking about the other white rookie that kept getting open but then falling down

That was really nice to see.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    That was really nice to see.
    That was meant for the Van Ness comment.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    musgrave runs like that, not van ness

i was talking about the other white rookie that kept getting open but then falling down
    Go back and watch his college tape and his preseason. Musgrave falls over all the time. His balance is an issue and it's possible that it always will. He has great speed for his size and has at least competed, so there's hope for him.
    Van Ness looked ok, I think he doesn't have a plan on the pass rush but he can run.